Suggestions on 2.1 Computer Speakers

saneguy

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a new set of Computer Speakers. Below is some brief info so you guys can help me out select the best possible speakers.

Speaker Type - 2.1 (A sub-woofer is a must)
Budget - Rs 20k (Can be stretched if there significant difference in quality)
Usage - Music, Movies and Games
Room Size - 150 sq ft
Place of Purchase - Mumbai or Order online through Indian websites

I do not like headphones at all so that possibility is ruled out. Plus at times I'll be watching some movies with family / friends so speakers are a must. The Speakers will be placed on the computer table next to the monitor and the sub woofer will be in the base of the table. I like my sound to be loud and crisp. Therefore the speakers must be able to perform well at high volumes. Surround sound (or similar) feature would be most welcome. So far I have looked at the Logtitech Z623 and Altec Lansing MX5021. While they are good is there anything better?

Looking forward to your suggestions folks...:yahoo:

Audio engine A2 with their Audioengine S8 sub (the sub is for 14K on Naaptol and the A2 were retailing for about 10K)

Thanks for the suggestions guys... any place in Mumbai where I can audition the Swans and the Audio Engine?

The Swan dealer is a forum member here. recently he told in one of the threads that audion is not possible. Got it. His name is Abhi_jollyguy. Send hima PM and ask your query.

About the Audio engine, this is what i found after googling. Copy pasted from Yahoo answers. Ask them if they provide audiotion.
Bajaao
21 Bhaidas Bhuta Compound
Mogra lane, Off Old Nagardas Rd
Andheri East, Mumbai 400069
T: 022-6 710 6668
6 770 4246
6 522 3453
6 522 3454
[email protected]
Home - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India
[email protected]
Tel: 9322338513

The Swan dealer is a forum member here. recently he told in one of the threads that audion is not possible. Got it. His name is Abhi_jollyguy. Send hima PM and ask your query.

About the Audio engine, this is what i found after googling. Copy pasted from Yahoo answers. Ask them if they provide audiotion.
Bajaao
21 Bhaidas Bhuta Compound
Mogra lane, Off Old Nagardas Rd
Andheri East, Mumbai 400069
T: 022-6 710 6668
6 770 4246
6 522 3453
6 522 3454
[email protected]
Home - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India
[email protected]
Tel: 9322338513

Thanks a ton. This is helpful. Will come back and tell you guys if I was able to get the auditions for these.

Anybody knows who is the dealer for Altec Lansing in Chennai? I searched a lot in their web site and googled but could not find. Also is there any possibility to get MX5021 from online stores? If not what is the equivalent ? I heard MX6021 is not as good as MX5021 .

Hi

No need to spend fortune. You can get this one:

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX Certified

superb sound for approx 7-8k. I am using it currently.

Hi

No need to spend fortune. You can get this one:

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX Certified

superb sound for approx 7-8k. I am using it currently.

Z-2300 is very old model and I think it is no longer available. New one is Z623 which cost around 10K. I am confused between Z623 and MX 6021.

Is there any other 2.1 speakers equivalent to MX5021 now? I heard Altec Lansing stopped making Speakers.

AL MX5021 has been discontinued long ago. So now Swans M10 is an excellent speaker set available in India in 2.1 category under 10k if vocals, clarity and most important soundstage and controlled yet tight bass is your priority. If you want monster bass so M10 isn't for you. Then you can look at logitech, Corsair SP2500.

On the other hand, Swans M50W is better than the MX5021 in almost every segment but it comes with a higher price tag.

I have short listed following

1. Swans M10
2. Altec Lansing 6021
3. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (THX Certified).

I already have altec lansing 4121 satisfied with its performance and using it with my ST30. Now I am looking for a 2.1 speakers good for music with deep, powerful bass still delivering the details and nuances. Though 4121 was good I felt some thing missing, may be the mid range frequencies which contains 70 -80 % of music.

But it is really difficult to find such one in the absence of MX5021 :sad: because I had no chance to audition the others and only relying on reviews and others opinion.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back