Subwoofer to stereo amp without pre-out

Yes true, and that seems a very very big headache..just imagine buddy you would need to adjust the sub volume every time you increase or decrease the amp volume..:D
what i guess, you are more tend towards quantity not quality. Better you buy an AVR in your budget and then add a sub.
I am sure you would be happier this way

"quality is not really a compromise I need to do for quantity I guess" :)

Actually only problem is my budget :(

Else I could have easily brought an amp with a pre out and relaxed :) But the whole starting point of this thread is to use sub with an amp without a pre-out as many ppl want to know how to do this ( I did receive PM on this :) )

Thanks for all your help :)

I got your point, just out of crusity am asking you this..Have your ever listened to a dedicated stereo amplifier along with a subwoofer ? if yes, did you get impress with the bass quality (not quantity) ?

No I never heard of it :(

Whay will it be not good?

I just needed the sub to add that extra bass when watching movies and listening to heavy bass tracks :)

Please suggest bookshelf with best bass and obviously clarity within 15k :(

Please suggest bookshelf with best bass and obviously clarity within 15k :(

Dear huntedhunter,
Best bass is not the right terminology to be used with music equipments, nothing is best in the industry..everyone has got deferent tastes, someone may like extra bass which may not be real and someone may like real whether its deep or light.
its all about personal choice.
I would strongly recommend you to go and have plenty of auditions with your own CDs, do have some stereo auditions of deferent AVRs with bookselfs in your budget, also with subwoofer then it would be easier for you to decide the system.
You would end up with nothing in hand here asking merely for setups and sound quality. Trust your own ears and go ahead.

cheers

Simple. Just use a 'Y' splitter in the pre amp out. One would go to the power section of the amp and the other would go to your sub woofer . Thats it. The 'Y' splitter costs about Rs 20 and will not influence the sound in way

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back