Sub-woofer suggestion for current setup

Vijay_s

My Current music setup is as follows, Now i would like to add a sub-woofer to the same,
NORGE 1000
Wharfadele 9.1 pair.

As norge1000 does not have a sub-woofer out I would like to get one which I can connect speakers as well. My budget is 25000 and in future (as and when i can afford) I would like to expand my current setup to a home theater.

Can you please suggest me a good sub-woofer with approximate price.

My Current music setup is as follows, Now i would like to add a sub-woofer to the same,
NORGE 1000
Wharfadele 9.1 pair.

As norge1000 does not have a sub-woofer out I would like to get one which I can connect speakers as well. My budget is 25000 and in future (as and when i can afford) I would like to expand my current setup to a home theater.

wharfdale sw 250 would be a good idea and almost within your budget - BTW the SW250 gels well with your setup. Seen this in action multiple times.

NORGE 1000
Wharfadele 9.1 pair.

According to AVMax NOrge has a sub Norge NSW 100 <9K. Check it out.
But, If u are ready to spend 25K, why go for norge? Go for Wharfe 150 or other MNC sub which our friends sugest.

Hi ..... Since your is budget is 25K I am suggesting a very good subwoofer for which you have to stretch your budget a little bit.

Choose a Velodyne Impact 10 for 27K or Impact 12 for 31K. Its hard to find a sub in other brands which can outperform these Velodyne's at this price bracket.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Hi ..... Since your is budget is 25K I am suggesting a very good subwoofer for which you have to stretch your budget a little bit.

Choose a Velodyne Impact 10 for 27K or Impact 12 for 31K. Its hard to find a sub in other brands which can outperform these Velodyne's at this price bracket.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Do they have an outlet in bangalore?

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Yes you can. try the epos els sub. should cost around 30-31k. Impact is better for movies, but epos is good for music. impact 12 is 12" driver with 165 watts, while epos is 10" driver with 300w power.

25K on a sub for a setup like yours?????

I think you should spend half the amount on a sub. Something that won't cloud your music with too much power & bass (Unless that is what you really want). Agreed; even a sub at half the cost can cloud your music but then this is all you really need unless you want to bring down your neighbors house with a 25K sub woofer.

At the end of the day all you are looking at is that added touch on the low frequencies & a sub woofer at half the price or maybe less can do this for you.

The choice is yours mayte & there are a whole load of quality options.

The sub by Norge is a sweet deal but strictly for music purposes as it does not have much power to serve Home Theatre.

Last edited:

I think you should spend half the amount on a sub. Something that won't cloud your music with too much power & bass (Unless that is what you really want). Agreed; even a sub at half the cost can cloud your music but then this is all you really need unless you want to bring down your neighbors house with a 25K sub woofer..

Ok I am reducing the budget to 15000, Can anyoone suggest me a sub-woofer which can serve for movie and music?

Last edited:

I think you should spend half the amount on a sub. Something that won't cloud your music with too much power & bass (Unless that is what you really want). Agreed; even a sub at half the cost can cloud your music but then this is all you really need unless you want to bring down your neighbors house with a 25K sub woofer.

At the end of the day all you are looking at is that added touch on the low frequencies & a sub woofer at half the price or maybe less can do this for you.

The choice is yours mayte & there are a whole load of quality options.

The sub by Norge is a sweet deal but strictly for music purposes as it does not have much power to serve Home Theatre.

+1 to that. As you have norge+9.1 setup, why not save some money on sub so you can upgrade to 5.1 earlier? ( U will also have to buy a 5.1 Amp/Receiver, when u upgrade to 5.1 as Norge 1000 is a stereo amp). Some comparatively low budget Woofers are:

Polk PSW 110 <13K
Sonodyne Roarr 210 15K
Sonodyne Roarr 10
Wharfe 10+ Cube 18K

+1 to that. As you have norge+9.1 setup, why not save some money on sub so you can upgrade to 5.1 earlier? ( U will also have to buy a 5.1 Amp/Receiver, when u upgrade to 5.1 as Norge 1000 is a stereo amp). Some comparatively low budget Woofers are:

Polk PSW 110 <13K
Sonodyne Roarr 210 15K
Sonodyne Roarr 10
Wharfe 10+ Cube 18K

Thanks for the suggestion, In future I am planning to buy yamaha 665 and use this 9.1 speakers as my surround.

Thanks for the suggestion, In future I am planning to buy yamaha 665 and use this 9.1 speakers as my surround.

buy a wharfdale sub......sw150 for 18k. It will match the 9.1 tonally and if you upgrade to wharfdale 9.2/9.6 up fronts and especially Yamaha 663 - it will be a good match.

As someone else mentioned Velodyne Impact 12, way too much bang for the buck just at 30K ....5 star rated by WHF, amazing value for money, explosive for movies. what more can you ask for

On comparing Velodyne Impact (30K, any dealers in bangalore?) and Polk PRO 600 (27K final), which one is preferred? Is there any good one in this range? (Hope i am not hijacking this thread)

I recently went through phase of reviewing and buying a Sub. I listened to few highly discussed Subs in the forum and I finally ended up with PSB Subseries 5i. I felt the Polk boomy and and I dont like think kind.

I have listed below as per my liking priority:

• PSB SubSeries 5i
  • DefTech Pro Sub 1000
  • Velodyne VX10 & Impact-12
  • Wharfedale SW150 & SW250
  • Sonodyne Roar
  • Polk Audio DSW 500 & 600

Eventually it all depends on what kind of punch you like. What suits my ears might totally be distracting to someone else. So I suggest take your favorite song collection and couple movie clipings, listen/watch it on all the subs you shortlisted and then decide what you like.

Good luck with your research!!

I have listed below as per my liking priority:

• PSB SubSeries 5i
  • DefTech Pro Sub 1000
  • Velodyne VX10 & Impact-12
  • Wharfedale SW150 & SW250
  • Sonodyne Roar
  • Polk Audio DSW 500 & 600

Could you please mention the prices for the subs you mentioned?

Could you please mention the prices for the subs you mentioned?

• PSB SubSeries 5i : 29K
  • DefTech Pro Sub 1000 :30K
  • Velodyne VX10 & Impact-12 : 28K & 32K
  • Wharfedale SW150 & SW250 : 18K & 36K
  • Sonodyne Roar : 18K
  • Polk Audio DSW 500 & 600 : 25K & 30K

You can always bargain and get more discounts. Since you already have Wharfedale speakers try the same brand subs. They will surely go well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • PSB SubSeries 5i : 29K
  • DefTech Pro Sub 1000 :30K
  • Velodyne VX10 & Impact-12 : 28K & 32K
  • Wharfedale SW150 & SW250 : 18K & 36K
  • Sonodyne Roar : 18K
  • Polk Audio DSW 500 & 600 : 25K & 30K

You can always bargain and get more discounts. Since you already have Wharfedale speakers try the same brand subs. They will surely go well.

Hope this helps.

Where did u purchase the psb from. Did the dealer have any other models from psb, do u know other model rough price range.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back