Suggestion required for choosing a Projector

Hi all, I got my 9400 installed.its really fun handling it every thing is motorised.lens can be adjusted like focus,sshift and zoom with the remote.still needs to go through the settings.
Brightness is v good clarity color reproduction is superb.skin tone is excellent with detailed picturisation.
For cieling mount distance is not a problem as it has 2.1 x zoom.for 150" screen it's about 15.7ft distance.
Compared to other projectors it's huge but once installed size doesn't matter much.
Even 1080 p movies which I had seen with my old pj appers more clearer .eg grass land scene on thin red line movie I could see blades of grass individually,much greener and detailed.
Atmos sound reproduction has improved may be because this is 4 k compared to 1080p.
Screen size can b altered with touch of a button to 2.35:1 giving us real cinema scope experience but 2.35:1 screen is expensive.this feature is not seen with other PJ's.
Try to attach some screen shots for eye candy. Congrats on the purchase. Great projector.

Hi All,

OUTLINE - I am looking for a projector and would want some help in deciding. This would be my very 1st projector. The room is 10 by 12 feet. So I will have roughly 9-10 feet of viewing distance. Almost everyone I have met has told me that a projector is a waste for such a distance, more so when I told them I would most probably put a 100 inch screen in that space. The room is a TV/guest room, so I would say 99% dedicated TV room, which i will get painted in dark grey.

PROJECTOR - I have seen 100's of hours of youtube footage, and I am still undecided, mostly because what type of projector would suit my need. My minimum requirement is 4K (Faux is the one that would come in my budget), HDR, deeper blacks, 3LCD over Single chip DLP, good connectivity options, and if possible wifi enabled/smart projector. Also, if anyone can tell me if it matters for sound output purposes what a projector should have (If I want to have Atmos).

MY PROJECTOR CHOICES - From what I have seen, read and understood from various reviews I have gone through, I liked few of the projectors mentioned below, I liked a few more but not mentioning as they are way out of budget, and no point discussing their pros/cons.

1. Epson EH-TW9400 - In Budget

2. BenQ W5700 - In Budget

3. ViewSonic X100-4K + - Newly launched, They are claiming this to be true 4K and LED light source. - Slightly Out of Budget

4. Epson EH-LS500B UST - I really wanted a UST projector to be honest, but Vava has no official Indian store, Optoma P2 was out of budget. Did not even think of Sony. - In Budget

Demo - As this would be my 1st projector, I was wondering if I could get a demo of any of the above mentioned projector anywhere in Delhi-NCR. I would really like to see how the picture looks when I look at it in person, and not through my laptop as I have been doing for reviews.

Thanks,

Abhi

Hi All,

OUTLINE - I am looking for a projector and would want some help in deciding. This would be my very 1st projector. The room is 10 by 12 feet. So I will have roughly 9-10 feet of viewing distance. Almost everyone I have met has told me that a projector is a waste for such a distance, more so when I told them I would most probably put a 100 inch screen in that space. The room is a TV/guest room, so I would say 99% dedicated TV room, which i will get painted in dark grey.

PROJECTOR - I have seen 100's of hours of youtube footage, and I am still undecided, mostly because what type of projector would suit my need. My minimum requirement is 4K (Faux is the one that would come in my budget), HDR, deeper blacks, 3LCD over Single chip DLP, good connectivity options, and if possible wifi enabled/smart projector. Also, if anyone can tell me if it matters for sound output purposes what a projector should have (If I want to have Atmos).

MY PROJECTOR CHOICES - From what I have seen, read and understood from various reviews I have gone through, I liked few of the projectors mentioned below, I liked a few more but not mentioning as they are way out of budget, and no point discussing their pros/cons.

3. ViewSonic X100-4K + - Newly launched, They are claiming this to be true 4K and LED light source. - Slightly Out of Budget

4. Epson EH-LS500B UST - I really wanted a UST projector to be honest, but Vava has no official Indian store, Optoma P2 was out of budget. Did not even think of Sony. - In Budget

Demo - As this would be my 1st projector, I was wondering if I could get a demo of any of the above mentioned projector anywhere in Delhi-NCR. I would really like to see how the picture looks when I look at it in person, and not through my laptop as I have been doing for reviews.

Thanks,

Abhi

I have the TW9400 projecting a 100 inch image , looks spectacular and outdoes the TV in terms of immersion. While the OLED certainly offers more details , clarity but i find immersion to be a bigger factor in movies.

I have the TW9400 projecting a 100 inch image , looks spectacular and outdoes the TV in terms of immersion. While the OLED certainly offers more details , clarity but i find immersion to be a bigger factor in movies.
Thanks Flux. How are the black levels, if I compare this with a run of the mill Edge Lit Sony or Samsung 4K LED TV ? Also, as I would mainly use this for Movies and Live Sports, how is it in producing fast action ?

