Suggestions needed - integrated amplifier and speakers - budget < 40K

aneeshkms

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy integrated amplifier and speakers. budget is <40K.
I had one phillips hts - bought 5 years ago died a couple of months back (price was around 8.5 that time - regret that purchase after joining this forum :( ) . As of now i'm adjusting with a PAM8403- with phillips speakers.

I've a gaming PC which will be used to play music thru 'HiFimeDIY USB ES9023 DAC'

I went to modern world (Kamanahalli) last weekeend; but to my surprise nothing was available there :(.

Planning to visit their other showroom this weekend - If possible thehtstore as well.

HiFiMart has Marants PM6004+Wharfedale 122 at 51400. This is well above my budget (and i have not heard these). Also please let me know what else i need to buy if I go with these (cables? what will be the cost?).

Currenly I'm thinking of Marants PM5004 (16.5 in Hifimart - but costy in all other sites).

Speakers :
Dali Zensor 1
Dali Lektor 1
Tannoy merkury v1
Wharfedale 210/121

Please help me with amp and speakers to be considered (I'm thinking of 25 for Speakers and 15 for Amp). Also other stores in bangalore to go and check.

Thanks in advance.
Aneesh

Hi,

I purchased the Pioneer Floor Standing speakers, SP-FS52, from Home Theater Store, last month. The physical store is in JP Nagar. However, I got them by ordering through it's online store(The Home Theater Store). I didn't even try listening to them prior purchase because there were ample number of positive reviews & vibes about them. So, I just checked few demo videos on youtube, zeroed in the place to buy and bought!

I have been using them since then and must say, they sound fantastic. You will get them within your budget & IMO, they are the best 3-way speakers in this price range. I'm powering them with Yamaha AX 390 Amp.

As you are planning to buy an Amp too, I suggest you to visit the HT physical store & check them out. I'm 100% sure that you won't be disappointed with these speakers one bit. All I can say is., Go get them!! :)

Thanks!

Thank you Varun for the reply.
I'm not thinking of FSs in spite its great looks, mainly because of space.

Today I'm planning to go to Modern World MG Road, not sure whether I will get time for HTstore jayanagar.

One more help i needed --my wife loves to sing(not bad at it :) ), if i want to use karaoke what else do I need?

Thanks,
Aneesh

Yesterday I went to ProFx and Onkyo in Barton Center. I didnt find anything in my range :(.
ProFX had one Denon (costs around 45K) and one Yamaha (costs around 32K) integrated amps. They paired it with KEF(21K) and Polk(25K not sure exact price) bookshelves. I didnt like KEF, but Polk was better.

At Onkyo they showed one mini-Hi-Fi(dont remember the model) it was 51K after discounts with ELAC BS.

After coming back I decided to go with MarantzPM6004 and Whaefedale122(51,900) from HiFiMart. Placed the order, waiting for delivery :yahoo:
I have ordered 6M speaker cable, Is there anything else needs to be ordered?

Thanks
Aneesh

they are the best 3-way speakers in this price range. I'm powering them with Yamaha AX 390 Amp.
fET20k

I read about those in other threads, but after reading thru the forum since most of the FMs are suggesting BS will be better than 3 way FSs in this range. So decided to go with BS also I have space constraints :sad:. Auditions where not impressive, only I liked Onkyo mini hifi even that was coming around 52K. Since I will be using it always with computer/laptop (I'm planning to use a Raspbery pi), I didnt consider the Mini HiFi.

Got Marantz and Wharfedale today:). Marantz PM6004 is pretty big than what I thought . . . I forgot to order audio connectors - now waiting for it (Only speaker cables I ordered) :sad:.

Thanks,
Aneesh

I got it from HiFIMart - Amp for 26,000 (after discount) and including speakers it was 52,900. another 1500 for connectors and speaker cables.

Sounds amazing --- I'm loving it :yahoo:

I got it from HiFIMart - Amp for 26,000 (after discount) and including speakers it was 52,900. another 1500 for connectors and speaker cables.

Sounds amazing --- I'm loving it :yahoo:

Congrats on your purchase. Keep posting your listening experience and share the setup photos.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back