Suggest 5.1 Speaker set for Denon 1610

saurabh81

Suggest Floor standers for Denon 1610

Thanks to all for helping me decide to buy Denon 1610.:signthankspin:
Now I have to choose floor standers for it.
Budget is 15 K. (Total 35 K for 5.1).
Room size is 12'X15'
Usage will be Movie Music 50-50

I have shortlisted a few models in my range.

Mission M33 (~ 13K)
Mission M34i (~16K)
Jamo S 406 (26K for 5.1 Speakers)
Yamaha NS 8390 (~8K)
Onkyo SKS 4700 (~9K)
MS 904i (I read some where it cost aroun 15K in Grey market. How much it will cost in Bangalore (bill and grey) and where can i find it (show room and grey)??)

Suggest good options in this range:sos:.

:signthankspin:

Last edited:
Now I have to choose the 5.1 speaker set (including 2 floor standers) for my Denon 1610.

Congrats saurabh81, Can you tell us the price and from where.

Have a nice movie time.

Thanks
Gap G J

After going thru virtually every relevent post, i found that the following 3 are better choice for my requirements and one additional choice if i increase my budget.

Mission M33i
MS 904i
Jamo S 406

Mission M34i

I have a few queries:

1) Technically: Mission M33i has one 165mm speaker and produces 100W while M34i has 2 165mm speaker and produces 150W.
With Denon 1610 providing only 75W @ 8 Ohm will M34i be louder than M33i?
Or what is the difference between M33i and M34i?

2) What is the price of Mission M33i/ M34i and MS 904i in bangalore (bill and Grey) and where can i find these (Dealer and Grey)?

3) I did not find any one praising (in forum or in reviews) Jamo S 406. While Mission M33i and MS 904i are much talked about. Jamo S406 has 2 165mm speakers and its power rating is 120W (max) is it not worth considering?

After going thru virtually every relevent post, i found that the following 3 are better choice for my requirements and one additional choice if i increase my budget.

Mission M33i
MS 904i
Jamo S 406

Mission M34i

I have a few queries:

1) Technically: Mission M33i has one 165mm speaker and produces 100W while M34i has 2 165mm speaker and produces 150W.
With Denon 1610 providing only 75W @ 8 Ohm will M34i be louder than M33i?
Or what is the difference between M33i and M34i?

2) What is the price of Mission M33i/ M34i and MS 904i in bangalore (bill and Grey) and where can i find these (Dealer and Grey)?

3) I did not find any one praising (in forum or in reviews) Jamo S 406. While Mission M33i and MS 904i are much talked about. Jamo S406 has 2 165mm speakers and its power rating is 120W (max) is it not worth considering?

Hi,

The Mission 34i goes well with the Denon, I've demoed this combo in my friends place....... and I myself picked up the Denon 2310 and Mission Mv8 just recently. The dealer for Mission in B'lore is MUSIC RANCH Jayanagar 4th blk, and I guess he giving the M34i for 18K...... may be you can bargain it for 15K and settle it for 16K.

cheers

Hi,

The Mission 34i goes well with the Denon, I've demoed this combo in my friends place....... and I myself picked up the Denon 2310 and Mission Mv8 just recently. The dealer for Mission in B'lore is MUSIC RANCH Jayanagar 4th blk, and I guess he giving the M34i for 18K...... may be you can bargain it for 15K and settle it for 16K.

cheers

Thanks Aneelr,

I'll check at music ranch...

Can anyone give some input regarding my power matching of AVR and Speaker query?

Denon 1610 is 75W RMS @ 8 Ohms, which speaker will be better for it: Mission 33i (100 W) or Mission 34i (150 W).
Should i spend the extra buck on M34i for extra 50W which my AVR can't use?

I searched "Power Matching" topic, but the answer is not clear as different thoughts are given for it:
1. Use over power AVR to protect AVR. (I cant find floorstanders <75w)
2. Use over power Speakers to protect Speakers. (How much over power, 100w and 150 w both are over power for 75W AVR)
3. Match AVR and Speakers as close as possible with high sensitivity speakers to extract the maximum juice out of both. (M33i is close in power matching but low in sensitivity while M34i is higher in sensitivity but not in power matching)?

