Suggestion required for choosing a Projector

In India compared to 9400 it's double the cost but with less features.positive thing is it's native 4k
Its not double the cost. You are talking to the wrong people if they are quoting you those prices.
Sony is a superior machine in every way. The Epson cannot be compared. The Picture, colors are very accurate on the 295ES and HDR on it is better too ( Via German Gamma curves )
Yes, the lack of lens memory on the 295 is a bummer.

Its not double the cost. You are talking to the wrong people if they are quoting you those prices.
Sony is a superior machine in every way. The Epson cannot be compared. The Picture, colors are very accurate on the 295ES and HDR on it is better too ( Via German Gamma curves )
Yes, the lack of lens memory on the 295 is a bummer.
what is the 270es price?

Yup despite this the Epson are still higher rated than the Benq counterparts in the reviews.
Has put me in a fix , every review seems to favor the the 9400w in terms of deeper blacks, better clarity but my mounting distance is only 11 feet which ends up with 75 inch projected image on EPSON and 120 inch projected image on the BenQ.
Epson can get you a 100 inch+ image at 11 feet.

I will any day prefer Epson in the midrange. Sony and JVC are a different league.

LCD projectors are prone to dust, but mostly it will be mounted and there is an air filter. Just clean periodically.

Epson is bright, pops color and replacement bulbs are reasonably priced.

BenQ is a good projector, too. That DLP sharpness is sweet. But doesn't pop like Epson.

Pop is different from over-saturation. The owners or the ones auditioned both brands can vouch.

I have heard focus uniformity issues with Epson 7100. In fact I sent my second 5650 back and asked for a replacement. First one works fine.

Last edited:
Epson can get you a 100 inch+ image at 11 feet.

I will any day prefer Epson in the midrange. Sony and JVC are a different league.

LCD projectors are prone to dust, but mostly it will be mounted and there is an air filter. Just clean periodically.

Epson is bright, pops color and replacement bulbs are reasonably priced.

BenQ is a good projector, too. That DLP sharpness is sweet. But doesn't pop like Epson.

Pop is different from over-saturation. The owners or the ones auditioned both brands can vouch.

I have heard focus uniformity issues with Epson 7100. In fact I sent my second 5650 back and asked for a replacement. First one works fine.

Yup i was referring to size at 1x gain, but seems like for short distances max zoom is not an issue either. Shortlisted the Epson itself

will be waiting to know your experience too.:)
Hi all, I got my 9400 installed.its really fun handling it every thing is motorised.lens can be adjusted like focus,sshift and zoom with the remote.still needs to go through the settings.
Brightness is v good clarity color reproduction is superb.skin tone is excellent with detailed picturisation.
For cieling mount distance is not a problem as it has 2.1 x zoom.for 150" screen it's about 15.7ft distance.
Compared to other projectors it's huge but once installed size doesn't matter much.
Even 1080 p movies which I had seen with my old pj appers more clearer .eg grass land scene on thin red line movie I could see blades of grass individually,much greener and detailed.
Atmos sound reproduction has improved may be because this is 4 k compared to 1080p.
Screen size can b altered with touch of a button to 2.35:1 giving us real cinema scope experience but 2.35:1 screen is expensive.this feature is not seen with other PJ's.

Hi all, I got my 9400 installed.its really fun handling it every thing is motorised.lens can be adjusted like focus,sshift and zoom with the remote.still needs to go through the settings.
Brightness is v good clarity color reproduction is superb.skin tone is excellent with detailed picturisation.
For cieling mount distance is not a problem as it has 2.1 x zoom.for 150" screen it's about 15.7ft distance.
Compared to other projectors it's huge but once installed size doesn't matter much.
Even 1080 p movies which I had seen with my old pj appers more clearer .eg grass land scene on thin red line movie I could see blades of grass individually,much greener and detailed.
Atmos sound reproduction has improved may be because this is 4 k compared to 1080p.
Screen size can b altered with touch of a button to 2.35:1 giving us real cinema scope experience but 2.35:1 screen is expensive.this feature is not seen with other PJ's.
Which screen are you using?

What was your earlier 1080p projector?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back