suggestion for my first home theatre.

hifimaddy

hi guys,

I am a new user here on this platform . I am setting up my first home theatre ( my room size 9.6 feet w x 18.7 feet L x 8.5 feet H). I need a suggestion from you guys to fulfill my dream home theatre .

my preferred equipments

(i listen 50 percentage music and 50 percentage movies i already wired my room for 7.1.4 configuration and i prefer front floor standing speakers )

AVR - marantz sr 6015 or sr 7015

speakers - dali oberon series

- polk signature series or reserve

- emotiva airmotiv

- wharfedale evo series

(i auditioned b&w , klipsch ,dali and polk signature .among them i like b&w they are more precise and perfect sound stage but it is out of my budget range so after than i like dali they are very good for music and movies according to my taste of sound )

i need a power a power amplifier to preamp my 9 channel to 11 chanel so need a suggestion to choose a 2 channel or 3 channel amplifier budget for amplifier around 80 thousand max

My main concern is about power distribution . In my place there is always power loss and voltage fluctuation. So I am planning to integrate a dedicated inverter for this room and I need suggestions to pick a stabilizer . Should I go for a static stabilizer or servo or even a power conditioner ?

I need suggestions to choose speakers ,power amplifiers and power sources .

thank you guys

Are you setting it up with a professional? They should be able to answer your queries.For 50:50 movies and music set up go for a good sealed subwoofer. Make sure you treat the room properly. There is a thread similar to your requirement on the power distribution where two Fm’s have gone for an online ups with isolation transformer.

Are you setting it up with a professional? They should be able to answer your queries.For 50:50 movies and music set up go for a good sealed subwoofer. Make sure you treat the room properly. There is a thread similar to your requirement on the power distribution where two Fm’s have gone for an online ups with isolation transformer.
Thank you so much for your message . I am not setting up with any professionals . I already have expensive acoustic ceilings . I am planning to insert DIY acoustic panels in the wall and proper acoustic carpets too . This room is not a dedicated home theatre it's an informal living / leisure room with only one door it acts and looks like a dedicated av room but functionally it's not .

Thank you so much for your message . I am not setting up with any professionals . I already have expensive acoustic ceilings . I am planning to insert DIY acoustic panels in the wall and proper acoustic carpets too . This room is not a dedicated home theatre it's an informal living / leisure room with only one door it acts and looks like a dedicated av room but functionally it's not .
Ok dedicated or not doing some treatment will definitely be helpful. What is your budget break up for speakers, amp, avr and subwoofer. You will get more suggestions depending on your budget

4.5 L to 5L ( speakers + subwoofer and amplifier ) avr is not included in this
That’s a very good budget. Speakers you need to read user reviews in your budget and audition. Brands to check are xtz,rythmik,Rel,kef,dali,elac. Since you plan to go for pa+avr combo go for 6015 if it’s the marantz or 3700 Denon. Both these avr’s will be good enough for surrounds and you can get a good PA for LCR alone. Hope you have already decided which dealer you will be purchasing from. Better to buy all from one dealer for a big discount

That’s a very good budget. Speakers you need to read user reviews in your budget and audition. Brands to check are xtz,rythmik,Rel,kef,dali,elac. Since you plan to go for pa+avr combo go for 6015 if it’s the marantz or 3700 Denon. Both these avr’s will be good enough for surrounds and you can get a good PA for LCR alone. Hope you have already decided which dealer you will be purchasing from. Better to buy all from one dealer for a big discount
Thanks for your recommendations . I am not a fan of kef . but definitely i will consider xtz,rythmik,Rel, . dali i tested already they are fantastic . Maybe due to my budget I can't go with a power amplifier so I am looking at PA crown xls or xli but many of them are not suggesting crown for home theatre . and also got a good offer about a hypex ncore 2 channel amplifier (250w 4ohm ) around the 40thousand . So what would you suggest crown or a hypex ncore ?

Thanks for your recommendations . I am not a fan of kef . but definitely i will consider xtz,rythmik,Rel, . dali i tested already they are fantastic . Maybe due to my budget I can't go with a power amplifier so I am looking at PA crown xls or xli but many of them are not suggesting crown for home theatre . and also got a good offer about a hypex ncore 2 channel amplifier (250w 4ohm ) around the 40thousand . So what would you suggest crown or a hypex ncore ?
No experience with crown. Why not go for DIY PA? They won’t cost a bomb. You can just get a 3 channel PA for LCR Or you can also go for Bassx3. Avr should easily power the surrounds and heights. If you liked dali by all means go for it. It’s a well know brand in the community. Subwoofer Rythmik and REL 15 inches will cost a bomb but well worth it and a solid one time purchase. End of the day if you don’t get bass right you won’t enjoy your system. Also heard arendal is good.

