Suggestions for my First Hifi setup

In my view, the open space isn’t the real issue here, but the distance at which you are sitting would be the problem. Like I mentioned earlier to listen anything with a proper stereo effect, you have to sit somewhere in the middle of the two speakers. As the distance increases since your walls are untreated, there is a possibility that the reflections would add up to kill this effect by the time it reaches you.

I am no longer a Kef fan, but a pair of R3 or R7 would work in your room better than traditional speakers due to their narrow directivity beams sound to the front more compared to traditional speakers. Also, this speaker is works well with eq to correct the response to your room. Also look at revel f35 or f36- they sound wider but still has good directivity but radiation towards ceiling and floor is not even on this speaker but still would work better than traditional brands in this space.

For a treated room, or with proper listening space dimensions other speakers would work.

Please audition a pair of kefs r series near to a reflecting walls (not in a treated room)in a showroom against some regular boxes.
Thanks for the suggestions. Any place in delhi you know where I could audition these?

Thanks for the suggestions. Any place in delhi you know where I could audition these?
A quick google search gave me the address of Pro fx. These speakers doesn’t have shimmering highs as opposed to many similarly priced speakers but they are designed that way for a purpose. So first it may sound dull in comparison but at the same time it’s in the category of speakers whose room interactions are fixable by a eq or a DSP. For a living room, my budget would be always split on a DSP, amps and speakers. In your case your left and right speakers need to sound different to sound similar at the listening spot. So you may need different EQs on left and right channels and believe it transforms the listening experience to a much higher level.

Without eq switching left and right from your listening spot would give you two different sounds due to difference in refelwctions from left and right side walls and furnitures. In a proper listening room which many of the folks here has, this is less of an issue.

A quick google search gave me the address of Pro fx. These speakers doesn’t have shimmering highs as opposed to many similarly priced speakers but they are designed that way for a purpose. So first it may sound dull in comparison but at the same time it’s in the category of speakers whose room interactions are fixable by a eq or a DSP. For a living room, my budget would be always split on a DSP, amps and speakers. In your case your left and right speakers need to sound different to sound similar at the listening spot. So you may need different EQs on left and right channels and believe it transforms the listening experience to a much higher level.

Without eq switching left and right from your listening spot would give you two different sounds due to difference in refelwctions from left and right side walls and furnitures. In a proper listening room which many of the folks here has, this is less of an issue.
A MiniDSP Flex or any other auto room EQ would work wonders.

Another option is go with an integrated Amp that incorporates it such as the NAD 369, NAD 399, or Arcam SA30.

Audio Co. has NAD if I'm not mistaken but then again, strange that they don't have a listening Tom/auditions available.

A MiniDSP Flex or any other auto room EQ would work wonders.

Another option is go with an integrated Amp that incorporates it such as the NAD 369, NAD 399, or Arcam SA30.

Audio Co. has NAD if I'm not mistaken but then again, strange that they don't have a listening Tom/auditions available.
Thanks! Any AVR that could do the same job?

To
The OP

Some suggestions
Given by Db1989

"Multiple subwoofers"
This sir will be an actual NEED or requirement for your room
I understand you may not have the budget right now
But you will eventually need 2 subwoofers in that room at minimum

The
Polk audio reserve 700 series that db1988 mentioned is an
Excellent choice for this room ( actually a superb speaker for any large room steroeo or HT ) but i think that's a 2.7 lac rs speaker here in india
( a bit high by international standards )
Look at speakers that compete with this speaker and are avaible at better prices
Check reviews who compare this speaker with counterparts in that class and category
( The 3030, smaller kefs and smaller focaks won't work here )
You may want to sacrifice absolute finesse for power handling , and spl which is more important in your case
Hence choose speaker accordingly
( Speaker that is easier to drive and will play louder and fulller with the resources ( avr ) you have )

You will need some good power on the AVR
So you can't skimp there as well

Unfortunately a large room comes with large kharcha

The AVR is your engine
For the speakers
It will need to have enough juice to fill your room
Most of them are 80-90 RMS
0.08 thd only 2 channels driven

So you can guess what the specs become when they are driving more than 2 channels

The minimum avr you are looking at is a 100 RMS ( 2 channel driven - spec )

Start small
Dont start wrong

Proper powered AVR
With large fronts is where you start

Then add a sub

Then add another sub

Then a centre

Then the surrounds

This should be your path as an when you get the budget

Hi,
I have 2 options for you considering the setup you are looking for considering best used case scenario:
1. If you want to go for ELAC you should consider complete set of Uni-Fi Reference 2.0. (Needs very good and powerful matching Amplifiers considering the lower sensitivity of the stack).
2. IndiqAudio Home Theater setup. (unbelievably amazing at the price point).

Many people talking HT.
Main funda here is room too big and unneven.. And TV seems miles away😞.

How do u watch? Keep minimal setup there
A local brand like clarion will give Tu bit bassy audio for movie.

In the sitting area high Q bookshelf with stereo amp is one good good option..
It can be at a side

Hi,
I have 2 options for you considering the setup you are looking for considering best used case scenario:
1. If you want to go for ELAC you should consider complete set of Uni-Fi Reference 2.0. (Needs very good and powerful matching Amplifiers considering the lower sensitivity of the stack).
2. IndiqAudio Home Theater setup. (unbelievably amazing at the price point).
Can I audition IndiqAudio in Delhi NCR?

