subwoofer recommendation around 1L max

hi FM's

suggest a subwoofer for my home theatre.

my considerations

1, REL acoustics HT/1205
2, Rythmik L12
3, XTZ 12.17
I have an used LV12F for sale. Let me know if interested.I used 12.17 before and the LV12F is much better and i am not telling this for just boosting my sales. The L12 is the sealed version and will have less spl. Out of these three the LV12F will be a much better choice for HT.If you want to stick with the listed subs then my vote would be 12.17 if ported and 1205 if going sealed.

I have an used LV12F for sale. Let me know if interested.I used 12.17 before and the LV12F is much better and i am not telling this for just boosting my sales. The L12 is the sealed version and will have less spl. Out of these three the LV12F will be a much better choice for HT.If you want to stick with the listed subs then my vote would be 12.17 if ported and 1205 if going sealed.
Thank you for your response . From many youtube reviews I see that REL 1205 is faster and better for music as well. but i didn't audition any of the mentioned subwoofers so i don't know . how they all perform . Anyway, thanks for your offer. I will keep this offer in mind .

Thank you for your response . From many youtube reviews I see that REL 1205 is faster and better for music as well. but i didn't audition any of the mentioned subwoofers so i don't know . how they all perform . Anyway, thanks for your offer. I will keep this offer in mind .
If music definitely the 1205 is the better choice but you mentioned home theatre. I have auditioned L12,xtz12.17 and Rel HT1205 at the same room and set up at dealers place. It was not calibrated but just plug and play. The 12.17 was the best for HT as it had solid performance till 19hz. Used xtz 12.17 before LV12F. Both calibrated in my HT and I can easily say the LV12F is the best.I even went dual LV12F after liking one LV12F over dual xtz . You seem to be leaning towards the 1205 so go with it at as it has good user feedback. Check with 1205,12.17 and LV12F users and get their feedback before making your final decision

Last edited:
I had searched for LV12F a few months back but since stock was not available, went for the 12.17. I haven't heard the LV12F but I have never regretted going for 12.17. I use it mostly for HT purpose since by Zensor 7s are sufficient for music. 12.17 goes very deep without distortion. Must say it is one of the underrated subs.

Actually its the other way around, SVS now in India is over priced & so hyped. Have you even heard or demoed a Rel sub? If so which one?
I am used HT1003 model for few days and heard 7i also. They are good for music in small sized rooms and BIC PL200 II much more than this models for movies.

Even rythmik and svs are overpriced. Past 2 years most of the brands have had massive price hikes. We have no other option but to spend the extra amount.
Rythmik pricing is reasonable before recent price hike, at that time they are offered 25% discount for limited time. We can get good discount on SVS from some dealers.

hi FM's

suggest a subwoofer for my home theatre.

my considerations

1, REL acoustics HT/1205
2, Rythmik L12
3, XTZ 12.17
All three are very good, and your considerations show that you have done your research.
Unfortunately, as of today, only the 12.17 will deliver bang for your buck at today's prices. Tomorrow, even that could become untrue. :(

The way dealers have jacked up prices on any component today is just beyond believable.

I really wish they scan this forum for the right reasons (and stock some niche products at reasonable prices) rather than for what product invites how much interest.

But then, market....

REL is overrated and overpriced in my opinion. Go with Rythmik FVX12 or SVS PB2000pro for both music and movies.
Overpriced, for sure! Overrated? That's open for debate. My REL is better than my Rythmik for music. And the Rythmik costs more than twice my REL (even after 25% discount on Rythmik). Just saying. 😊

Overpriced, for sure! Overrated? That's open for debate. My REL is better than my Rythmik for music. And the Rythmik costs more than twice my REL (even after 25% discount on Rythmik). Just saying. 😊
As I said it's good for music and it's my personal opinion in under 1 Lakh category. They are not VFM subs and I didn't like at that pricing for movies.

As I said it's good for music and it's my personal opinion in under 1 Lakh category. They are not VFM subs and I didn't like at that pricing for movies.
They are definitely not VFM any longer.

REL only if you're fanatical about blending above all else.

Or if you can find a deal. At the prices i got my RELs for, the Rythmik/SVS/XTZ mentioned above were hugely overpriced relatively (even at their previous prices). 😁

Btw, can anybody explain how 1.66L for the PB2000 Pro and 1.4L for the XTZ 12.17 are VFM (online prices), especially when both subs were selling for around half price a couple of years back?

They are definitely not VFM any longer.

REL only if you're fanatical about blending above all else.

Or if you can find a deal. At the prices i got my RELs for, the Rythmik/SVS/XTZ mentioned above were hugely overpriced relatively (even at their previous prices). 😁

Btw, can anybody explain how 1.66L for the PB2000 Pro and 1.4L for the XTZ 12.17 are VFM (online prices), especially when both subs were selling for around half price a couple of years back?
PB2000 pro MRP around 90k couple of years ago?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back