" Sub Q error " in Marantz CD 6003

COOLDUDE7808

Hi ,

I am getting a message - " Sub Q error " displayed in the screen after the "TOC reading " message in Marantz CD 6003 when I play audio CD's and Mp3 CD's .
This is not specific to any particular CD ...I have tried a few of them .

A cd played as if the pitch had been slowed down ...voice dragged . so I stopped it and then played it back ...that's when i got this message.

USB plays fine .

Checked the net and found this -

Marantz CD6003 - SubQ Error ?, CD-/SACD-Player & andere digitale Quellen - HIFI-FORUM

any idea what this error means ? . how to solve it ?

It's a generic error code for CD players. I also get this in the car CDP sometimes. It usually means an "unrecognizable CD format". It can happen if you're burning your own CDs, esp. on cheap media. It may also do this with very old/heavily scratched discs. But, if it's also throwing that error with new retail CD's, then it must be a matter of tray alignment for sure.

hi - its doing it with all the CD's ..the tray does close and open normally ........

Can i fix this on my own ? ...could it be the belt or something ...i will be opening it to see .. what all can i do from my end before I take it to the shop

hi - its doing it with all the CD's ..the tray does close and open normally ........

Can i fix this on my own ? ...could it be the belt or something ...i will be opening it to see .. what all can i do from my end before I take it to the shop

Why touch it ? Is it not under warranty ?

no , its not under warranty ... also i feel atleast cleaning the lens and then trying it would be worth it before i take it somewhere . very few people have got this error in Marantz CD 6003 ...so nothing available on the net ....

What can i do and where i can take it in mumbai to get this fixed in case i am not able to do it ...

no , its not under warranty ... also i feel atleast cleaning the lens and then trying it would be worth it before i take it somewhere . very few people have got this error in Marantz CD 6003 ...so nothing available on the net ....

What can i do and where i can take it in mumbai to get this fixed in case i am not able to do it ...

Don't worry. I'm sure your issue will get fixed quickly.

Hope;)

--
helium
Cambridge Audio 640c V2.0-> SB Classic -> Audiolab 8000A + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175/Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

I opened it ....the cd was not spinning ...when i manually rotated it ...just like those fans in trains ...it started spinning and then played for some time ...i had to do it everytime i had to play the CD .....guess i will have to take it to a shop .........can somebody suggest where in mumbai can i go to fix this ....

I think the Disc motor needs to be replaced . OR anything that I can do to fix it ?

I opened it ....the cd was not spinning ...when i manually rotated it ...just like those fans in trains ...it started spinning and then played for some time ...i had to do it everytime i had to play the CD .....guess i will have to take it to a shop .........can somebody suggest where in mumbai can i go to fix this ....

I think the Disc motor needs to be replaced . OR anything that I can do to fix it ?

From my personal experience... if its still under warranty.. then hand it over to the authorised distributor/ service centre.... or else if factory setting is disturbed then the original quality may be impaired.

does marantz CD 6003 use standard Spindle motors attached on a platter ? Can i get it somewhere in the market .

Also let me know where in mumbai can i take the player for repair

I also have the same problem when I tried to play a burned(in EAC)copy of Infinite Arms in 6003.Again I burned another copy and lo n behold! It played perfectly.

So, don't worry if it's any cd specific.

got it repaired from MZ - authorised distributor in Mumbai in Feb end .

Its to do with the CD mechanism or one of the two IC's . In my case he replaced the IC's

Paid Rs 2500 for that .

for some days after that it still had the same problem with some cd's ...but i had no time to take it back ....so just kept playing it ....now it seems to be fine .

However there seems to be a difference in sound ...or maybe i am getting used to it ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back