Suggestions for a SUBWOOFER

Dear all
Iam looking for a suitable subwoofer for my recently acquired Marantz SR5006 with TAGA 606SE 5.0 setup.
Iam little confused on compatible frequencies when i google for a sub. I have the below options and seek the audio Gurus suggestions to procure the rigjt one.
1) Polk PSW110 for 20K - 100 watt with 10 inch ( NEW PIECE)
2) Definitive Technology - powerfield subwoofer 300 watt for 12k @ 8 inch preowned.
3) Torvin SW 300 @ 35K - 12 inch with 300 watts.
4) TAGA Harminy SW10 @ 29 K
5) Warfdale D10 @ 28k

Please suggest me the best as per your reviews and experience.
Thanks in advance

Hello Sudhakar,

Could you please specify ur budget as we see a varied range of choice you have mentioned. Also, whats your preference - new over used, sealed/ported ?

Specs wise torvin looks decent but have not heard it so cant comment.

Try to audition Taga SW10. Its a very good sub at the price point.

Hello Sudhakar,

Could you please specify ur budget as we see a varied range of choice you have mentioned. Also, whats your preference - new over used, sealed/ported ?

Specs wise torvin looks decent but have not heard it so cant comment.

Try to audition Taga SW10. Its a very good sub at the price point.
I am not really sure on the technical difference between sealed and ported sub. But my preferance is 75% music and rarely for movies. Im ok to invest 30 k. Doesnt matter if new or pre owned.
Please suggest me should i go for sealed or ported Sub. Is TAGA SW10 sealed or ported?

If your preference is 75% music then why go for home theatre set up?
Now coming to your sub requirement, sealed sub will give you better performance for music so keeping that in mind look at sealed sub options but usually sealed subs are slightly costlier. What is the budget you are having in mind for the sub woofer?

If your preference is 75% music then why go for home theatre set up?
Now coming to your sub requirement, sealed sub will give you better performance for music so keeping that in mind look at sealed sub options but usually sealed subs are slightly costlier. What is the budget you are having in mind for the sub woofer?
30k is my budget for a sub

Dear all
Iam looking for a suitable subwoofer for my recently acquired Marantz SR5006 with TAGA 606SE 5.0 setup.
Iam little confused on compatible frequencies when i google for a sub. I have the below options and seek the audio Gurus suggestions to procure the rigjt one.
1) Polk PSW110 for 20K - 100 watt with 10 inch ( NEW PIECE)
2) Definitive Technology - powerfield subwoofer 300 watt for 12k @ 8 inch preowned.
3) Torvin SW 300 @ 35K - 12 inch with 300 watts.
4) TAGA Harminy SW10 @ 29 K
5) Warfdale D10 @ 28k

Please suggest me the best as per your reviews and experience.
Thanks in advance

You need to see what is the lowest freq the Front Speakers can output and try to get a sub which can output atleast 10hz lower .......

Audition where you can....very important.....

Check the space available in the room for sub placement then you can decide on the size....ported or not.

What sounds great at a dealers place may not sound that good at your place....be mindful of this aspect.

I personally use BIC America subs over the past 3 years now....had the H100ii and now since a year have the PL200...same has been hooked to a Marantz AVR SR series.

Prior to BIC America....used the Boston Acoustice ASW650 for almost 2 years.....

There are dedicated owner Threads of Yamaha, Taga, BIC America, Pioneer etc where first hand user experience and views is available.

Check all specs, size and price and then take the plunge

How old is Deftech 300?
If it's anything less than 2yrs buy it, its much better than other options.
Taga SW 10 or TSW 200 are other better options, avoid Polk Psw series, Polk DSW 550 is another good option for Music and Movies, but it'll be close to 36k, Bic America makes good Subs as well.

I am not really sure on the technical difference between sealed and ported sub. But my preferance is 75% music and rarely for movies. Im ok to invest 30 k. Doesnt matter if new or pre owned.
Please suggest me should i go for sealed or ported Sub. Is TAGA SW10 sealed or ported?
If your preference is for music, you should have opted for stereo amp.

Regarding your avr, you may have a sub for the avr, but don't use a sub for music from 2ch stereo amp, it is very difficult to integrate sub to the front BS/ FS speakers.

Hi,
I am looking for a subwoofer for my music/HT setup around Denon AVR X1200W with Q Acoustics 3020, will be putting up a 5.1 setup in a phased manner. Usage wise, it is 75% music and 25%movies. Budget would be below 30k. Had thought of Wharfedale D10 ( being sealed) and Taga tsw120 ( being cheaper). Please help me decide!!

Hi,
I am looking for a subwoofer for my music/HT setup around Denon AVR X1200W with Q Acoustics 3020, will be putting up a 5.1 setup in a phased manner. Usage wise, it is 75% music and 25%movies. Budget would be below 30k. Had thought of Wharfedale D10 ( being sealed) and Taga tsw120 ( being cheaper). Please help me decide!!
Hi Amit, it would be much better if you started a new thread.
I know it seems convenient since requirements are similar but it tends to only confuse everyone. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back