Suggest Compact System for Bedroom

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 & 12.2 Speakers

anuragn

Pl suggest a compact audio system for bedroom use.

Usage: 80% FM, 20% mp3 (CD/ USB)

Budget: Strictly below 10K
Required features:
1. FM
2. CD
3. Remote
4. USB
5. Cassette deck (no harm if present)

I have seen Phllips MCD-396 having all of above features and it looks (sounds) good.
Any suggestions guys?

iaudio

Required features:
1. FM
2. CD
3. Remote
4. USB

I have seen Phllips MCD-396 having all of above features and it looks (sounds) good.
Any suggestions guys?

Anurag, I have checked out this model, though it meets all your requirements, the sound quality is a little poor. Please try other products in the same bracket too before you make a decision.
you can also try lg dv 388+ altec lansing mx5021 for the same budget.

Upvote 0

psychotropic

If you really want sound quality, and if you already have an ipod / MP3 player, just get a pair of audioengine 2 powered speakers. There's nothing at that price range (Rs. 10k) that comes even close to the quality of these babies. I am an owner myself, and every time i try out a new CD on it, it delights me more.

Upvote 0

mridulgoel

Banned
Banned

Required features:
1. FM
2. CD
3. Remote
4. USB

Any suggestions guys?

hey buddy

as psyco said
audioengine will be good choice...
or else if u want stereo only..
then go in for a pair of Hercules Speakers and get a decent budget player, which has all the features u want...
tht shud do good too..

anyways, whn u r just lookin in for FM music, i think multimedia should do, but yes dont get ur hands onto Creative, Intex kind of shits...
or if you dont want a sub, then go in Klipsch Multimedia speakers.. they are Rs.9500, but, the source will be extra..say for Rs.2-3K aprox..

Upvote 0

anuragn

Thank you all.
My primary usage would be FM, with ocassional mp3, so powered speakers won't do for me. I need a proper digital FM tuner with preset memory, not the FM found on mp3 players.
It seems like all big players a phasing out microsystems and focussing more on HT market. The micro systems from Sony nowadays are just pathetic.
Actually I had a Sony system (a decent one) with digital tuner & twin cassette deck, bought way back in 1997. It conked off recently, hence looking for a replacement.
Onkyo CS-315 was looking good to me (when I saw it a few months ago), but was a little off my budget and also, its no more available.

Upvote 0

saikat74

I've got an Audioengine A2B hooked on to my iPOD for my bedroom.

Simple connections, Excellent sound, Discreet & a great looker!

Upvote 0

mridulgoel

Banned
Banned
Thank you all.
My primary usage would be FM, with ocassional mp3, so powered speakers won't do for me. I need a proper digital FM tuner with preset memory, not the FM found on mp3 players.
It seems like all big players a phasing out microsystems and focussing more on HT market. The micro systems from Sony nowadays are just pathetic.
Actually I had a Sony system (a decent one) with digital tuner & twin cassette deck, bought way back in 1997. It conked off recently, hence looking for a replacement.
Onkyo CS-315 was looking good to me (when I saw it a few months ago), but was a little off my budget and also, its no more available.

thn the best choice i would suggest is in to go in for a nice ipod docking station...
like iLuv....tht will suit your budget and moreover will complete your requirements...

Upvote 0

anuragn

thn the best choice i would suggest is in to go in for a nice ipod docking station...
like iLuv....tht will suit your budget and moreover will complete your requirements...

Thanks Mridul. How much would it cost and how good is the sound quality? I presume it has FM tuner. I don't have an iPod and don't intend to buy any in the near future, hence would only use it as a radio and USB player.
My budget is <10K.

Upvote 0

vishanv

Thank you all.

Don't know if this will fit your expectation, try to give a listen to this

ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA

I have a CBX-100 in my bedroom, it sounds pretty ok for the price. I got it on a clearance sale for 4K equivalent.

Upvote 0

mridulgoel

Banned
Banned
Thanks Mridul. How much would it cost and how good is the sound quality? I presume it has FM tuner. I don't have an iPod and don't intend to buy any in the near future, hence would only use it as a radio and USB player.
My budget is <10K.

Bro
for your budget you will have the following choices...

i177 - iPod Dock with AM/FM with Dual Alarm Clock, usb in, line in and line out.
The MRP for the same is Rs.8800

i552 - Same as i177, it is portable + wired.
MRP is Rs.8800..

Upvote 0

magma

why cant you just buy the audioengines and connect them to a 1000 buck world radio digital tuner ( these are easily availble in mumbai at least in lamington road )

Upvote 0

adder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi
It is no point suggesting our friend systems costing 2-3 times his budget.
My suggestion 1 - Check LG - they still produce DVD based music players - in 10 -15 k band ,you can check their site and note that street prices are always lower

LG J10HD Audio Music Systems- Premium Design Hard Disc Audio with 300w rms | LG Electronics

LG J10HD Audio Music Systems- Premium Design Hard Disc Audio with 300w rms | LG Electronics

This is for 10800 on their site

I liked this but for 15 k - it has ipod dock too

check in modern tetail - they hae some items

or DNM from mumbai makes amp with remote , usb , card reader & fm - you need to add Bookshelf speakers and DVD player- in case FM or USB is missing you can have DVD player with this feature ( unfortunatly I have not seen DVD player with USB & FM - you might get it in grey brand)

DNM address

DNM address
DNM PACE: Mr.Dilip N Bajaj
#230-D Ansa Industrial Estate,
Saki Vihar Road,Mumbai-400072.
Tel:28474799
Mobile :9820064528.

( some people feel that DNM is as good as norge)...

Upvote 0

anuragn

Thanks Hemant for DNM's contact. I was also considering DNM but availability at dealer's is a problem.
Will surely check the LG systems. And of course, my budget is not more than 10K.
And ease of use is important - my wife would be using it mostly. Hence need a compact system with one remote for switching FM stations, volume etc.

Upvote 0

anuragn

Hi!
I saw one JVC Micro system at Vijay Sales yesterday. Model UX-G38.
It has CD (mp3), USB & digital FM tuner which fulfills all my reqmts. MRP is Rs 8K but they are offering a discount of 2K on exchange.
Click here for: JVC India Website

The sound quality was decent. I also compared it with Philips MCD-396 and it sounded better, though that was the first impression.
Any suggestions whether JVC audio products are really good and should I go for it?

Upvote 0
Pre-Book the Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut or Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price.