subwoofer not blending with home theater

Sure, could you post a link that explains the process clearly? I would love to be corrected. It would also help the OP integrate his 2 different subs.

MaSh
I agree with "liverpool_for_life". Try to learn REW and it capabilities. Aligning identical dual subs itself is difficult with out measurements, needed proper equipment (like minidsp 2x4hd) and proper knowledge. I faced lots of problems integrating dual PB 2000s along with single Rythmik FV15HP (spent hell of time, even tried a software tool Multi subwoofer optimizer). Finally I gave up and sold FV15HP and now getting two more PB 2000s.

I agree with "liverpool_for_life". Try to learn REW and it capabilities. Aligning identical dual subs itself is difficult with out measurements, needed proper equipment (like minidsp 2x4hd) and proper knowledge. I faced lots of problems integrating dual PB 2000s along with single Rythmik FV15HP (spent hell of time, even tried a software tool Multi subwoofer optimizer). Finally I gave up and sold FV15HP and now getting two more PB 2000s.

Without taking this thread OT, lets try and resolve OP's issue. He is not using mindsp or any other tool, apart from his receiver.

I agree with you though, proper knowledge and understanding is Key. Same with Rew. It can do only so much, the user needs to understand the measurements and take appropriate actions. Just generating the EQ and feeding into the minidsp is not perfect. Needs a bit of understanding.

I would stick to my theory of placing each sub in as perfect a spot as possible as a first step and then running the receiver's auto setup. I cannot believe that in case of multiple subs, they can just be placed anywhere and expect them to sound good. Just my opinion and a discussion probably for another thread.

@kunal kant , were you able to apply any of the suggestions from this thread to improve the bass response? Keep us updated with your progress.

MaSh

Last edited:
Without taking this thread OT, lets try and resolve OP's issue. He is not using mindsp or any other tool, apart from his receiver.

I agree with you though, proper knowledge and understanding is Key. Same with Rew. It can do only so much, the user needs to understand the measurements and take appropriate actions. Just generating the EQ and feeding into the minidsp is not perfect. Needs a bit of understanding.

I would stick to my theory of placing each sub in as perfect a spot as possible as a first step and then running the receiver's auto setup. I cannot believe that in case of multiple subs, they can just be placed anywhere and expect them to sound good. Just my opinion and a discussion probably for another thread.

@kunal kant , were you able to apply any of the suggestions from this thread to improve the bass response? Keep us updated with your progress.

MaSh
@kunal kant This can be applied however it will not help..

Ohh.. sold it..
how does different subs make things difficult to integrate... However yeah integrating 3 subs together is difficult and needs practice amd experience.
And why do you need 4 Subwoofers?

Ohh.. sold it..
how does different subs make things difficult to integrate... However yeah integrating 3 subs together is difficult and needs practice amd experience.
And why do you need 4 Subwoofers?
Gain and level matching is easy. Applying eq filters becomes difficult. What can I say, 15hp helped me learn how to tweek filters gain and Q. Why do I need 4 subs, I experienced 3 subs and now I want to experience 4 subs and get first hand knowledge on their behaviour in room rather than being told by someone or read some article.
By the way I am not chasing below 20hz(did experience in my room and didn't like them). I have high pass filter set at 16 hz with 48db octave slope.

Ported
Gain and level matching is easy. Applying eq filters becomes difficult. What can I say, 15hp helped me learn how to tweek filters gain and Q. Why do I need 4 subs, I experienced 3 subs and now I want to experience 4 subs and get first hand knowledge on their behaviour in room rather than being told by someone or read some article.
By the way I am not chasing below 20hz(did experience in my room and didn't like them). I have high pass filter set at 16 hz with 48db octave slope.
Ported subs make noise at tuning frequency that's why its difficult to like such bass.

Oh !!! u sold it.Of course I don't want to divert this thread.Please share your experience on that in minidsp thread below,so that it may be useful for those who are in similar situation/requirement.
I have seen in international forums ,people integrate 18" sub with a 12" sub too... even sealed and ported.Of coure it require more knowledge ,and one should know what they are doing...

Coming back to the thread , sub crawl may not work for 2 sub integration as the combined reponse of 2 subs will be different.
What I suggest OP is to gain match the subs first .
Since many don't have UMIK (if possible try to get it to run REW) .. Adjust the distance of subs individually ,one at a point and check the performance.Also if the sub has variable phase settings ,that too can be adjusted and tried.
Similarly try different possible placment of subs .

Oh !!! u sold it.Of course I don't want to divert this thread.Please share your experience on that in minidsp thread below,so that it may be useful for those who are in similar situation/requirement.
I have seen in international forums ,people integrate 18" sub with a 12" sub too... even sealed and ported.Of coure it require more knowledge ,and one should know what they are doing...

Coming back to the thread , sub crawl may not work for 2 sub integration as the combined reponse of 2 subs will be different.
What I suggest OP is to gain match the subs first .
Since many don't have UMIK (if possible try to get it to run REW) .. Adjust the distance of subs individually ,one at a point and check the performance.Also if the sub has variable phase settings ,that too can be adjusted and tried.
Similarly try different possible placment of subs .
Thank GOD. FV15HP is back with me now. I really missed it. Sale didn't go well. FV15HP DID blend beautifully in my set up (I don't need 4th sub) and thanks to minidsp 2x4HD. Minidsp&REW tools aren't simple to understand measurements, generate EQ and apply as mentioned by YouTube video of Steven. Need lots of patients, passion to learn, knowledge to understand the capabilities, ready to experiment and more important thing is how much time one can spend. Now, I am proud to say that I am almost close to professional with REW and minidsp. I would like to start a new thread on REW&minidsp2x4hd to explain their capabilities in simple words along with possible tips that I learned. The current beta version of REW has the capability of aligning sub and mains. Please don't ask questions here, reserve your questions and comments for the to be started thread.

If I were to redo my setup I would let go dual 2000s in favour of dual FV15HPs (that will be 3 15hps). Even with price hike I still feel Rythmik is superior to SVS in sound quality but can't comment on resale value. FYI, who don't know FV15HP, it's equivalent of SVS PB 4000.

Good u have the Rhythmik with u.
Yes I have seen that type of alignment video on other YouTube channel.Its only available in beta version I think.I never tried that.
Soon share ur experience which will open the possibility of more knowledge on using minidsp

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back