suren

Looking to buy 43" TV. Would like to have below features:

1. 4K Panel
2. Smart
3. Better black levels
4. Better refresh rate

Zeroed down to these three models

Samsung 43KU6470 | LG 43UH650T | Sony KD-43X8500C

Haven't tried the samsung one. But confused between LG & Sony. Could anyone please advise!

If u want better black levels than don't go for lg as it has ips panel which doesn't provide good contrast, I would suggest you to go for samsung as its os tizen is much better than sony's android os, samsung has the best black levels and it plays most formats than sony.

Iam planning to buy 43KU6470 ? Can anyone using this already share your feedback?What is the refresh rate of Samsung 43KU6470.

In hyd the price for 43KU6470 is arnd 71k...what price did u guys get?

In Bangalore Reliance store the price Quoted,

1)43''KU6470=84000/-
2)49''KU6470=129900/-
3)55''KU6470=169900/-

The price is negotiable as per store manager...

Hope we get better price.

The picture Quality is Very good compare to sony 4k side by side comparison with same 4k Video...

Hope we get better price this Diwali 2016 offer.

I demo'ed the below two.

LG UH650T - 65K both in LG showroom and in croma. With 2 year LG warranty + 1 year insurance.

Sony X8300D - 81900 in croma.

Among these two, Sony just stood out in every aspect. Best in detailing, best in Clarity.

Demo'ed KU6570, the curved version of KU6470 in Adishwar. Price was Rs. 84K further negotiable. The picture in this was more life like. Sony W8300D was rich in color and depth.

Me being a fan of Sony panels, KU6570 impressed me as it was pleasant to watch. Will be demo'ing KU6470 this evening and update this thread

I demo'ed the below two.

LG UH650T - 65K both in LG showroom and in croma. With 2 year LG warranty + 1 year insurance.

Sony X8300D - 81900 in croma.

Among these two, Sony just stood out in every aspect. Best in detailing, best in Clarity.

Demo'ed KU6570, the curved version of KU6470 in Adishwar. Price was Rs. 84K further negotiable. The picture in this was more life like. Sony W8300D was rich in color and depth.

Me being a fan of Sony panels, KU6570 impressed me as it was pleasant to watch. Will be demo'ing KU6470 this evening and update this thread
any idea the prices for the 49" models of the same brands?

Hi guys

Iam planning to buy Samsung 43 inch , ku6470.primary purpose would be dth and blue ray movies. Please suggest if it is a good buy. Also what is the refresh rate of this model I don't find this on Samsung website.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys

Iam planning to buy Samsung 43 inch , ku6470.primary purpose would be dth and blue ray movies. Please suggest if it is a good buy. Also what is the refresh rate of this model I don't find this on Samsung website.

Thanks in advance

It is definitely a good buy. Side by side comparison with Sony X83D, the picture on KU6470 is more realistic. I compared both on 'Standard' picture mode. On 'Movie' mode, Sony was better.

I'm still confused to pick one between Sony X83D & Samsung KU6470.

The samsung website says "Motion Rate 120" (Notice no Hz). According to this article, The truth about Ultra HD 4K TV refresh rates - CNET, it is intercepted that the motion rate 120 can be read as 60 Hz. Whereas all Sony's 4K TVs are 120 Hz.

I'd suggest to pick a blu-ray video of your choice, take it to a retailer and ask the sales person to play them on both TVs and decide.

I own the Samsung 43ku6470 and can confirm that it's a 60 Hz native panel interpolated to a high refresh rate.

It costs 82k in Mumbai, but I received a special diplomat discount of Rs 9k. Only Airtel DTH offer. Nothing special.

It is definitely a good buy. Side by side comparison with Sony X83D, the picture on KU6470 is more realistic. I compared both on 'Standard' picture mode. On 'Movie' mode, Sony was better.

I'm still confused to pick one between Sony X83D & Samsung KU6470.

The samsung website says "Motion Rate 120" (Notice no Hz). According to this article, The truth about Ultra HD 4K TV refresh rates - CNET, it is intercepted that the motion rate 120 can be read as 60 Hz. Whereas all Sony's 4K TVs are 120 Hz.

I'd suggest to pick a blu-ray video of your choice, take it to a retailer and ask the sales person to play them on both TVs and decide.

Thanks. 60hz isnt it too low? ..will it be a good buy ? I beilve if we are buying a new TV in this age it should be ateast 120-200hz? So should be consider sony instead which has a decent 120-200hz? Please suggest?

I own the Samsung 43ku6470 and can confirm that it's a 60 Hz native panel interpolated to a high refresh rate.

Does it really matter? Are you noticing any motion blur or disturbance when you are watching a movie with 60 hz panel?

How is the TV performing otherwise?

Sony may have a 120 Hz panel, but it's a mix of IPS and VA panels. Please understand that VA panels are not currently available in more than 60 Hz below 55 inch and are far better than the IPS panels in terms of picture quality.

There is no motion blur in KU6470 and it has VA panel.

IPS panels have better viewing angles, but mine is a bedroom tv. Hence I am 100% satisfied with the performance.

Last edited:
I have some question..so if i connect any input video of 120hz does 43KU6470 play it? or does 43KU6470 play all formats like blue ray,video games..etc of vidoes smoothly without any issues? The last thing i want see it not playing videos..and regret of buying it :)

Many sites suggest to buy a TV of at least 120hz, iam concerned 43KU6470 is only 60hz.
Or should i consider sony 8500C/D?
Please suggest

Also did any one review 49UH850T,iam thinking to buy this and the reviews seems to be very good from what i hear. Also, its the only model which supports 4k+3d under 50"

can you guys suggest.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back