Suggestions for a 55 inch Full HD LED TV to buy in 2015

Which is the best 55 inch LED TV to buy as per my requierements above?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozilcasi

Planning to buy a Full HD LED TV for my home. Here are my requirements

Full HD LED TV that will play Airtel DTH HD smoothly

Wifi connectivity required to play youtube videos

Wall Mounted

Viewing distance - 9 feet

Budget - 1 Lakh+

Brand preference: LG, Sony , Samsung, Panasonic

What will it used for: Home casual viewing + sports, on regular d2H ( HD and non HD channels) + movies on and off + wifi for youtube

Features required - Backlit LED, 1080p(Full HD) Content Resolution, HDMI, USB (minimum 2 ports), Built in Wifi

Models that I am considering now : LG55UB850T , SONYW900B, SONYW950B, Sony BRAVIA KDL-50W800B, Samsung 55H6400, LG 55LB6500

Would be glad if you can give suggestions. I bought my last TV 6 years back and want to upgrade TV this year and if possible use the world cup offers as well

How much is the difference between a wifi model and a non-wifi model?

For around 2K you can get Chromecast and better still for $100 you can get Roku 3 which will let you stream over 1500 channels, a lot more than YouTube.

Do consider them instead of a wifi enabled smart TV.

Not sure of the latest models.

I have 2 Pana's but from a couple of years ago and they are still doing great. I have the ST50, but I don't see any ST series models on the Panasonic website anymore. Not sure what the replacement series is.

After doing a lot of research , I realized that my viewing distance was only 7-9 feet and it will be better to go for LG 50LB6500 or LG47LB6500. Some of the buying decisions that I considered are a part of Tv Buying Guide- LED, LCD, Plasma TV Buying Guide Online - Flipkart.com even though I came across this only at a later stage after making my decision

The reason was because of the fact that I had an LG TV for last 5 years which is working very well even now and SONY seems to be too low value for the money that is being paid.

Comparison of final models at LG 50LB6500 126 cm (50) LED TV vs LG 55LB6500 139 cm (55) LED TV vs LG 47LB6500 119 cm (47) LED TV vs LG 49UB850T 123 cm (49) LED TV: Compare Televisions: Flipkart.com.

fdoRIm0

There were some comments about poorer blacks for LB6500 but when I watched non manufacturing kind of videos, it seems to be too minute of a difference to watch out for.

Back