suggest a separate components based system

surinder1508

Hello guys,
I'm looking to build a separate components based home theater system around 60K to compliment 42" full HD LCD & blue ray player. Amount is reserved for seven speakers one sub woofer and a AV receiver which should be capable to decode dolby true HD and DTS HD. Sorry for editing.

Last edited:
For that budget,you can get Onk HTS-6200, Denon HTS-390.
When you say comp based,then budget is low.

Say AVR Denon 1609- 30k, Onk607-38k
Spk pack Q-acoustic 1010i around 55k+

Well, it will definitely help if you could go thru some of the recent threads on HTIBs or component setups in this budget. Going separates is a good way to do it (relative to HTIB) and your budget also will point in that direction.
- Consider 5.1 rather than 7.1, based on the content available currently
- If you think you can afford to spend more in future, go for AVR+2.0/3.0 now and add the rest to complete 5.1 as and when you have the dough.

Yamaha 663 (~32k) will be a good investment and you could audition QA/Wharfies/Mission etc speakers.

Your budget can only fetch you a mediocre system. Why are you looking for 7.1 vs say 5.1? Do you have a bluray player?

Hello guys,
I'm looking to build a separate components based home theater system around 60K to compliment 42" full HD LCD & blue ray player. Amount is reserved for seven speakers one sub woofer and a AV receiver which should be capable to decode dolby true HD and DTS HD.

or tell me if ONKYO HT-S9100THX is a good choice plus is it available in India and for how much .
Here is the link of that in us costs now only 820 USD. Here is the link.

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S9100THX 7.1 Channel Receiver and Speaker Package: Electronics

or let me know if there is any better HTib in India.

The point is what can be best purchased around 60K?

OK guys I shell surrender my stretched budget of one lakh for an AV receiver plus 5.1 channel setup for now if nothing serious can be achieved in 7.1 channel setup in this budget and shell add up other two channels latter but my total setup will go up to 7.1 channel so AV receiver should be capable for that along with video upscale feature.

My uses pattern on completed setup will be like 70% DVD/Blue ray video, 20% music, 10% computer gaming (although I own logitech Z5500 plus Creative X-FI XTREME GAMER for gaming).

please suggest.

Last edited:
OK guys I shortlisted these components
sub woofer

Polk audio DSW PRO 600
or
velodyne Impact 12
or
SVS SB 12-PLUS

AVR

Yamaha RX V765
or
Yamaha RX V663
or
Onkyo TX-SR606

First of all help me to decide best suited models among these for my uses mentioned above.

Then suggest me front floor standers,center and surround or rear (don't know what these should be called) to complete my 5.1 channel home theater system for know (Other two speakers will be added later for making up it as 7.1 channel setup).

My total budget is know 1.2 lakh for the sake of quality audio and video but can't be stretched at all more then that.:sad:

PM-: I own LG Scarlett 2 42" LCD which is 1080p. So upscaling videos up to 1080P feature in AVR will be welcome.

Last edited:
Valodyne subs are always better,so impact12 will be beter.
AVR can be 663 (without vid upscaler), if need better than 763/863 are better.Think of those too.

For the AVR if you are looking at video upscaling consider the Denon 1910 at 45k which should serve both upscaling and music. The other option would be Yamaha 863 which should be at around 48k.

If upscaling is primarily for DVD then look at an upscaling DVD with a non upscaling AVR like the Yamaha 663 which would be around 33k and use the money for your speakers and subs.

Do not shortlist the sub till you decide on the speakers as it will help you balance the budget.

663 would be a better choice for u as It handles music well. U don't need upscaling facilty in AVR as ur Blu-Ray can do it.

FS can be Wharfe 10.4, Avant906i with matching Cetre+Surround.

OR Onk606+Klipsh combo will also do fine.

Well so I think it can be like that

Sub woofer = velodyne Impact 12 @27K

AVR = Yamaha RX V663 (If it is best in audio and video in its price range) :confused:

As you guys suggested video up scaling can be done by DVD/BR players so no point spending more for that particular feature.

Know please suggest the rest of five channels under 60K.

In around the same budget, am looking at the following options :

Denon AVR-1910 Rs.45,000/-
Polk Audio RTi A1 (Bookshelves as fronts) Rs.16,000/pair
Polk Audio RM 705 5.1 Satellite Speaker Package Rs.25,000/-
Total Rs.86,000

If you want to spend more :
Denon AVR-1910 Rs.45,000/-
Polk Audio RTi A1 (Bookshelves as fronts) Rs.16,000/pair
Polk CSi A4 2-Way 3 Speaker Bass Reflex Centre Rs.14,000/unit
Polk PSW 110 200 W sub Rs.13,000/unit
Polk FXi A4 2-Way 3 Speaker Bipole/Dipole Surrounds Rs.21,000/pair
Total Rs 1.09 lacs.

Am sure price can be beaten down at least 10-15k.

If you want to spend less, and keep it simple :
Denon AVR-1610 Surround Receiver Rs.29,900/-
Pol RM 705 5.1 Satellite Speaker Package Rs.25,000/-
Total Rs.54,900
Can get for ~ Rs50k.

What about Mordaunt Short Avant 902i @12.5K for front L R if they are powerful and great in sound as well. Or should I go for
Mordaunt Short Avant 906i @ 28K at least or anything else.

My main objective is to achieve best possible set of five speakers (most powerful possible with no compromise on quality) under 60K as sub and AVR are already finalized.

I don't wanna pay any premium for Looks,shapes,sizes,brand names as amount should go only for quality sound.But yes the whole setup should compliment each other well.

So please suggest me for front,center and rear speakers under total 60K.

No reply for so long :sad: I'm satteled with these

Sub woofer = velodyne Impact 12 @27K APX

AVR = Yamaha RX V663 @35K APX

Now let me know best other five channels combo to compliment them under 60K reserved for those five channels.My main objective is to achieve best possible set of five speakers (most powerful possible with no compromise on quality.

Last edited:
Now let me know best other five channels combo to compliment them under 60K reserved for those five channels.My main objective is to achieve best possible set of five speakers (most powerful possible with no compromise on quality.

You can try Qacoustics [around 50K]. You can also go for wharfedale 9.5 floorstanders[ 25k??] and wharfedale center and surround speakers. These will come within your budget.

You can also audition Mission, psb alpha too and decide. 60K is good amount for 5 speaker package. Audition and decide.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back