Subwoofer -High Level To Low Level

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi All
I got 8 Inch Active JBL subwoofer Model No TLX CSS-SUB1.
Now unfortunatly it lacks Low Level ( RCA Type) inputs and only have speaker level Inputs

Now is there a way I can give low level signal or LFE signal coming from any AV receiver and get desired bass effect?

Or there is any DIY by opening plate amp?

It has got Speaker level Inputs /outputs and controls ( image attached)

Last edited:
How about setting your AVR for 5.0 with L and R running full-range and hooking the sub to the speaker out from L and R?

Thanks
But the idea is DVD audio is 6 tracks and .1 track ( track 6) is LFE or Bass for Sub
I do not want to fiddle with what is already done by recording artist :eek:hyeah: and do bass management again -if there is easy way out.

Thanks

Do you have a picture of the internals?

The sub will be converting to low level at some point internally, and it should be straightforward to do this in a few minutes.

You will need a drill and a RCA socket as well for the low-level connection. Maybe you should fit the socket, close to the current inputs, and then post a pic so we can tell you how to reroute it.

Sir I wanted some guidence from experts like you and other DIY experts!
Will post a picture of internals in day or two

Thanks

Sir I wanted some guidence from experts like you and other DIY experts!
Will post a picture of internals in day or two

Thanks

What he meens ,when you input High in,at some point it is converted to low level which is fed to Sub amp.@that point if we disconnect it & connect a RCA socket which may work like low level input.
This needs confirmed by experts .

I believe, speaker level into sub will result in more distortion than line level.
Just a point to ponder ...

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back