Suggestion to air condition a home theater?

I have not understood the love for Mitsubishi ACs ( Heavy )
Based on several reviews across, i bought 3 units, two for my home and one for my office. While they are good in cooling like others i have in my home, i found them extremely costly and devoid of any features which the competition offers. I want to know whats so good in these ACs.
Recently i wanted to buy a AC for my mom's bedroom( could have bought Mitsubishi heavy but i didnt coz i dont like throwing away money ), i ended up buying Lloyd which was considerably cheaper than Mitsubishi and i find no difference in its cooling.
I have one Carrier 2 Ton Inverter in my HT, which does the job. two Lloyd ACs and two Mitsubishi's in my home. All of them on the cooling front, do the job equally. As for me, i will never buy a Mitsubishi ever given how costly they are coz they are imported and dont have any kind of usable features, hell the remote doesnt even light up.
oh, and lastly the noise level, again i dont see a difference between Carrier, Lloyd or Mitsubishi.

We have not tried Lloyd, so cannot comment. Between Mitsubhishi Electric which we are using and Diakin, hands down Mitsubishi.
Carrier is also good but using a window unit so not fair to compare since it is noisy.
Using Mitsubishi Electric since 2018. So far, trouble free with consistent cooling and very silent till now with offcourse low fan speed.
The reason I like is because it is a no nonsense AC with no unnecessary features advertised. It does what it is supposed to do without being conspicuous. After sales service of Mitsubishu in our area at least is stellar.
Lastly I find the remote very responsive as compared to the others apart from Carrier. I guess our experiences could differ. From what the technician told me is that the parts are well made which I find true in the earlier Carrier AC too in my limited experience.
For some reason dont see much Lloyd's in Mumbai.

Based on several reviews across, i bought 3 units, two for my home and one for my office. While they are good in cooling like others i have in my home, i found them extremely costly and devoid of any features which the competition offers. I want to know whats so good in these ACs.
Recently i wanted to buy a AC for my mom's bedroom( could have bought Mitsubishi heavy but i didnt coz i dont like throwing away money ), i ended up buying Lloyd which was considerably cheaper than Mitsubishi and i find no difference in its cooling.
I have one Carrier 2 Ton Inverter in my HT, which does the job. two Lloyd ACs and two Mitsubishi's in my home. All of them on the cooling front, do the job equally. As for me, i will never buy a Mitsubishi ever given how costly they are coz they are imported and dont have any kind of usable features, hell the remote doesnt even light up.
oh, and lastly the noise level, again i dont see a difference between Carrier, Lloyd or Mitsubishi.
All that you posted is absolutely correct, but I would still go for the Mitsubishi Electric even Mitsubishi Heavy air conditioners.

Comparing Mitsubishi with Carrier or Lloyd is like comparing the Toyota Fortuner with MG Gloster or Skoda Kodiaq. The Gloster offers numerous bells and whistles and the Kodiaq, sedan-like driving dynamics and comfort. The Fortuner offers none of these, but it comes with bullet-proof reliability and peace of mind.

Don't know about Lloyd, but a Panasonic was running as silent and cooling as fast as a Mitsubishi in 2019. Now, after 4.5 years later it simply cannot match with the Mitsubishi unit anymore, despite the latter working more hours per day. Adjacent, identical (consulting) rooms, 1.5 tonnage, false ceiling and furniture.

Last edited:
All that you posted is absolutely correct, but I would still go for the Mitsubishi Electric even Mitsubishi Heavy air conditioners.

Comparing Mitsubishi with Carrier or Lloyd is like comparing the Toyota Fortuner with MG Gloster or Skoda Kodiaq. The Gloster offers numerous bells and whistles and the Kodiaq, sedan-like driving dynamics and comfort. The Fortuner offers none of these, but it comes with bullet-proof reliability and peace of mind.

Don't know about Lloyd, but a Panasonic was running as silent and cooling as fast as a Mitsubishi in 2019. Now, after 4.5 years later it simply cannot match with the Mitsubishi unit anymore, despite the latter working more hours per day. Adjacent, identical (consulting) rooms, 1.5 tonnage, false ceiling and furniture.
I have one Lloyd AC in my drawing room which is almost 10 years old. I had one Samsung which ran fine about almost 15 years and then it was replaced with a newer Lloyd in my mom's bedroom about which I posted earlier in my msg.
I'm not a fan of bells and whistles and I buy AC for one and one purpose only - cooling. But if the AC is feature rich it's well and good.
Mitsubishis are good, but others are good as well. With the insane cost they are charging I feel no sense in buying them anymore. I could've bought a Mitsubishi now instead of Lloyd but I did not. Just coz they are imported doesn't make better above the competition.

