Suggestions needed for Samsung 43KU6470 OR LG 43UH650T OR Sony KD-43X8500C

I have some question..so if i connect any input video of 120hz does 43KU6470 play it? or does 43KU6470 play all formats like blue ray,video games..etc of vidoes smoothly without any issues? The last thing i want see it not playing videos..and regret of buying it :)

Many sites suggest to buy a TV of at least 120hz, iam concerned 43KU6470 is only 60hz.
Or should i consider sony 8500C/D?
Please suggest

Sorry. I am not an expert on digital formats.

43KU6470 seems better than SONY 43W830D (2016 ed. Also note it does not have X1 processor unlike its 2015 version 43X850C) Since it can support DOLBY ATMOS sound HW-K950 manufactured by SAMSUNG, perhaps the only sound bar with DOLBY ATMOS technology). Today I have made direct conversation with the Samsung-INDIA personal regarding compatability issue & they assured me for hassle free combination. Though K-950 is not available till date in INDIA, it is expecting in near future.

43KU6470 seems better than SONY 43W830D (2016 ed. Also note it does not have X1 processor unlike its 2015 version 43X850C) Since it can support DOLBY ATMOS sound HW-K950 manufactured by SAMSUNG, perhaps the only sound bar with DOLBY ATMOS technology). Today I have made direct conversation with the Samsung-INDIA personal regarding compatability issue & they assured me for hassle free combination. Though K-950 is not available till date in INDIA, it is expecting in near future.

Samsung K950 sound bar will not be introduced in India, at least till Q4 2017.

Here is my review 43KU6470:

1. HD channels just look amazing on my Airtel DTH. Be aware the DTH channels look more good when you connect it to a dedicated STB at your home than the shared connections used in the store.

2. White and black colors are perfectly displayed and are very pure.Dark scenes look great in this tv.

3. The colors are very pure and very cleanly displayed , may be the reason due to the new active crystal color technology in it.

4.I can see wide range of colors in the display.

5.The brightness on the screen is amazing.Though some times it gets over bright in few cases, may be my eyes need to adapt to it.

6. SD channels also looked good, though need to increase your viewing distance little bit.

7.The remote control just looks simple, though it could be still better with dedicated number keys.

8. HD,4k videos on youtube are superb on this tv.

9. The upscale engine definitely seems to be up scaling the content and is great to watch.

10. First time iam using a smart tv, the apps on samsung store are very few when compared to mobile google play which has lakhs of apps. Not sure if this is the same for sony's android,LG..etc .

11. Played few HDR videos they looked amazing on this tv, each portion of the video has its own contrast (i believe that's wat is HDR all about dynamic range) and this TV did really well in playing HDR too.

12. Overall, this tv will bring in a visual treat into your home. and is better than sony and others.

Last edited:

1. HD channels just look amazing on my Airtel DTH. Be aware the DTH channels look more good when you connect it to a dedicated STB at your home than the shared connections used in the store.

2. White and black colors are perfectly displayed and are very pure.Dark scenes look great in this tv.

3. The colors are very pure and very cleanly displayed , may be the reason due to the new active crystal color technology in it.

5.The brightness on the screen is amazing.Though some times it gets over bright in few cases, may be my eyes need to adapt to it.

6. SD channels also looked good, though need to increase your viewing distance little bit.

7.The remote control just looks simple, though it could be still better with dedicated number keys.

9. The upscale engine definitely seems to be up scaling the content and is great to watch.

10. First time iam using a smart tv, the apps on samsung store are very few when compared to mobile google play which has lakhs of apps. Not sure if this is the same for sony's android,LG..etc .

11. Played few HDR videos they looked amazing on this tv, each portion of the video has its own contrast (i believe that's wat is HDR all about dynamic range) and this TV did really well in playing HDR too.

12. Overall, this tv will bring in a visual treat into your home. and is better than sony and others.

Congrats on your purchase!

I have had too much of confusion on this one against Sony x8300d and finally made up my mind and purchased Sony :)

Main reason being the TV is going to be in Living room and need better viewing angles(which Sony had) and I felt the brightness levels of Samsung could bother considering the short viewing distance on my living room.

The TV is getting delivered today. Will post pictures and review tomorrow.

@suren,

you mean samsung brightness is more? if so cant that be adjusted for our requirements?

Yes, ofcourse. Can be adjusted.. However, the brightness of Samsung LEDs are comparatively brighter than Sony's. I somehow felt comfortable with Sony for long hours of watching. I spent about 1+ hours on showroom watching several videos that I have got on my pen drive.

I really wanted to buy Samsung coz of its features but then considering few aspects on the placement of TV, I chose to go with Sony.

Congrats & Thanks for your review!

If possible could you post few pics of the tv front back and remote.
Is there any backlight bleed in dark scenes?

Can you pl inform whether 43ku6470 has inbuilt STB or not? if yer, is it HD or 4K type Set Top Box?
(Indeed, I saw this feature in Samsung's 2016 Catalog)

It costs 82k in Mumbai, but I received a special diplomat discount of Rs 9k. Only Airtel DTH offer. Nothing special.

Can you pl inform what kind of HDMI does your 43KU6470 contains among HDMI 1 (max LPCM audio channel: 8), HDMI 1.4 (max LPCM audio channel: 8) & HDMI 2 (max LPCM audio channel: 32)?

For Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 (10 channel) connectivity issue is imp for wired connectivity.

Is there any HDCP 2.2 (new wireless gear)?

I'm bothered with audio (3D) as well, since one cannot enjoy 4K video except the proper audio system.

Today I got 68K for 43KU6470 along with the current Festive Offers (15 Sep - 5 Nov) from local dealers ( ...it is further negotiable, at least a little bit). [Dealer Price (DP): 81.9K with an additional discount of 17% = 68K]

Please sugggest me best 4k modal..I found that 43KU6470 and Sony 43X8500C are goood modals.

If you guys any idea ,let me know which one is good.

Thanks.

Guys i am planning to buy best 4k LED TV .I have also found that 43KU6470 and Sony X5300C are good to buy.

Could you please suggest best one modal among above 2 modals.Thanks

Iam planning to buy 43KU6470 ? Can anyone using this already share your feedback?What is the refresh rate of Samsung 43KU6470.

In hyd the price for 43KU6470 is arnd 71k...what price did u guys get?

+n70me - Bro Did you buy this TV and what is your experience...:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back