Suggestions for my First Hifi setup

Find another dealer, else take the plunge. The heart wants what it wants! Who am i to state otherwise? 😊
How much discount(in percentage) should i be expecting from dealers? Any rough/average figure that dealers can go down to? I don't have a reference point so i don't know how much should i settle in for? Please help me as i am getting calls from the dealers i went for audition and i don't have any idea what should i tell them.

How much discount(in percentage) should i be expecting from dealers? Any rough/average figure that dealers can go down to? I don't have a reference point so i don't know how much should i settle in for? Please help me as i am getting calls from the dealers i went for audition and i don't have any idea what should i tell them.
That entirely depends on your negotiation and research skills. Many a times, I've not asked for a discount if the price was right. I usually consider US/UK prices as a good benchmark.

I let go of SVS prime pinnacle as it is overpriced as compared to USD and no dealer is offering less than 2.10 lakhs which is beyond my budget.
Next in line is Polk R700 for which the best prive being quoted for 1.8lk (usd is 2200 on amazon) by one of the dealers in Noida.
Please let me know if it is the right price?
Also Denon avr-x3700h am getting at 1.2 lakh.
Are these price OK?

I let go of SVS prime pinnacle as it is overpriced as compared to USD and no dealer is offering less than 2.10 lakhs which is beyond my budget.
Next in line is Polk R700 for which the best prive being quoted for 1.8lk (usd is 2200 on amazon) by one of the dealers in Noida.
Please let me know if it is the right price?
Also Denon avr-x3700h am getting at 1.2 lakh.
Are these price OK?
You can get 3700 for 1.12L with bill and warranty, my cousin got it last week. Feel free to PM me for more details

I have zeroed in SVS prime pinnacle & Polk R700 tower speakers with Denon AVR x3700h. Could you guys help me select one of the two speakers?
Does anyone have experience with either or both and help me decide which one I should finally go for? R700 is costing me 10k cheaper but I am unable to decide.

I would think of getting a better amp as the specs for both speakers make them seem like a harder than average load to drive. If you still wish to use the above amplifier then look for speakers with a minimum impedance of 5-6ohm so as to keep yourself and the amplifer smiling.

I have zeroed in SVS prime pinnacle & Polk R700 tower speakers with Denon AVR x3700h. Could you guys help me select one of the two speakers?
Does anyone have experience with either or both and help me decide which one I should finally go for? R700 is costing me 10k cheaper but I am unable to decide.
If you have tested both of them using AVR, choose the option that most appeals to you. AVRs typically don't maximise the performance of the speakers.

I would think of getting a better amp as the specs for both speakers make them seem like a harder than average load to drive. If you still wish to use the above amplifier then look for speakers with a minimum impedance of 5-6ohm so as to keep yourself and the amplifer smiling.
So which AVR would you recommend for these speakers?

The prime pinnacle is nominally rated at 8ohms which is a standard load. Do try and figure out its minimum impedance.

Nevertheless, a Denon X4700H would have no problems driving it, especially if you cross it with a sub.

Personally, i didn't like Denon's sound signature for music. For an AVR with a musical bent, checkout Marantz if you havent heard it already. I know many an FM (including me) who are perfectly happy listening to music through them while driving 4 or 6ohm speakers. Yes, a similarly priced IA would do better but an AVR would suffice. For Marantz, look at 60xx and up or the new cinema series.

Last edited:
My use case is 60% movies and 40% music so I would need an AVR.
Powerwise, Denon 3700/4700 would be adequate as long as they work well with the speakers and your preferred listening style. Since your preference is for watching movies, a subwoofer is needed to deliver the deep bass and rumble as stated by FMs. Bass presents acoustical issues that need to be tamed, but that would be the next step after purchasing an AVR and speakers

Powerwise, Denon 3700/4700 would be adequate as long as they work well with the speakers and your preferred listening style. Since your preference is for watching movies, a subwoofer is needed to deliver the deep bass and rumble as stated by FMs. Bass presents acoustical issues that need to be tamed, but that would be the next step after purchasing an AVR and speakers
With most IA's, that'd be a problem.

With an AVR however, Room EQ would tackle it.

If I'm not mistaken, the new line-up of Marantz AVRs get DIRAC also in addition to Audyssey XT32.

With most IA's, that'd be a problem.

With an AVR however, Room EQ would tackle it.

If I'm not mistaken, the new line-up of Marantz AVRs get DIRAC also in addition to Audyssey XT32.
I would 🤞 on how well AVRs can tackle bass issues. If his budget permits, he should go for new age AVRs

The prime pinnacle is nominally rated at 8ohms which is a standard load. Do try and figure out its minimum impedance.
Came across this lab report from hifinews website, thanking them for their hardwork.

Going by the images you shared in the first post for the preferred placement, I would rather keep this avr or a similarly priced marantz/yamaha and spend more on the centre+sub and less on the left and right channel speakers.
Spend initially more part of the budget(or allocate more) on the centre speaker and the subwoofer along with the AVR as I find them to have a role thats more important in a home theatre setup.
Given your preference is more for movies over music and the avr won't really get the best out of the speakers anyway you can opt for a decent pair of floorstanders instead of spending more of the budget on them.

Came across this lab report from hifinews website, thanking them for their hardwork.

Going by the images you shared in the first post for the preferred placement, I would rather keep this avr or a similarly priced marantz/yamaha and spend more on the centre+sub and less on the left and right channel speakers.
Spend initially more part of the budget(or allocate more) on the centre speaker and the subwoofer along with the AVR as I find them to have a role thats more important in a home theatre setup.
Given your preference is more for movies over music and the avr won't really get the best out of the speakers anyway you can opt for a decent pair of floorstanders instead of spending more of the budget on them.
My max budget is 3 lakh and within this budget I want to buy AVR and a pair of good floorstanders...center and sub will come in later(maybe 6months to an year later).
Or the other route could be a good bookshelf and AVR and then add sub+center later.

My max budget is 3 lakh and within this budget I want to buy AVR and a pair of good floorstanders...center and sub will come in later(maybe 6months to an year later).
Or the other route could be a good bookshelf and AVR and then add sub+center later.
Have you auditioned any bookshelf + center + sub setup?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back