I had a Hitachi and replaced it with a Mitsubishi heavy and the cooling is better. And for the noise, Hitachi is quiet but Mitsubishi is even quieter. You can very well understand it if your AC is closer in an acoustically treated room and/or a room with very low noise floor.
How many years of warranty does Lloyd give for PCB?
As far as I know, brands like OGeneral, and Mitsubishi have some coating on the PCB to extend its life. BTU and ISEER ratings doesn't lie.
The priciest 1-ton Lloyd has a cooling capacity of 3580W and an airflow of 650 m³/h. But my Mitsubishi heavy is 3884 W and the airflow of 790 m³/h. These can be a small changes but have their share in performance.
Also, the Lloyd is the latest unit and Mitsubishi is 2 or more years old.
The price difference is 10K or so and the mitsubishi is imported and Lloyd is locally made.

Digressing from the topic of silent AC in the US, but wanted to share that Panasonic has been selling via its own website. We needed a large 2 tonne plus AC for the living room. After visiting the usual Croma, etc came across their website. Ordered their 2024 model 2.2 Tonne 4 star Inverter AI based AC for 68k. Bank discount was INR 8k. Surprisingly they offer bank discounts similar (or better than) to Amazon/Flipkart.
The delivery was done in 24 hrs and custom installation in another 24 hrs. Btw they also sell other appliances like OLED TVs, washing machines, etc via their website.

What needs to be considered is whether the performance or noise remains consistent with minor leeway after 5 to 7 years.
Whether an AC is imported or not does not matter, the quality should be good and price to performance should be justified over the years.

It does. For example Many were satisfied with the imported version of daikin but not the locally produced version.
There should be no difference actually. Imported or locally made. Daikin if mfgd here is under direct supervision of Daikin and the quality difference, if they are sincere shouldn't be any. Things don't work like that if things are made in India.
And the price difference is more than 10k. I got Lloyd 1.5ton for 33k and Mitsubishi 1ton selling for 45k.

There should be no difference actually. Imported or locally made. Daikin if mfgd here is under direct supervision of Daikin and the quality difference, if they are sincere shouldn't be any. Things don't work like that if things are made in India.
And the price difference is more than 10k. I got Lloyd 1.5ton for 33k and Mitsubishi 1ton selling for 45k.
I was comparing top-of-the-line products from both companies. I was told by many ac mechanics about daikin. They are no more good as they used to be.
How many years of warranty does lloyd give on their inverter ACs on PCB and compressor? Mitsubishi Heavy gives 5 and 10 years respectively.

I too was told by the dealer who had Daikin too among others that the locally manufactured ones are not good as the earlier ones. We are using Daikin at work . Its decent but not as good as Mitsubhishi.

I was comparing top-of-the-line products from both companies. I was told by many ac mechanics about daikin. They are no more good as they used to be.
How many years of warranty does lloyd give on their inverter ACs on PCB and compressor? Mitsubishi Heavy gives 5 and 10 years respectively.
5 years on the compressor, pcb I have no idea but searching online I read 5 years on pcb, however how true is that I don't know.
I even forgot how much warranty is on Mitsubishi, the dealer told that time I've forgotten now.
Daikin might have lowered the quality of their components but that must be all over but I refuse to believe that a company like Daikin or Hitachi or any reputed company will have quality differences in their products here and abroad unless they really want.
And tbh I've had multiple ACs in my rooms all these years so I have a general idea and I cannot say any AC unit excels in cooling over another in the cooling department. Performance wise they are the same to me, maybe it's me who can't find a difference.

My one friend has a Bluestar unit in his home which never performed well. He was so fed up with it that he was ready to throw it away but the service guys then finally repaired the unit and now it performs good. He has a very negative review on Bluestar.
And some people give very positive report on Bluestar.
I seriously think Mitsubishi has been overhyped. I personally use 3 of their ACs, let's see how they turn out. It's been more than a year and so far so good.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back