Suggest me - Yamaha 463 or Yamaha 465 or Onkyo 507

Vijay KD

Hi Friends,
Pls suggest me which receiver is best?
Yamaha 463
Yamaha 465
Onkyo 507

Usage will be 65% music and 35% movies.
And i'm planning to go for Floor stand speakers. Pls privide the details for cheap and best FS. Location Chennai. If i get best price in bangalore then i will come to bangalore and purchase it.
Somewhere in this forum i found Elac FS 57 office price was 8k. Pls give me such a details.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Friends,
Yamaha 463
Yamaha 465
Onkyo 507

And i'm planning to go for Floor stand speakers. Pls privide the details for cheap and best FS. Location Chennai. If i get best price in bangalore then i will come to bangalore and purchase it.
Somewhere in this forum i found Elac FS 57 office price was 8k. Pls give me such a details.

Thanks in advance.

It is yamaha 465 I go with . Why don"t you play same C.D and DVD on the three with the same speakers and have an idea for yourself about SQ levels.

Regards

Hi Friends,
Yamaha 463
Yamaha 465
Onkyo 507

Thanks in advance.

It is which ever one that sounds best to you.

453 was the old model, it also had USB out, but i'm told that was giving problems hence they discontinued the USB outlet in the new models...
465 sounds good, but then pls also check the onkyo model. As for speakers, yamaha's NS-8390 FS were a good budget pair but apparently they also have been discontinued, with NS-50's being offered as their replacements. Do check them out as well....
NS-8390's were available for 11k & the NS-50's are being sold at 13k/ again, audition them with your music cd's.....
All the best!

Lol, just saw the post date as 3rd feb '10, so assume that the thread starter has already made his purchase.... Hope he gets back with what he finally bought :D

Last edited:
If you have not purchased yet..

Also Watch out for new Series of Onkyo (SR x08 series) and Denon (xx11 series). However most of them are yet to be sold in India.;)

if you listen to more of music and are only planning to to buy a set of floorstanders you dont need a av receiver. a stereo amp within the same budget will be much better. the likes of nad / cambridge / marantz.

whats your room size / listening habits / budget

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back