Please help, I am getting confused.

I want to get the best out of my AVR, speakers and Money.

Last edited:
Re: Suggest Floor standers for Denon 1610

Room size is 12'X15'

On a different note, given the room size, it might be better to get good BSs rather than going for FSs. You will always most likely get good quality BSs compared to the FSs in the same budget. Consider/audition Wharfedale 9.2/10.2/PSB B1 etc. and take a call. If you could stretch the budget a bit, Ushers are also an option.

FSs typically need be placed away from the walls (behind and beside).

Room size is 12'X15'

I have shortlisted a few models in my range.

Mission M33 (~ 13K)
Mission M34i (~16K)
Jamo S 406 (26K for 5.1 Speakers)
Yamaha NS 8390 (~8K)
Onkyo SKS 4700 (~9K)
MS 904i (I read some where it cost aroun 15K in Grey market. How much it will cost in Bangalore (bill and grey) and where can i find it (show room and grey)??)

Suggest good options in this range:sos:.

Well i believe you can go for M34i they are good and should sound great with denon.

For MS you can get in touch with Palani at
Audio Planet
Audio Planet 703/4, 6th B Cross, 3rd Block, Koramangala 25523126,25521266

On a different note, given the room size, it might be better to get good BSs rather than going for FSs. You will always most likely get good quality BSs compared to the FSs in the same budget. Consider/audition Wharfedale 9.2/10.2/PSB B1 etc. and take a call. If you could stretch the budget a bit, Ushers are also an option.

FSs typically need be placed away from the walls (behind and beside).
Thanks SKumar,
My Room Size is 12'x15', I use one wall (15' diagonal) as screen for projecting movie.
I am looking for Floor Standers so that they can complement the size of the screen, room and room arrangement.

Because of the budget, i was looking for Floor standers which are similar to its BS vrsion e.g. Mission M33i is similar to it BS version M32i similarly MS 904i is similar to MS 902i.

I think, I can use the BS for surround.

I'll visit Audio Planet for MS and Mucic Ranch for Mission...
Are there any other dealers in Bangalore with better prices???

Hi Guys,
So I have decided for Mission M34i for floor standers.
For Subwoofer i have a budget of <15K and have shortlisted:
Polk PSW 110

The other option I have is Sonodyne Roarr.
Is Polk 110 the best in this range or is there any other better option???

Hi Guys,
So I have decided for Mission M34i for floor standers.
For Subwoofer i have a budget of <15K and have shortlisted:
Polk PSW 110

The other option I have is Sonodyne Roarr.
Is Polk 110 the best in this range or is there any other better option???

Even I'm looking for an answer for this. Can someone please please through some light. No one answers any question on Sonodyne:sad:
Saurabh, I presume you've got your sub already. So which one you've added?

Even I'm looking for an answer for this. Can someone please please through some light. No one answers any question on Sonodyne:sad:
Saurabh, I presume you've got your sub already. So which one you've added?

hello dear all,

plz read through the links below, which i think is sufficient to know that Sonodyne subwoofer is good enough to buy without much worry.

http://www.hifivision.com/introductions/2630-any-views-sonodyne-speakers.html

Read the #6 post by Kvish in the link below, who have personally demoed both sonodyne and polk brands subwoofers

Budget Subwoofer(<12k) for Home theater - Team-BHP

Hey Thanks Mandeep, that thread was in Intro section and that's why it never came up in my search(never tried searching there he he).

Anyway, have a small announcement to make. Booked a Wharfedale SW150 today for 17.6k :yahoo:. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be getting it by Monday/Tuesday. I hope that it was a good decision as I've read rave reviews about this sub. Only small nitpick is that this Sub goes down only till 35Hz, but does any other sub in this price range goes lower? Or do I need to bother much about the 20-35hz range?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back