Suggestion pls.USB Soundcard with optical 5.1 out.

reachkalyan.kr

Anybody tried this sound card
ProElite 6 Channel External Sound Card 5.1 Surround Sound USB 2.0 External Optical S/PDIF Audio Sound Card Adapter for PC Laptop https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01FHMDVYM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_nkljBbS7R3FHG

How about the quality and performance.
Any other dac/ card suggestions welcome.
Not preferred to adding internal soundcard as i dont have empty slot left in my pc.
Budget less than 5 -7k max if something good available can extend budget for 10k.
Requirement *usb input from pc and optical output with preferably 5.1 support *

Last edited:
Yes.looking for AUDIO only if it can deliver 5.1 thru toslink that would be added benefit for my need.
NO for Hdmi here

No @elangoas
Thanks for your input.
i already own android box 2 nos which is not that comfort as compared to win PC moreover Android box takes long time to load for online content compared to PC.

Ok.. I was wondering why you want to take output from PC thru USB and inturn take SPDIF from it..

Hope, you must have checked if your motherboard has SPDIF header provision..

Asus Intel H61M-CS Motherboard
I tried the possibilities.
I don't see possibilities for spdif header without adding add on card.
Final options i have to look for new mobo with spdif header otherwise have to take out the add on cards which is serving as usb 3.0 and wireless module.
I was wondering why you want to take output from PC thru USB and inturn take SPDIF from it
For DIY processor which is unused and lying idle with spdif input.

Asus Intel H61M-CS Motherboard
I tried the possibilities.
I don't see possibilities for spdif header without adding add on card.
Final options i have to look for new mobo with spdif header otherwise have to take out the add on cards which is serving as usb 3.0 and wireless module.

Ok.. Looks like the Mobo doesn't have SPDIF out header.. USB 3.0 card fine.. If you switch to USB wireless module, may be you can accommodate soundcard..

For DIY processor which is unused and lying idle with spdif input.

DIY Processor?.. Vow.. Great..

Even i thought the same option if i did not get compact plug and play device with in my budget.

Ok cool.. But the USB output from PC is limited to Digital 2.0.. Don't think there is an option of Digital 5.1 out..

From the product link that you shared, one of the detail is mentioned as "Only R, L channel PCM audio in 5.1 channel can be conveyed in digital playback mode. In analog playback mode,it supports 6 channels codec for analog playback."..

Back