Suggest me a Media Streamer!

SumitB

I am in the market to purchase a new media streamer for my personal use. It needs to meet 2 basic requirements:
1. Should be able to play from my network attached storage.
2. Should have Digtal Co-ax out for audio.

The other basics remain the same. I have a collection of about 450+ downloaded bluray rips (1080p as well as 720p) and about 200GB of music (flac/mp3). I don't care about the ability to add a hard drive to the player.

Since the POHD is the only player from AcRyan which meets my Digital Co-ax out requirement, I got a quote from them for 9500/- inclusive of shipping for the player bundled with the WiFi Adapter. I don't need this adapter too but they wont reduce the price if I don't take it. Is the quoted price okay? Will someone be interested in purchasing the WiFi Adapter from me?

What are my other options? I have an offer to get the HiMedia 300A player from a friend for Rs. 5800/- shipped and this too comes with a wifi adapter which again I don't need.

Other options would include Asus HD2 but I read about it having some issues with playback of certain files. My downloaded content are rips from Framestor, Eureka, CHD among others. As of now, I don't download full bluray images but I want the player to play these without issues as well. My network is Gigabit enabled and I get speeds of 60+ MBps when I do local transfers it.

I want something which is simple to use and can be operated by anyone with the remote. I will connect the player to my V20. I tried to use my V20 with ps3mediaserver but I am have issues with playback and I want to avoid this.

Your valuable suggestions will be appreciated. I plan to make the purchase by Saturday.

Thanks for looking!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back