Many people talking HT.
Main funda here is room too big and unneven.. And TV seems miles away😞.

How do u watch? Keep minimal setup there
A local brand like clarion will give Tu bit bassy audio for movie.

In the sitting area high Q bookshelf with stereo amp is one good good option..
It can be at a side

TV seems miles away😞.
Yeah it's 12 ft from listening/viewing position

Hi guys,

I am new to hifi world...need help to decide on my first setup.
I have a fairly large room of 20*16 ft(pictures attached) and seating position would be atleast 10-12 ft from speakers/TV. Room is kind of an open hall cum living room.
I have an 65 inch sony Oled TV and would mostly be watching movies/ott series and casual music listening..60 to 40 ratio of movies to music.
I have shortlisted the below but now sure as this would be my first speakers ever and I am not an audiophile...I want my music to sound good, balanced(not over the top bass or treble) bit a tight punchy bass and smooth enough highs.

Please suggest speakers(preferably floor standing) and compatible AVR under a budget of 2-2.5 lakh including AVR.

So far with my limited knowledge, I am considering these:
Evo 4.4
Linton
Paradigm premier 800f
Elac debut 6.2

Note that these are just based on youtube reviews...I have not audioned any of them yet. I live in Delhi ncr region.

Thanks
Deepak

View attachment 72984View attachment 72985
The placement of the right speaker in the room, as has previously been mentioned by others, could be a major problem. Not all Towers or Bookshelves can stand being so near the corner. The best course of action is to borrow any speaker from a friend for a day and test it. Showroom or perfect placement audition will not really help you since many of them will sound totally different in the actual room. Many showrooms experiment a lot with various, very expensive cable kinds and gear positioning to achieve their desired sounds. You must see for yourself how well the speakers and amp work together and function in a live setting.

Hi Deepak,

You may also consider the Sound by design team: in Gurgaon. Their website is www.WattHiFi.com.

They have all the major European AV and stereo stuff including tube amplifiers from several bands. I recently got my Cayin tube amplifier from them and loved their customer-centric attitude.

Here I am after another audition. I auditioned Dali Oberon 7 & 9 paired with Maranz 5105. Demo room was not acousticaly treated, with just a carpet rolled on the floor. One side had a glass partition and other had ply.
Both the Dalis gave up(distorted) when I cranked up the volume. Also the bass sounded boomy.
Then they plugged in a Dali mentor 8 tower speakers(used ones, which have been put on sale by a customer) and they sounded great. Bass was tight and highs were not harsh. Vocals were clear and great imaging.
The store owner heaped high praise on mentor 8 and told me that these are speakers worth 6-7 lakhs. The price quoted was 2.7 lakhs but he said he could give it for 2.3 lakhs.
Next I auditioned SVS Prime Pinnacle towers.
And I just loved it, felt like this is the one I had been waiting for. Such clear vocals, great soundstage and tight bass. This is the first speakers I absolutely loved. Final Price quoted is 2.10 lakhs. Please let me know if it is worth the price and also if it would be suit my future expansion needs to set up a HT system for movies?
Unfortunately I couldn't audition Polk reseve R700 as it wasn't available with any dealer. Really wanted to audition it as it has been suggested by many on this forum. Could anybody compare it with SVS pinnacle?
Also, does anybody know about Dali mentor 8 speakers? Is it worth considering? It's used and 4 years old but sound really good.

Here I am after another audition. I auditioned Dali Oberon 7 & 9 paired with Maranz 5105. Demo room was not acousticaly treated, with just a carpet rolled on the floor. One side had a glass partition and other had ply.
Both the Dalis gave up(distorted) when I cranked up the volume. Also the bass sounded boomy.
Then they plugged in a Dali mentor 8 tower speakers(used ones, which have been put on sale by a customer) and they sounded great. Bass was tight and highs were not harsh. Vocals were clear and great imaging.
The store owner heaped high praise on mentor 8 and told me that these are speakers worth 6-7 lakhs. The price quoted was 2.7 lakhs but he said he could give it for 2.3 lakhs.
Next I auditioned SVS Prime Pinnacle towers.
And I just loved it, felt like this is the one I had been waiting for. Such clear vocals, great soundstage and tight bass. This is the first speakers I absolutely loved. Final Price quoted is 2.10 lakhs. Please let me know if it is worth the price and also if it would be suit my future expansion needs to set up a HT system for movies?
Unfortunately I couldn't audition Polk reseve R700 as it wasn't available with any dealer. Really wanted to audition it as it has been suggested by many on this forum. Could anybody compare it with SVS pinnacle?
Also, does anybody know about Dali mentor 8 speakers? Is it worth considering? It's used and 4 years old but sound really good.
Hi guys, any suggestions or reactions?
To my knowledge, at no point of time was the Mentor going for 6-7 lakhs unless a seller found a mark 😂

The price of the Prime Pinnacle in the States is approx 1.4L so that's almost a 50% premium.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back