Suggestions for entry level audio gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucb

I am new to the hifi music and looking to buy my first audio gear. I have read posts on the forum here and elsewhere to get an idea of what could fit in my budget which is roughly around 70-80 INR. I live at hyderabad. I would like to audition if forum members have any suggestions at hyderabad where I can audition.

I mostly listen to old/new hindi, english and classical music (no rock/pop). Haven Senheiser hd202/Tribit StormBox Micro right now. I think I like warmer sound signature. Bright sound is fatiguing to me after some listening.

I came across q acoustic 3020i and reading about them seems to like them. I don't know what amps will they sound good. will they be good with Cambridge Audio axa25?
other one is diamond 12.2 and marantz pm6007. Are they good combo? They seems to hit upper range of my budget.
I am open to any other suggestions considering they should be available to purchase here in India :)
I would love to audition if get a suggestion on where

Welcome to the forum. :)
Please include these for audition as well.
Qacoustics 3030i
Castle knight 2
Mission QX-2
Monitor audio bronze series of speakers

As for the amps go, do check out NAD 316BEE as well.
For streaming, you can go with Allo boss 2.
If you want a DAC, check out Topping E30, schiit modi 3+ etc.
And if possible, put some money for basic acoustics. You will be rewarded massively.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. :)
Please include these for audition as well.
Qacoustics 3030i
Castle knight 2
Mission QX-2
Monitor audio bronze series of speakers

As for the amps go, do check out NAD 316BEE as well.
For streaming, you can go with Allo boss 2.
If you want a DAC, check out Topping E30, schiit modi 3+ etc.
And if possible, put some money for basic acoustics. You will be rewarded massively.
Thank you for the suggestions ajuvignesh. I will explore them a bit. Any idea where can I audition them at hyderabad?

Thank you for the suggestions ajuvignesh. I will explore them a bit. Any idea where can I audition them at hyderabad?
Welcome, ucb. I have no idea. Let other members chime in.

Last edited:
@ucb
Are you open to acquire used gear?
If yes:
- there is a pair of Wharfedale 11.2 in Mumbai (https://www.hifivision.com/threads/wharfedale-diamond-11-2-bookshelf-speakers.88083/)
- there is a Marantz PM7001-KI from Delhi (https://www.hifivision.com/threads/stereo-amplifier-marantz-pm-7001-ki-edition.88035/)
Add a streamer/DAC like Allo Boss and you have a very decent system

Ping the respective folks and ask them to hold for a few days until you can audition in Hyd.
Reach out to Hyd FMs to point you to local members who may have one or both of the above.

Tagging
@drkrack, @thedude, @Yelamanchili manohar

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi. Buying an audio system takes you down an experience which is unique. Amps, speakers, cables, sources( streamers,tt's, CD players) all have their unique sound signatures which come together in a carefully matched system, which is also influenced by the owners preferences for the sound he prefers. I would suggest you audition the equipment within your budget, then go ahead.

I am new to the hifi music and looking to buy my first audio gear. I have read posts on the forum here and elsewhere to get an idea of what could fit in my budget which is roughly around 70-80 INR. I live at hyderabad. I would like to audition if forum members have any suggestions at hyderabad where I can audition.

I mostly listen to old/new hindi, english and classical music (no rock/pop). Haven Senheiser hd202/Tribit StormBox Micro right now. I think I like warmer sound signature. Bright sound is fatiguing to me after some listening.

I came across q acoustic 3020i and reading about them seems to like them. I don't know what amps will they sound good. will they be good with Cambridge Audio axa25?
other one is diamond 12.2 and marantz pm6007. Are they good combo? They seems to hit upper range of my budget.
I am open to any other suggestions considering they should be available to purchase here in India :)
Only music interests you? Not movies?

@ucb Welcome!

please see https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...in-hyderabad-and-suggestion-for-movies.87789/ while the question was for HT, listed places like profx, cinebells etc carry stereo as well

Manohar should be able add you to Hyderabad whatsapp group to reach Hyderabad forum members

If you are open to used gear, I have some gear that fits in your budget and sound preference, you can barrow and try out.