Thanks Flux. How are the black levels, if I compare this with a run of the mill Edge Lit Sony or Samsung 4K LED TV ? Also, as I would mainly use this for Movies and Live Sports, how is it in producing fast action ?
The brighter the Projector is, the worse are the black levels. Look into Calibrating it to improve the black levels as then the lumens decrease drastically and also consider treating your room.

As it stands, the Epson 9400 is a fantastic projector.

The brighter the Projector is, the worse are the black levels. Look into Calibrating it to improve the black levels as then the lumens decrease drastically and also consider treating your room.

As it stands, the Epson 9400 is a fantastic projector.
I do not have the projector in question as of now, just doing some research, would definitely calibrate once I do buy, also, I would make the projector room dark grey, as well as install a ALR Screen, so that should help. But before all that, just need to settle on a projector first. Because I would not like to be dissapointed with picture clarity and/or black levels. I have heard Epson 9400 to be a very good projector, I wish I am able to get a demo anywhere in Delhi NCR which would surely help me in deciding.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Abhi
Did you finalize any projector models?? I have been also in dilemma between epson 9400 or benq w2700 as i have 11x12 size room. Please let me know which one you went and the screen size? I'm also looking to project 100 to 120 inch screen though many suggested for benq w2700 or 75 inch led tv but i still want to go for projector!!

Did you finalize any projector models?? I have been also in dilemma between epson 9400 or benq w2700 as i have 11x12 size room. Please let me know which one you went and the screen size? I'm also looking to project 100 to 120 inch screen though many suggested for benq w2700 or 75 inch led tv but i still want to go for projector!!
If you want inky blacks go for the Epson. If you want razor-sharp 4k and dust blob friendly Benq w2700 maybe better.( I have owned Epson TW6600 and currently use BenqHT2550) the Epson will be twice as heavy and bulky compared to Benq. So placement flexibility Benq wins.

also have a look at the benq w5700. It is in the same price range of the 9400.

also have a look at the benq w5700. It is in the same price range of the 9400.
Thanks, what about the throw range? Will i able to get 110-120 inch image in 9400 from 10-12 feet? I hear only benq does that..i m looking for 110-120 inch image and 9400 can only give max of 100 inch image itseems with 12 feet distance!!

Thanks, what about the throw range? Will i able to get 110-120 inch image in 9400 from 10-12 feet? I hear only benq does that..i m looking for 110-120 inch image and 9400 can only give max of 100 inch image itseems with 12 feet distance!!
oh you are right. as your room is 12 feet. The max distance you can get from the lens is around 10 feet. The epson tw9400 and benq w5700 will not give a 110 inch.
the benq w2700 can do it. If you want excellent accurate colours and you can totally control the light go for the tw2700. If you like a bright picture go for the tk850 in benq.

oh you are right. as your room is 12 feet. The max distance you can get from the lens is around 10 feet. The epson tw9400 and benq w5700 will not give a 110 inch.
the benq w2700 can do it. If you want excellent accurate colours and you can totally control the light go for the tw2700. If you like a bright picture go for the tk850 in benq.
Thanks, i'm planning for dedicated media room! So will try to have dark room, is it mandatory to have darker room for w2700? Because may be in future, i may plan move that to living room, so will it be a problem? Earlier had lot of confusion in choosing w2700 vs 9400. But thinking of w2700 for the bigger image with my room size!!

The W2700 would require a light-controlled room to give its best output, basically, any room would be good with the lights turned off..
I am projecting the 2550 onto the wall from 12 ft away to get a 100 inch screen.

Attachments

• 1618247179566.jpg
    1618247179566.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The W2700 would require a light-controlled room to give its best output, basically, any room would be good with the lights turned off..
I am projecting the 2550 onto the wall from 12 ft away to get a 100 inch screen.
Thanks, planning for w2700 and my target is to have 120 max image at 12 feet!!

Iam getting 100 inch at 12 feet but Epson has superb lens shift and zoom. So you can get 110 inch easily at 12 feet.. i can post pictures if you want..

Iam getting 100 inch at 12 feet but Epson has superb lens shift and zoom. So you can get 110 inch easily at 12 feet.. i can post pictures if you want..
You mean you are getting 110 inch at 12 feet using epson 9400 model? I read it like max is 100 inch from 12 feet!! And also, epson has some dust filter issue which i see in our forums!!

You mean you are getting 110 inch at 12 feet using epson 9400 model? I read it like max is 100 inch from 12 feet!! And also, epson has some dust filter issue which i see in our forums!!
Actually iam getting 100 inch. But it can go from 100 to 120 inch at 12 feet. Pls refer the epson throw calculator to validate. I used the epson throw calculator for throw distance n brightness etc

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back