No experience with crown. Why not go for DIY PA? They won’t cost a bomb. You can just get a 3 channel PA for LCR Or you can also go for Bassx3. Avr should easily power the surrounds and heights. If you liked dali by all means go for it. It’s a well know brand in the community. Subwoofer Rythmik and REL 15 inches will cost a bomb but well worth it and a solid one time purchase. End of the day if you don’t get bass right you won’t enjoy your system. Also heard arendal is good.
I will look for a DIY PA amplifier . What do you think about the sound signature of dali and xtz ? I have never heard any xtz before . is they are almost similar sounds stage or dali is better ? I am considering svs pb 1000 pro or Rythmik subwoofers .

I will look for a DIY PA amplifier . What do you think about the sound signature of dali and xtz ? I have never heard any xtz before . is they are almost similar sounds stage or dali is better ? I am considering svs pb 1000 pro or Rythmik subwoofers .
I used dali z3 and vokal before moving to xtz 95 series for LCR. Xtz is better for me but again the 95 series cost way more then the zensor series. Subwoofer go for big and powerful.

hi guys,

I am a new user here on this platform . I am setting up my first home theatre ( my room size 9.6 feet w x 18.7 feet L x 8.5 feet H). I need a suggestion from you guys to fulfill my dream home theatre .

my preferred equipments

(i listen 50 percentage music and 50 percentage movies i already wired my room for 7.1.4 configuration and i prefer front floor standing speakers )

- emotiva airmotiv

- wharfedale evo series

(i auditioned b&w , klipsch ,dali and polk signature .among them i like b&w they are more precise and perfect sound stage but it is out of my budget range so after than i like dali they are very good for music and movies according to my taste of sound )

i need a power a power amplifier to preamp my 9 channel to 11 chanel so need a suggestion to choose a 2 channel or 3 channel amplifier budget for amplifier around 80 thousand max

My main concern is about power distribution . In my place there is always power loss and voltage fluctuation. So I am planning to integrate a dedicated inverter for this room and I need suggestions to pick a stabilizer . Should I go for a static stabilizer or servo or even a power conditioner ?

thank you guys
Check out multichannel power amplifier from CROWN brand. Really value for money.
I heard at friends place and real power to push speakers.
I spend lot on Power amp but later realised how good crowns are at 1/4th the price

@hifimaddy

I have 2 Crown xls 2502 power amps. My advice to you is not to get the crowns. Not because they are class d, not because they are pro amps, not because they don't sound good but because the home cinema avrs don't give it enough voltage to make a difference. This is applicable only if two or three channels are driven by the crowns. The multi channel crown amp suggested above driving all channels could be a different ball game altogether.

I had once bridged the crown to the center channel. In bridged mode, the power of the amp was 1500 watts. Did not make a bit of a difference as audyssey level matches the channels.

I have used the crowns with preamp for two channel and it really did well there. Quite transparent and neutral. A fellow FM is quite happy using the Crown with his Sonus Faber speakers.

Last edited:
hi guys,

my preferred equipments

- emotiva airmotiv

- wharfedale evo series

thank you guys
Tasty room and dimensions, bro, and solid options already shortlisted.
I will leave my comments in the next post. But, sorry if I missed it, but what is the visual option in this room? Projector or TV? Either way, what size?
Wishing you all the best in your endeavour.
Regards

hi guys,

my preferred equipments

All good so far. But keep your mind open for pre-pros...

Very neutral, the Oberon 7s or the Obeon 9s will fit your room best. While these two lack the trueness of the Oberon 5s, they do do a good job.
They belong in the kind of sound that the b&w and klipsch make. so, we'll come back to that.
- emotiva airmotiv
These have in-house ribbons, which are probably extremely diametrically opposite to the kind of sound the above three make. So, you will definitely have to listen to them. If you like their sound, Airmotiv T3+ and the magnificent C1+ are the best fit for your room.
- wharfedale evo series
There are many here, which one are you looking at. The Evos have metal domes and ribbons too, if i am not wrong... Both are good, but their signatures will differ.
If you like the above, then by my ear, the order would be: b&w > klipsch > polk.
the dalis are very different from the above. And the Emotivas are even further away from all the above sounds...
So, if you like any, you need to audition further.

