Suggest Av receiver for Tag 606 v3

harman90

Hi,
I will be using HT for movies as well as music (50:50)
Earlier i was planning on buying yamaha 1840 which would have costed me around 42k(including sub) .
After reading several threads, I have concluded to better go with Taga 606 v3 (23K on amazon) .
SO my questions are
1. Is there any noticeable difference between TAV 506 (20K) / tav 606v3/ tav 606SE (30K).
2. Please suggest me budget Av receiver between 25k-30K to go along with it. (Bluetooth preferred.)
3. Also I want to setup Dolby atmos setup in future, in that scenario, which budget receiver would you suggest.

thanks in advance.

Hi,
I will be using HT for movies as well as music (50:50)
Earlier i was planning on buying yamaha 1840 which would have costed me around 42k(including sub) .
After reading several threads, I have concluded to better go with Taga 606 v3 (23K on amazon) .
SO my questions are
1. Is there any noticeable difference between TAV 506 (20K) / tav 606v3/ tav 606SE (30K).
2. Please suggest me budget Av receiver between 25k-30K to go along with it. (Bluetooth preferred.)
3. Also I want to setup Dolby atmos setup in future, in that scenario, which budget receiver would you suggest.

thanks in advance.
Check the link below and PM to OP @gokuljawahar to get clear idea about his setup.
Btw Atmos will not be available in your budget.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/pioneer-vsx-531-and-taga-harmony-606-se.68766/post-756195

There might be some differences in the drivers used, but not very sure if there would be audible difference in 2 ~ 3K INR.. So pick the model which you like..

I suppose you mean 5.1.2 set-up.. It is almost next to impossible to get an Atmos capable AVR in 25~30 K budget, until & otherwise you take OLX route..

But a 5.1 AVR is possible.. I would suggest you to get a 5.1 AVR and a 5.0 speaker package and enjoy your experience.. When you have enough budget, you can add subwoofer & finally upgrade to an Atmos AVR..

Presently I am looking for 5.1 AVR. So please suggest me according to that. I am considering Dolby atmos for future.

Depending on your budget, you can get a decent 5.1 AVR...if you are not too concerned with Atmos etc at this point, you could look at older flagship models of Marantz or Denon or Yamaha which will go well with your speakers...

Audition and decide

The best way is to go by pre-owned route. You will get decent mid range receiver in your budget. Keep an eye on classified section. Recently Onkyo was 600 series avr was on offer. Please check .... Same for speakers. Later on add one by one as budget permit...but at the end you will have system which you can enjoy for longer time.

Taga 606 SE towers have better sensitivity and lowend upto 36hz.But l found they lacked serious bass punch.With subwoofer,these are great vfm.Any AVR can drive them and no issue with matching too.

Taga 606 SE towers have better sensitivity and lowend upto 36hz.But l found they lacked serious bass punch.With subwoofer,these are great vfm.Any AVR can drive them and no issue with matching too.
what i understand by it is, I could get more sound at lower volume ? is it correct ?
It is worth paying extra 6-7K for it ?

more sound at lower volume ? is it correct ?
No.you are wrong.
For eg :Check the sensitivity for klipsch RP - 280F .image attached below .which has more sensitivity 98db and it is easy to drive.Dont check for the pricing ;):cool: $$$$$
Normal scenario we can prefer 89 - 90db itself an efficient speakers.
@spirovious pointing out as Low frequency response performance ( it means bass effect)

PS : Dont compare Taga and klipsch

IMG_20180629_204040.jpg

okay !!
taga SE floorstanding - Frequency Response: 40Hz-25KHz
taga V3 floorstanding - Frequency Response: 36Hz-25KHz

Is this small difference worth spending 7K ?

okay !!
taga SE floorstanding - Frequency Response: 40Hz-25KHz
taga V3 floorstanding - Frequency Response: 36Hz-25KHz

Is this small difference worth spending 7K ?
Again it is subjective and big topic. IMO yes if you are planning to use without subwoofer
If you are not critical listener/Audio phile/Stereo freak/just entering in AVR world and your movie preference is more than Audio ? then my answer would be NO.
Eg : in Stereo listening mode selection where your FL and FR only active.

PS :Finally your ear and budget decides everthing

TagaTav606SE has bigger magnets compared to V2 and other models. They sound good, and value for money. They can be easily driven. For example, .... a very very basic avr from Yamaha yht196 also drove them without any problem.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back