Subwoofer to pair with Jamo S 426 HCS 3 WENGE

kuduku

Hi
I have Jamo S 426 HCS 3 WENGE 5 . I am looking for a subwoofer to pair with the 5 speakers
I would prefer amazon.com or GEB keeping the weight in mind .
I am a noob in audio systems so wanted advise
How are these woofers and will they pair fine with the speakers . Subwoofer should be able to drive them correctly
Usage - 90% HD movies with HD player/ HD STB and 10% music flacs
I am ready to wait for a good deal I will subsequently add receiver to the setup or might even add it before the subwoofer depending on available deals

Amazon.com
BIC RTR Series RTR-12S Amazon.com: BIC RTR Series RTR-12S 12-Inch 200-Watt Front-Firing Subwoofer: Electronics
MartinLogan Dynamo 300 Amazon.com: MartinLogan Dynamo 300 Home Theater and Stereo Subwoofer: Electronics
Jamo-SUB-210 Amazon.com: Jamo SUB 210 Subwoofer: Electronics

GEB
Bic F12 BIC
Bic Venturi V1020

Request to grade the best subwoofer for the Jamo or any other which I have missed and will not like to extend my budget above these

Receiver
How is ?
Harman Kardon AVR 1565
or
Onkyo TX-NR509 18k from US

I have a simultaneous Dual band home WIFI network where 2.4 Ghz is for internet and 5 Ghz for HD streaming with gigabit Ethernet . Will like to use networking in receiver if possible . Dont use youtube or HD streaming from internet

Last edited:
Which receiver from these two ? Both are US models
HK AVR 1565 for 21/22k
or
Onkyo TX-NR 515 refurb for 21k

Out of your sub models I do not have ezxperiance of any. But avr would be definitely nr515 since you are a movie man

Ordered Onkyo TX-NR 515 using ishop . If HK is a better option please tell , can still change the order
Sub also finalized will be taking BIC F12
Will upgrade the speakers after 6 odd months . These came at a real steal price so took them

My future/intended setup
HDTV Samsung Plasma/LED in Jan 2013 as know somebody in samsung who is giving me 25% employee discount coupon on dealer price . Pick up from NCR only Budget 50k . Bigger the better .
Recommendations are welcome , options UA46EH5000 ......
Speakers Add 2/3 more channels to Jamo for 7.2 setup . Jamo towers should be okay as are re-branded Energy . So recommendations are welcome for adding 2 more channels
Receiver Ordered Onkyo 515
Sub Woofer Will be buying BIC F12 or comparable
Speaker wire Ordered RCA AH16100SN 100 Ft. 16-Gauge Speaker Wire Amazon.com: RCA AH16100SN 100 Ft. 16-Gauge Speaker Wire: Electronics
HD player already have
Router Already have Simultaneous dual band ddwrt WIFI router with 2 usb ports for HD streaming
STB Already have Airtel HD STB
any thing left ?
Purchases will spread out so can improve upon also
Sell out my existing Samsung 5.1 HT setup

Last edited:
Update
Onkyo receiver order was cancelled
Finally purchased Pioneer VSX-1022-K for - 20026
Jamo S 426 HCS 3 WENGE 5 - 7887
RCA AH16100SN 100 Ft. 16-Gauge Speaker Wire - 790
Now only HD TV , subwoofer and 2 more speakers to make it complete 7.1 setup . Will complete the setup by buying every month . TV have set eyes on Samsung 51E550 or 50UT50

The Pioneer VSX-1022-K being a US model is 110v so i will require a stepdown ?

@kuduku

Where did you got the Jamo S426 for Rs. 7887/-?
Whether through the eBay GEB or any other way?

@kuduku

Where did you got the Jamo S426 for Rs. 7887/-?
Whether through the eBay GEB or any other way?
Amazon , free shipping . I had some major issues so they waived off the shipping . When i purchased them , they were at lowest ever $107/110 , i dont remember the exact price . But Indian rupee i paid was 7887

That was a steal deal like any thing. Even I didn't dare to buy coz of huge shipping costs. You are lucky. :)

I read in amazon review that these are 6 Ohms and the same has to be configured accordingly in the AVR as well.

Siva

That was a steal deal like any thing. Even I didn't dare to buy coz of huge shipping costs. You are lucky. :)

I read in amazon review that these are 6 Ohms and the same has to be configured accordingly in the AVR as well.

Siva
never knew that , thanks for telling it . So how do i do that in PIONEER VSX-1022-K . I dont have it in my hand at the moment

@kuduku, you are one lucky man.

I was eying the Jamo S426 HCS3 to buy through Amazon. When I got a quote of 23K from Ishopinternational, I don't want to purchase it. Since, the same speakers are priced at Rs. 20k in Reliance Digital, its worthless to get it from Amazon. I will be more interested if I can get the speakers at 8K-12K (the same price as you got it).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back