Subwoofer Problem.. Cutting in and out

ankitm

Hello All,

I have a problem with my 5.1 HT and am not understanding much as I do not understand the technicalities much.. Anyways my current setup is as follows:

Yamaha HTR 3067 Amplifier
Taga Harmony 606 SE 5.0 speaker set
Taga Harmony TSW 120 ver. 2

Now coming to the problem. My subwoofer has been cutting in and out very frequently. I am not sure if I have some setting wrong or the amplifier is failing to supply enough power am just not sure.. I have the subwoofer volume only set to 2 knots above 0 where it works about 80% of times continuously. If i increase the volume higher then that it starts cutting off. Am not happy with the current sub volume right nw.

Any suggestion will be helpful. If any more details needed i can provide.

thanks

Hello All,

I have a problem with my 5.1 HT and am not understanding much as I do not understand the technicalities much.. Anyways my current setup is as follows:

Now coming to the problem. My subwoofer has been cutting in and out very frequently. I am not sure if I have some setting wrong or the amplifier is failing to supply enough power am just not sure.. I have the subwoofer volume only set to 2 knots above 0 where it works about 80% of times continuously. If i increase the volume higher then that it starts cutting off. Am not happy with the current sub volume right nw.

thanks
Did you tried changing the RCA cable? And also run the yamaha audio keping woofer volume at 50% and phase to 0 deg (like Audessy)

Hello All,

thanks
Your Subwoofer is running out of its SPL capacity..

Did you tried changing the RCA cable? And also run the yamaha audio keping woofer volume at 50% and phase to 0 deg (like Audessy)

Am using a new cable from Amazon basic 1 male to 2 male rca cable

also volume is at only 20 % anything above that and it starts cutting off.. phase is set at 0 already

sorry i dont know what this means.. I do not understand the technicalities much as am new to this... What can I do to fix this?
If you need more output.. You need more powerful subwoofer
When you exceed its capacity it will turn off to save itself.

If you need more output.. You need more powerful subwoofer
When you exceed its capacity it will turn off to save itself.

but i have kept the volume only at 20% which i dont think will it be its capacity.. it just makes a sound cuts off with the power light blinking and starts working when it stops blinking until it shuts off again with the sound.. its quite annoying while watching a movie

Am using a new cable from Amazon basic 1 male to 2 male rca cable

also volume is at only 20 % anything above that and it starts cutting off.. phase is set at 0 already
Amazon basic cable might be the issue. Many users have reported issues with amazon basic and blue rigger cables in the reviews. Again I can't say for certain if its the cable issue.

but i have kept the volume only at 20% which i dont think will it be its capacity.. it just makes a sound cuts off with the power light blinking and starts working when it stops blinking until it shuts off again with the sound.. its quite annoying while watching a movie

Looks like the sub amp might be defective. If bought new then try replacing or try to contact manufacturer. They will provide you the best solution.

The original cable that came with the sub, my dog chew it off.. So bought the amazon basics cable about a year or so back..
My sub is about 2 years old now.. u think I should take the sub and amplifier both to service and have them look at it??

Anyways my Yamaha amp is having some minor issues with buttons on the receiver going beserk and not functioning the way they are supposed to... Although remote functioning is fine

Changed the cable.. Found my YPAO mic and ran the setup..

Sat with the sub for about an hr and now I somehow like the output.. seems to have improved with setting tweaks.. I will be taking some more time listening n see if it gets better tomorrow..

Also have another question.. If I do not want to use the sub pre out and want to use the high input points on the sub does that usually produce better overall sound?

So If I plan to do the above I use the front left and right avr outputs onto the sub high input where would I plug the front left and right speakers?? *noob question maybe*

I just connected my amp to the high input on my sub and i was blown away with the massive improvement i got via this.. Am mostly using for movies and now i love how my HT sounds in sync with my sub.. Thanks a lot :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back