Suggestions for Native 4K projectors

Out of the above options, get
Either BenQ X12000H
Or JVC DLA-NX7.

Make sure the projector is calibrated by a certified professional.
BenQ X12000H is not a native 4k projector

JVC has another native 4K projector for 6K$ - NX5

Its native 4k..
E-shift has half the pixels of native 4k.
Actually I read about it.
Its the picture on screen that counts and not the chip.
Earlier, the e-shift created 4 million pixels.
The new 4k dlp chip produces 8.3 million pixels. So this is indistinguishable from a native 4k even from super close distance.
By super close I mean 1 feet from the screen or even lesser.

Of this lot - JVC is very hard to beat on black levels, contrast and picture quality. While Sony is good, its still distant second. Others are meh, as far as these two parameters.

I would stick with JVC if its in budget. Make sure you have a very light controlled room to get the best of your projector.

Its native 4k..
E-shift has half the pixels of native 4k.
Its not, none of the e-shift projectors are native 4K, the max resolution they can produce is 3840 x 2160 which is UHD 4K
Please read the specifications.
A native 4K projector is supposed to produce 4K resolution ( 4096 x 2160) without any lens shifting/Pixel shifting technology ( Natively producing 4K resolution )

Last edited:
Actually I read about it.
Its the picture on screen that counts and not the chip.
Earlier, the e-shift created 4 million pixels.
The new 4k dlp chip produces 8.3 million pixels. So this is indistinguishable from a native 4k even from super close distance.
By super close I mean 1 feet from the screen or even lesser.

Consumer 4K is 3840 x 2160 which is UHD 4K

"This differs from the similar shifting technique that JVC and Epson use in their LCOS and LCD “4K” projectors. Those designs use 1920 x 1080 chips. Do the math, rounding off to the nearest million, and you get 2 million pixels on the screen before the shift, then 4 million after. With TI’s new 2176 x 1528 chip, the results are4 million pixels before the shift and8 million after.
It’s important to understand that for a shift using 1920 x 1080 chips, the total number of pixels must be downconverted, before being displayed, from the native 8 million to 4 million. The video processing used for this downconversion might be done well (and in our experience, it is), but you don’t get all of the original 8 million pixels on the screen. The TI chip, together with shifting, displays them all, though not at the same time. Optoma refers to a projector with this chip as providing 4K Ultra High Definition, a claim you might deem to be correct or dubious, depending on your point of view. But, its ability to hit that 8 million pixel threshold is what officially qualifies it as a 4K display by the Consumer Technology Association."

I'm using Optoma UHD 65 for the past one year

Its not, none of the e-shift projectors are native 4K, the max resolution they can produce is 3840 x 2160 which is UHD 4K
Please read the specifications.
A native 4K projector is supposed to produce 4K resolution ( 4096 x 2160) without any lens shifting/Pixel shifting technology ( Natively producing 4K resolution )
I corrected my statement. In next post.

Native 4k is 8.9 million pixels and uhd is 8.3 million pixels.
So it won't matter.
E-SHIFT mattered to some extent but not uhd.

I corrected my statement. In next post.

Native 4k is 8.9 million pixels and uhd is 8.3 million pixels.
So it won't matter.
It’s all about how they managed to get the 8 million pixel mark. And what about the resolution? Please read the difference between UHD 4K and Native 4K.

JVC is currently having a lot of issues. Please read before buying. I was going to buy a JVC and then was advised by my dealer to put it on hold until they resolve their issues.

what sort of issues are you referring to? I have a JVC 540RS and it's incredible - best blacks I have ever seen on a projector. My frame of comparison is my LG OLED (reference quality for blacks).

I am aware that they had an issue with a part supplied by a 3rd party in the initial batch of the new NX series. Is this what you are referring to? AFAIK, the new series is on backorder for months.

Have you ppl used a 4k projector. From what I have seen, the distance between screen and seating in a PJ set up is large (15 feet in my case). At that distance I can barely notice a difference between 720p and 1080p unless my Epson upscales 720p to 1080p. I also didn't do a side by side comparison but I find it hard to distinguish between a 4k and FHD projector from that distance in movies. If its a specially made 4k demo film like we see in TV showrooms, it could make a difference. The difference between a 4k TV and 1080p TV is quite apparent due to the viewing distance (may be) but not so much noticeable in a PJ. I auditioned the Epson 4k PJ but honestly didn't feel that I was missing something compared to a 1080p PJ.

Hi all, I have finally decided to go for the JVC NX7 only, at a cost of 7.2 lacs. Thanks for all the help!

Do let me know in case I need to consider anything else before I place my order!

Hi all, I have finally decided to go for the JVC NX7 only, at a cost of 7.2 lacs. Thanks for all the help!

Do let me know in case I need to consider anything else before I place my order!

NX7 will be a fantastic projector. From everything I have read, it hits the sweet spot in the lineup - very close to the performance of the NX9. Congratulations on your purchase!

Btw, which dealer did you end up buying it from?

NX7 will be a fantastic projector. From everything I have read, it hits the sweet spot in the lineup - very close to the performance of the NX9. Congratulations on your purchase!

Btw, which dealer did you end up buying it from?

Thank you! I have just finalized it, I will update on which dealer I finally decide to go with.

Thank you! I have just finalized it, I will update on which dealer I finally decide to go with.
I can give you JVC DLA-NX7 projector at 15% discount. Price includes THX calibration.

For further details contact on 7660004601, WhatsApp is preferable.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back