Suggestion required for choosing a Projector

But I'm unable to digest the fact that it is not true 4k and go ahead with Epson tw7100 even though it has better picture. I'm torn between tw7100 and BenQ w2700.
Lack of true 4K is the sole reason I am still holding off buying Epson 9400. Wondering whether I should wait out 6 months more, Epson surely would be releasing some better model by then.

Lack of true 4K is the sole reason I am still holding off buying Epson 9400. Wondering whether I should wait out 6 months more, Epson surely would be releasing some better model by then.
My enquiries say that not in near future such a plan is there as it's expensive for true 4k.even sony 4 k is available at double the cost but with marginal benefits compared to 9400

My enquiries say that not in near future such a plan is there as it's expensive for true 4k.even sony 4 k is available at double the cost but with marginal benefits compared to 9400
But my understanding is that there is difference between true 4K and native 4K. Lot of people get confused about this. Benq 4K projectors are true 4K with pixel shifting technology achieving 4 times of 1080p resolution and Epson projectors pixel shift twice, whereas JVC and Sony have native 4K resolution which is way way expensive. This is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

But my understanding is that there is difference between true 4K and native 4K. Lot of people get confused about this. Benq 4K projectors are true 4K with pixel shifting technology achieving 4 times of 1080p resolution and Epson projectors pixel shift twice, whereas JVC and Sony have native 4K resolution which is way way expensive. This is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.
Even benq also not true 4k.its technology makes us look like 4k.only true 4k projectors available are JVC which are 4.5 +l.rest all technology driven mimicking 4k.what pleases our eyes is important.

Even benq also not true 4k.its technology makes us look like 4k.only true 4k projectors available are JVC which are 4.5 +l.rest all technology driven mimicking 4k.what pleases our eyes is important.
That's right. Both BenQ and Epson use only 1080p chip to simulate 4K images, however BenQ's simulation is closer to actual 4K as compared to Epson (which is closer to 2k)

Thats what I heard too. I think we should hear sometime in Jan/Feb about what incremental benefits may be there in next model of Epson. Maybe even if not true 4K, they can make it slightly more sharper than its currently. I will be OK with just simulation of all 4K pixels like BenQ.

definetly the epson 9400 is better choice over the DLP counter parts. I had the oppurtunity to Demo the epson 9400 but did not want to strech my budget so settled for UHD50x without a demo. The epson was much more sharper compared to Uhd50x despite half the pixels. Must be due to the lens. The contrast of 9400 is really good. I should have taken the 9400
Epson has lens memory and automatic shutter control also

Thats what I heard too. I think we should hear sometime in Jan/Feb about what incremental benefits may be there in next model of Epson. Maybe even if not true 4K, they can make it slightly more sharper than its currently. I will be OK with just simulation of all 4K pixels like BenQ.
Between, any new 4k models expected from BenQ to increase brightness and contrast on par with Epson.

I have not had a chance to demo the BenQ but I did demo the 9400w and was really amazed by the PQ. A clearer PQ with better/brighter color reproduction even if it meant there was some upscaling.

If dust accumulates in the lens of a LCD projector it causes something called Dust blob. The automatic shutter helps the lens screen remain shut while shutting down the projector which would prevent dust accumulation, as per the reviews not many models come with such features. It seems to be a problem associated with all LCD projectors as per reviews but gets considerable reduced if you ceiling mount it as dust is more on the ground area.

Not sure about what the lens memory thing is.

Between, any new 4k models expected from BenQ to increase brightness and contrast on par with Epson.
BenQ has already announced next line of projectors. No change in brightness/contrast. They just added media playing capabilities (Made projector "smart"), that too with increased prices. Not worth it.

Cheapest native 4k PJ is the Sony 270ES, priced a bit more than the Epson 9400 ( 6050 in the US )
Sony is in a different league when compared to Epson. The 270ES ( 295ES outside ) is a wonderful Projector.
Priced how much more?

In India compared to 9400 it's double the cost but with less features.positive thing is it's native 4k
That would make Sony 4K nearly 4 lakhs? That's too much!
Epson's pricing is incomparable, especially for us Indian buyers. I guess I will wait for few more months to see how things go.

That would make Sony 4K nearly 4 lakhs? That's too much!
Epson's pricing is incomparable, especially for us Indian buyers. I guess I will wait for few more months to see how things go.
In current scenario, I'm leaning towards BenQ HT3550 as against Epson tw7100 or BenQ tk850 considering my room dimensions and Epson's throw ratio.

In current scenario, I'm leaning towards BenQ HT3550 as against Epson tw7100 or BenQ tk850 considering my room dimensions and Epson's throw ratio.
Both BenQs are good choices. I already have a BenQ 1080p projector (which is great), so leaning towards Epson for next purchase for change.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back