sukam for my av systems???

I asked you to add 900KVa to the power conditioning. That is or the 2 subs only.

Cheers

so if don't use two subs with power conditioning then i need only 1.5kva and if i need to add two subs then i need 2.5kva is that what you saying brother

sorry about my stupid question actually i'm totally newbiew for these power conditioner stuffs:sad:

so if don't use two subs with power conditioning then i need only 1.5kva and if i need to add two subs then i need 2.5kva is that what you saying brother

sorry about my stupid question actually i'm totally newbiew for these power conditioner stuffs:sad:

The equation is simple. You power conditioning requirement is 1.5 times your wattage. So if you have 100 watts, your power conditioning capacity will be 150VA. If you have 1000 watts, you power conditioning requirement will be 1500VA or 1.5KVA. You can do the calculation yourself. Total up your consumption, multiply by 1.5 and round off to the nearest 0.5KVA or 1.0 KVA as the case may be.

Cheers

The equation is simple. You power conditioning requirement is 1.5 times your wattage. So if you have 100 watts, your power conditioning capacity will be 150VA. If you have 1000 watts, you power conditioning requirement will be 1500VA or 1.5KVA. You can do the calculation yourself. Total up your consumption, multiply by 1.5 and round off to the nearest 0.5KVA or 1.0 KVA as the case may be.

Cheers
one more question if for example we need 1.5kva power conditioner but we use 2kva does that extra .5kva do any damage or something

hey venaktcr can you please tell me whats the price of 1.5kva actually today i call apc dealer in Chandigarh and he told me it cost around 35000 is it true :sad:

one more question if for example we need 1.5kva power conditioner but we use 2kva does that extra .5kva do any damage or something

No, the additional 0.5 KVa will be surplus capacity with the power conditioning equipment. It will not cause any harm. It would be actually beneficial as it can handle surges in power requirement quite well.

Pure sine wave UPS are expensive. UPS are used for computers where you do not need pure sine wave.

A servo stabiliser from a company (1.5KVA to 2KVA) such as Krykard, Aplab, Vetrex would cost you around 15K or even less. I would suggest you get one of these and watch movies only when you have power in the mains. Providing continuous uninterrupted power for our entertainment is an expensive proposition and works only for commercial institutions or for people who have money to blow.

Cheers

No, the additional 0.5 KVa will be surplus capacity with the power conditioning equipment. It will not cause any harm. It would be actually beneficial as it can handle surges in power requirement quite well.

Pure sine wave UPS are expensive. UPS are used for computers where you do not need pure sine wave.

A servo stabiliser from a company (1.5KVA to 2KVA) such as Krykard, Aplab, Vetrex would cost you around 15K or even less. I would suggest you get one of these and watch movies only when you have power in the mains. Providing continuous uninterrupted power for our entertainment is an expensive proposition and works only for commercial institutions or for people who have money to blow.

Cheers

hey brother i just contact dac cables dealer and he said to me he has DAC surge protector which cost around 2500 ruppes with 8 outlets

so is safe or not should i buy it

also venkatcr today on ebay i saw someonfrom delhimall (the name of the shop)
sells belkine power surge with 8 outlets and cost around 1075ruppes
is it also ok for my equipment

and can you please tell me difference of

power surge,power conditioner and servo stablizers like one from vertex

Power conditioning is a general term that includes a lot of things.

Your audio and video equipment expect to be fed with 220 volts at 50Hz. Power units inside the equipment, in turn, use this power to convert to DC voltage or any other form that they require.

The power that is supplied to you by the electricity board has various issues. The voltage may become low or high. This may be for some continuous period. A servo controlled stabiliser senses the voltage coming in, uses a transformer inside, and converts the voltage to 220 volts. This is called a servo, as the sensor drives a motor that moves a coil inside the transformer to give you the correct voltage. Such stabiliser also have large capacitors that store the power that you need to supply it to you.

Stabilisers are used when there is long term shortage or surge in voltage.

Power supplied by the electricity department also have spikes and surges which are of very short nature. If the voltage jumps to, say, 500 volts for a few microseconds, this is called a surge. A surge is controlled by a filter that simply blocks the surge from reaching your device. Similarly when the surge is of a very large quantum such as, say, 20,000 volts, this is called a spike. Again a filter mechanism is used to block spikes.

Surge and spike suppressors are passive devices - they are simple filters that just block beyond a certain specified limit. They are inexpensive to make.