If you are open to used gear, I have some gear that fits in your budget and sound preference, you can barrow and try out.
This is a wonderful gesture, and a rare opportunity!
@ucb ,If I were you I would snatch this generous offer to borrow the equipment and check out how the room sounds. Components will sound different in different rooms. This will help you get a general idea of what component to settle for.

Welcome@ucb here. Marantz wharefedal diamond combo or marantz q acoustic combo is good . Both the combos give warm sound signature . You may also consider Norge and wharefedal diamond combo. I have never used Norge but there are many happy users of this indian brand in our forum. I have been using marantz wharefedal diamond combo and I am more than happy. Before buying audition and then decide.
Regards

Warm welcome @ucb .
You could think of Indiq Bookshelf speakers . These are very nice speakers with excellent mids. It would suit the music that you like. Couple these with Norge 1000 integrated and you are set within the budget you have.
Regards
Lokesh

This is a wonderful gesture, and a rare opportunity!
@ucb ,If I were you I would snatch this generous offer to borrow the equipment and check out how the room sounds. Components will sound different in different rooms. This will help you get a general idea of what component to settle for.

when i was in similar state 2 years back, when i switched from headphones to stereo, @Yelamanchili manohar and @thedude gave me Parasounsd halo and Luxman for me to try out :cool:, just doing my bit though my gear is not is not in same legue

@ucb you many also want to check https://www.eight-audio.com/ in Gachiwoli, they use SB acoustics drivers, best value for money and great sounding as well

dali spektor 2 with fx audio m160e amplifier is a pretty good combo for the price unless you need a sub out for a subwoofer in your system.

Hi @ucb

Welcome to the forum :)

Iam an unabashed Qacoustics fan boy :D

The above said. I see that you like a warm sound. But there are some combinations that might get just too warm and laid back in the end. So the degree of warmth is a very personal preference to be honest. Only way to find out is by having a listen before you buy. Luckily there are a lot us in hyderabad with very varied musical tastes and systems. So please feel free to drop in for a listen and see what you like.

As @muralimmreddy has suggested, if you can PM me your number, I can add up your goodselves to our hyderabad WhatsApp group to sync up with members for a listen. All the best :)

@ucb +1 to that list - qacoustic fan boy here too.

Lots of great suggestion already. Used gear is a great way to get higher end gear with a tight budget - most of us started there or still use some. If you get used gear from reliable sources - nothing beats that.

The following combos work great and barring few listeners generally work for most - especially as a starting point -
audiolab - qacoustics - wharfedale
marantz - wharfedale

***audition is the best way to go.

Even at entry level, my experience has been - when you like what you hear AND can afford it. Remember to hear the speakers, amp and source all together.

An amp or speaker at one location or at a friend is not going to sound the same with a different amp or speaker. Good luck on your journey.

@ucb Welcome!

please see https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...in-hyderabad-and-suggestion-for-movies.87789/ while the question was for HT, listed places like profx, cinebells etc carry stereo as well

Manohar should be able add you to Hyderabad whatsapp group to reach Hyderabad forum members

Bro kindly add me to Hyd group as well, am new to this audiophile but reading all forum discussions so gaining as much knowledge as I can:)

Hi @ucb

Welcome to the forum :)

The above said. I see that you like a warm sound. But there are some combinations that might get just too warm and laid back in the end. So the degree of warmth is a very personal preference to be honest. Only way to find out is by having a listen before you buy. Luckily there are a lot us in hyderabad with very varied musical tastes and systems. So please feel free to drop in for a listen and see what you like.

As @muralimmreddy has suggested, if you can PM me your number, I can add up your goodselves to our hyderabad WhatsApp group to sync up with members for a listen. All the best :)
Hey can you add me too bro am from Hyd, planning for a home theatre in a new house of mine in the coming 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back