Suggested Amps for Spendor A4

MusicLover22

Hi,

I am newbie to this forum, so please excuse me if this has already been discussed (did a search but couldn't find any relevant results).

I recently auditioned the Spendor A4, liked the sound and considering buying it I am also in the market for an Amp, and am looking for suggestions on suitable amps Options so far seem to be the Cambridge Audio CXA-61 or Cyrus One. Any thoughts on either of these, or others in a similar price range?

Thanks

Also read up about the Naim 5si and Atoll IN80 not sure if either will be available for demo. Never heard the cyrus amplifer, I used the cambridge cxa-80 for a good 2 years and spent quite sometime getting it fixed hence got rid of it and will be hesitant in the future with choosing the same brand. Have heard the naim 5si on dynaudio emit M20 at a friends often and found it to have a wide sound stage, good imaging and bigger sound as compared to my nad c368(cxa-80 replacement), Music listening is more fun and toe tapping with the naim on his setup than my nad on the same setup. Oh and have never heard spendor speakers so no clue how they would sound with either of the recommended amplifiers aboveby me. Hope that helps somewhat

Hi,

I am newbie to this forum, so please excuse me if this has already been discussed (did a search but couldn't find any relevant results).

I recently auditioned the Spendor A4, liked the sound and considering buying it I am also in the market for an Amp, and am looking for suggestions on suitable amps Options so far seem to be the Cambridge Audio CXA-61 or Cyrus One. Any thoughts on either of these, or others in a similar price range?

Thanks
There are a pair of nuprime STA-9 mono blocks for sale in the classifieds. I'd be hard pressed to recommend anything better than them below the 1L mark. I also have a pair with me. I use them in bridged mode, pumping 295 Watts each to my very very hard to drive pmc speakers. These get the job done admirably, where more costly amplification failed. And with a class A input stage, they sound lovely, unlike some class D implementations.

If you have a dac with volume control, then you can control the volume from there. Or if you want a more specific presentation, then you can add a preamp to taste. But as a poweramp, the nuprime are hard to fault, and very hard to beat.

Disclaimer :The seller is also from hyderabad and a good friend of mine 🤣🤣. But my above endorsement is impartial. And as stated above, I also have a pair of the same amps. And my recommendation stems from own usage experience 😁👍

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back