Local or the Emotiva 3-channels...

Wishing you the best again

Tasty room and dimensions, bro, and solid options already shortlisted.
I will leave my comments in the next post. But, sorry if I missed it, but what is the visual option in this room? Projector or TV? Either way, what size?
Wishing you all the best in your endeavour.
Regards
projector 100 inch

All good so far. But keep your mind open for pre-pros...

Very neutral, the Oberon 7s or the Obeon 9s will fit your room best. While these two lack the trueness of the Oberon 5s, they do do a good job.

They belong in the kind of sound that the b&w and klipsch make. so, we'll come back to that.

These have in-house ribbons, which are probably extremely diametrically opposite to the kind of sound the above three make. So, you will definitely have to listen to them. If you like their sound, Airmotiv T3+ and the magnificent C1+ are the best fit for your room.

There are many here, which one are you looking at. The Evos have metal domes and ribbons too, if i am not wrong... Both are good, but their signatures will differ.

If you like the above, then by my ear, the order would be: b&w > klipsch > polk.
the dalis are very different from the above. And the Emotivas are even further away from all the above sounds...
So, if you like any, you need to audition further.

Local or the Emotiva 3-channels...

Wishing you the best again

Thank you for your options . My preference is 50 percent music and 50 movies , so I think I will go with Dali . I listened to movies and also listened to the stereo version . I like it a lot. They sound similar to my taste . but i saw some youtube reviews about emotiva airmotiv , everyone saying it's a good speaker but for me it doesn't look modern but if they perform well i don't care about the looks . I should audition it first to decide if it's worth buying .

Thank you for your options . My preference is 50 percent music and 50 movies , so I think I will go with Dali . I listened to movies and also listened to the stereo version . I like it a lot. They sound similar to my taste . but i saw some youtube reviews about emotiva airmotiv , everyone saying it's a good speaker but for me it doesn't look modern but if they perform well i don't care about the looks . I should audition it first to decide if it's worth buying .
The Dali's would be great for music, and redeem themselves pretty well for movies.

The Emotivas, you really need to listen to them. You can't decide unless you have experienced an air-motion, folded-motion, or ribbon. They sound very different.

I'd say, don't hurry. Go slow and try and listen to some.

If pressed for time, you can't go wrong with the Dalis.
Best and regards

hi guys,

my preferred equipments

- emotiva airmotiv

- wharfedale evo series

thank you guys
Congratulations on the new setup! If your placer encounters frequent power failures or voltage swings then there is no better option than static voltage stabilizer. Many have used it to safeguard their expensive appliances. https://www.hifivision.com/threads/my-journey-on-securing-my-ht-gear.86672/

I can vouch for this manufacturer
Brand: NKB Technocrats
Phone: 9660061987

Congratulations on the new setup! If your placer encounters frequent power failures or voltage swings then there is no better option than static voltage stabilizer. Many have used it to safeguard their expensive appliances. https://www.hifivision.com/threads/my-journey-on-securing-my-ht-gear.86672/

I can vouch for this manufacturer
Brand: NKB Technocrats
Phone: 9660061987
Thank you for your response .My main concern is about voltage swings and frequent power losses . So while protecting my avr gears I have to install a backup power source like an UPS or an inverter .So my question is can I pair the static stabilizer with an inverter or should I go with an online ups (double conversion )?. In this area I am mostly confused to choose one . I hope someone can guide me. I have very little knowledge about power sources for HT.

Thank you for your response .My main concern is about voltage swings and frequent power losses . So while protecting my avr gears I have to install a backup power source like an UPS or an inverter .So my question is can I pair the static stabilizer with an inverter or should I go with an online ups (double conversion )?. In this area I am mostly confused to choose one . I hope someone can guide me. I have very little knowledge about power sources for HT.
Use case of an online UPS & static stabilizer is different. Online UPS for audio to protect from voltage fluctuation is an extremely poor idea because of humming noise, poor efficiency and many more. There is no better option than static stabilizer to curb voltage swings. Yes, you can pair static stabilizer with ups/inverter to overcome power losses. Try contacting the above mentioned manufacturer, he is extremely helpful & ethical in approach.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back