Suggestion for 5.1 System

gguru

Hello All,

This is my first post here.

I have been looking for a HT System. Had a Sony HiFi system and sold it last year.

I have a Samsung 40 inch LCD which can play all format movies from USB. (This is source for my movies. i download and play them directly from my TV which has ARC). I listen to music also through this USB in TV.

I have a Phillips BR player as well.

Please suggest a good 5.1 system in < 40K.

My hall +dinning is 12 x 24 .... system, will be kept in 12x14 space where one side is open for dinning. I am not looking for FS as i dont have more space to keep them.

Thanks in Advance.

~Guru

if your budget is 40k..go for separates.
start with 25k avr denon/onkyo and 15k pair of fronts and centre from sonodyne or wharfedale
add sub and rear surrounds later...quality will be much much higher than a 30k htib set.....

if no upgrade plan and sure shot plan of using 5.1 for next 7 years under 30k...

then go for onkyo 3400,3500........may be 23k to 27k range....complete set up

Thanks for the quick suggestion. I am ready to go for separates. Which model AVR in Onkyo/Denon. Should i go for 100W per channel AVRs? Denon 1312XP is 75W per channel.

Any suggestion on Energy take classic speakers?

I have decided to go for separates!! Auditioned Polk Audio TSi400 with Denon 1713 @ PROFx Bangalore. Liked it very much. Planning to go for this. Rough estimate is 59K (can negotiate i guess). Later i will add C10 center and OWM3 surrounds. I liked music also in this Tsi400+1713. WHat is the other combination i should try? Please advice. I am loosing my patience :D

Thanks for the suggestion Jaivelu. Do you know any place in Bangalore where i can audition this combo. I am in no hurry and would like to chose the best HT for my taste.

@gguru, you can audition the Wharfedale package in the following places of Bangalore...

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC, Byford Audio, Vueguard, Vuemax)
4B, Atishi building, # 8 And 9, Rose Garden Road,
J.P. Nagar 5th Phase, Besides Dollars colony, Bangalore-560078.
Tel: 9845522937 Email: [email protected]

STAR AV SOLUTIONS (for Wharfedale, DAC, Byford Audio, Vueguard, Vuemax)
No. 173, 2nd Floor, K.B.A.R. Road, Austin Town,
Near Bangalore Iyengar Bakery, Bangalore 560047.
Tel: 8105055008, 080-25560155 Email: [email protected]

VECTOR SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (for Wharfedale)
# 97, Brigade Road, After St.Joseph College Of Commerce,
Next to Brigade Prince Bar, Bangalore - 560025.
Tel: (080) 2554287, 41128686, 9341717964 Email: [email protected]

If you need further suggestions, you can continue to rise them here, our FM's are always at help.....

Happy auditioning man.....

If you don't want to put more budget buy Onkyo 3500 and Good Media player which will pass the audio and video through HDMI. You can't get DOLBY and DTS effect if you play from your TV USB.

@gguru, you can audition the Wharfedale package in the following places of Bangalore...

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC, Byford Audio, Vueguard, Vuemax)
4B, Atishi building, # 8 And 9, Rose Garden Road,
J.P. Nagar 5th Phase, Besides Dollars colony, Bangalore-560078.
Tel: 9845522937 Email: [email protected]

STAR AV SOLUTIONS (for Wharfedale, DAC, Byford Audio, Vueguard, Vuemax)
No. 173, 2nd Floor, K.B.A.R. Road, Austin Town,
Near Bangalore Iyengar Bakery, Bangalore 560047.
Tel: 8105055008, 080-25560155 Email: [email protected]

VECTOR SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (for Wharfedale)
# 97, Brigade Road, After St.Joseph College Of Commerce,
Next to Brigade Prince Bar, Bangalore - 560025.
Tel: (080) 2554287, 41128686, 9341717964 Email: [email protected]

If you need further suggestions, you can continue to rise them here, our FM's are always at help.....

Happy auditioning man.....

Thanks a lot Jaivelu once again!!! I will check out this place... ofcourse my decision will be based on all the input from the wonderful members here!!

If you don't want to put more budget buy Onkyo 3500 and Good Media player which will pass the audio and video through HDMI. You can't get DOLBY and DTS effect if you play from your TV USB.

Thanks for the input chanduwala. I have decided not to go for HTIB after checking Onkyo, Denon 1312XP. Separates looks like a reliable option. Yes.. The media player will do all the job and i dont need to depend on TV. I will check out for available options.

I am yet to listen Wharfadale and Tannoy. But getting the below best price. Please let me know if this is ok.

Denon 1713 + Polk Audio TSi400 + CS10 + PSW110 + TSI 100 - Rs 89900.

I am yet to listen Wharfadale and Tannoy. But getting the below best price. Please let me know if this is ok.

Denon 1713 + Polk Audio TSi400 + CS10 + PSW110 + TSI 100 - Rs 89900.

For Surrounds, OWM3 is better than TSI100
CS10 is Bulky for the performance, If your quote is from ProFX see if they can replace it with a KEF center (C6LCR). Go for PSW 125 instead of 110.

For Surrounds, OWM3 is better than TSI100
CS10 is Bulky for the performance, If your quote is from ProFX see if they can replace it with a KEF center (C6LCR). Go for PSW 125 instead of 110.

Thanks for the inputs Safar. He told OMW3 or TSI100 will be of same price. Havent checked KEF center. Will need to demo with this combo also once. Anyways i will have to check Wharfadle and Tannoy before making a conclusion.

Friends... please give a quick reply. There is a 26% discount going on for Sonodyne products. Which is better Sonus 2605 V3 or Polk Audio TSi 400. Music 80% Movies 20%. I will audition Sonodyne this weekend. Please suggest.

audition that...money or discount is not imp.imp is your ear.if you find sono good.its good.dont run for discount.however sono this model fs is a very good system for this price.and follow the above said suggestion..carry your own high quakity audio stuff to judge
imo wharf 10 is much better in music section than them...but still at the price point sono is a winner

Thank you gcpraveen and prosenjit. ofcourse i will Demo before deciding anything. I have already Demos Tsi400 and was impressed. Will check Sono this weekend. wharf 10 is on higher side. I am looking for FS within 30K

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back