Low or high voltage can also occur for long periods of time. This requires an active device that generates more voltage or reduces the voltage. This is done by the stabiliser.

Stablisers from companies such as Vertex, Krykard, Aplab also come with surge and spike suppressors built in. You can specify this requirement when ordering.

Unless you have steady and dependable voltage being supplied to you continuously, it is better to protect your equipment with stabilisers.

Stabilisers, surge suppressors, UPS, Inverters are all together called power conditioning equipment.

Cheers

A safety reminder for all.

VA is not equal to Watts. There is a power factor of the servo or UPS or whatever equipment involved. For most equipments, this factor is 0.8 or above (always close to but less than 1). So, if in your calculation, you are settling for a servo of 1 KWatts, the actual requirement of the servo is 1/0.8 = 1.25 KVA and not 1 KVA, if the power factor is 0.8.

Of course, this power factor thing does not come into the picture if you are deciding on a servo with enough room for comfort, like getting a 2 KVA in the above case.

hey venkatcr

i have this dealer from Chandigarh woh has vangaurd stablizer with 1.5kva

does it enough for my projector and av receiver

also he told me its all rounder meaning it has surge protection,spikes protection,also give use clean power and etc.etc.

what you think of it

it cost around 5800 ruppes

if you say yes then i definetily buy it

I have not heard of this brand.

Can you send me some specifications or a link to a website?

Has anyone else used this brand or is aware of it?

Cheers

hey venkatcr

can you guide me some basics

like i have order a vangaurd stablizers with 6.2 Ampier

so can you tell me how many watts does it handle

Last edited:
220 *6.25 = 1375 va
max wattage = 1375/1.25 = 1100 by formula from Asit. I think it may bestill lower.

If you keep some headroom, say 10% then 1000 watts. This is operational headroom - and not for planned extension.

Check max wattage of avr - it should be like 400-500 watts. Your pj should be around 300-400W. So it would be just on the borderline of being sufficient.

regards

220 *6.25 = 1375 va
max wattage = 1375/1.25 = 1100 by formula from Asit. I think it may bestill lower.

If you keep some headroom, say 10% then 1000 watts. This is operational headroom - and not for planned extension.

Check max wattage of avr - it should be like 400-500 watts. Your pj should be around 300-400W. So it would be just on the borderline of being sufficient.

regards

i have order v-gaurd stab
hope you know the brand

i have two stabs order
one is digi 100 with 1000 watts so its basically 1kva (i'm going to use it with my two polk subwoofers which are 300 watts each so it total of 600 watts
so basically we multiply it with 1.5 and its 900 watts ) so its 0.9 kva is it ok for my subs

and second is digi 200 with 2000 watts so its basically 2 kva
my av receiver is 500 watts and projector is 300 watts so its 800 when we multiply it with 1.5 so its 1240 watts so its 1.3 kva i guess (round figure) is it sufficient

please reply

Dear All,

I am in UAE and i brought a Solar power conditioning unit having part number PCU6K... I have 24 Solar panels of 180 watt and 24 batteries of 12V and 150Ah. The solution which i designed is mentioned below:

1. Solar Power Conditioning Unit 6kVA X 1
2. Solar Panels 180Watt / 24V X 24 (Connect 4 in series and 6 in parallel to make 24)
3. Solar Batteries 12V / 150Ah X 24 (Connect 8 in series and 3 in parallel to make 24)

The series connection is dependent upon the input voltage required for Solar Power Conditioning Unit to make 96VDC system.

So, please check and revalidate the system so that i will be able to install it at my home.

Hope to have your favourable and quick response.

Thanks

Sameer

Dear All,

I am in UAE and i brought a Solar power conditioning unit having part number PCU6K... I have 24 Solar panels of 180 watt and 24 batteries of 12V and 150Ah. The solution which i designed is mentioned below:

1. Solar Power Conditioning Unit 6kVA X 1
2. Solar Panels 180Watt / 24V X 24 (Connect 4 in series and 6 in parallel to make 24)
3. Solar Batteries 12V / 150Ah X 24 (Connect 8 in series and 3 in parallel to make 24)

The series connection is dependent upon the input voltage required for Solar Power Conditioning Unit to make 96VDC system.

So, please check and revalidate the system so that i will be able to install it at my home.

Hope to have your favourable and quick response.

Thanks

Sameer

Your charging voltage from solar panels must be higher to charge the batteries.

How is it doing now, how much has it costed you, u mind sharing this info please

my contact is [email protected]

Thanks
Tanveer

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back