Suggestion required for 40-42inch TV

rupisekhon

Hello friends, I am new to this forum, I need your help for purchasing a 40-42 inch TV.

Previously I was thinking of 32" LED (in 25k-30k), but after going through various threads of this forum, I changed my mind, and decided to buy a 40-42inch TV (in <40k).

After online recearch, I found that :

1) 42 inch Panasonic LCD (TH-L42U5D) and Toshiba 40 inch LCD (40PB20) are available around 35K.

2) Samsung Plasma E450 is around 31-32k on ebay, and Samsung E470 and LG 4520 Plasma are around 37-39k.

I want a budget oriented but VFM purchase.

Daily usage would be normal 3-4 hour SD/HD channels, and occassionaly movies.

Whats is your suggestion between these LCD and Plasma in this price range. (or any other model better than these)

Kindly suggest.

If you have a tight budget, you cant beat a plasma in the price vs performance perspective. If you want the same quality in LED, you will need to spend more. You can go with any of the new 2012 entry level plasma models of Panasonic/Samsung. Also do not get to hung on full HD panels.............if you have the budget then sure go for it, if not even a 720p HD Ready panel will do just fine.

That means, i should prefer plasma tv over LED.

on ebay i found prices as (with 1yr seller warranty)

Plasma SS E450 ~ 32k (Advantage : +3" inch, -5000 Rs.)
LED SS 40EH5000 ~ 37k (Advantage : no care required for IR, BI)

Is it safe to buy tv from ebay with seller warranty. ?

Check if Samsung E450 is 480p, if so don't go for that model. You should atleast have 720p. E470 (35K), 43E490 (for 38K)
I have taken LG 42PA4520 (720p, 33K reliance digital), of which i will post the review with snaps soon..
Also, i prefer to buy from store rather than online, unless it is not possible to get from stores..

I have cheked the specs, Samsung E450 is 720P

One thing I have observed, Samsung E450, E470 have1024x768 resolution but LG 42PA4520 is 1366x768. Does it make any difference in picture quality.

I think I should go with LG model if higher resolution matters here..

Kindly syggest.

Hi cmarella,

In Hyd where did u get the price of 38K for E490 series Samsung Plasma. Plz give me the showroom details.

Thanks in Advance

Hello friends, i am tight on budget and also want a big screen without special care for ir and burn in problems. Can i go with these lcd models
Panasonic TH-L42U5D LCD 42 inches Full HD Television: Flipkart.com

or

Toshiba 40PB20 LCD 40 inches Full HD Television: Flipkart.com

Hows the quality of these models, and which one is better?

both are priced around 35k.

there is one more model by 'VU' for 30k
VU 40V86PE LCD 40 inches Full HD Television: Flipkart.com

is this also a trusted brand? or its better to go with panasonic/toshiba

please help me to choose one.

Hi cmarella,

In Hyd where did u get the price of 38K for E490 series Samsung Plasma. Plz give me the showroom details.

Thanks in Advance

It is not in show room, but a retailer dealing with factory seconds and also news. He quoted 37.8K and will be new with 1 yr standard samsung warranty, and said for any model he will give best quote. In Bajaj electronic, i got 39.9K.

Looks like, No one is ready to help a LCD buyer. :sad:

When thinking of the large screen, it is difficult to beat the plasma - both at price and quality. But what LCD are you looking at? We can help you there also.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

This is surely a HiFi forum to discuss HiFi and high budget plasmas.
No one is ready to help me in choosing low budget LCDs.

Kindly suggest any other forum, where I can get ask for suggestions in choosing my LCD Tv.

hey u can go for toshiba with 3yrs wrnty than pana, where u get only one yr
black level wise both are very good and comparable to sony

In my opinion, Plasma has better picture quality then LED TV so Samsung E470 and LG 4520 Plasma both have more apps, latest feature and very bright picture quality now you can select which brand is best for you.

Thanks Diplomat. One last confusion.

Which factors are worth choosing between

"3 yr warranty + better Sound quality in Toshiba "
vs
"2 inch larger screen + Brand name Panasonic"

u really don't bother about 2 inch extra, when u get sound bar and additional HDMI ports in toshiba
HDD and file format play through USB will be better in TOSHIBA I feel
try at INFIBEAM.COM too for better price before jumping in
flipkart gives only i yr wrnty for toshiba, note that

Thanks for helping me to decide. :)

For Toshiba 40PB20, lowest price I found is on Shopclues.
It is safe to buy bulky orders online, and that too from Shopclues.

or should I prefer local shops in city.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back