surround speakers

sachin5526

Dear Experts and forum members ,

I'm planning to buy a surround speakers to make 5.1 home theatre setup.

1). i have Onkyo Ht-r340 AVR 110 watt/channel, passive subwoofer out
2). polk audio S20 Fornt
3). 12" inch passive subwoofer of car
4). surround and center speaker , sony 3" cone 60w speaker of my old home theater

que1. i want to know can i connect active subwoofer with audio out of AVR

que2. which active subwoofer
n which surround and center speakers will match to my setup?

Connecting audio out from AVR to subwoofer.. Hmm.. No idea on that.. Guess, it should be a 2.0 signal..

But, if you wish to retain the AVR with passive sub out, you can set fronts as "large" and consider an active subwoofer with speaker level inputs & outputs.. You can then connect the AVR front L & R speaker terminals to subwoofer & run the speaker output terminals from subwoofer to left & right..

When you play 5.1 movies, it will be down-mixed to 5.0 and then fed to sub..

Since you have Polk S20, better to look for the same series center at-least, if not surrounds..

Instead of upgrading speakers & adding sub-woofer, consider upgrading to an AVR with pre-out.. You can re-use the existing center & surrounds for a while..

Connecting audio out from AVR to subwoofer.. Hmm.. No idea on that.. Guess, it should be a 2.0 signal..

But, if you wish to retain the AVR with passive sub out, you can set fronts as "large" and consider an active subwoofer with speaker level inputs & outputs.. You can then connect the AVR front L & R speaker terminals to subwoofer & run the speaker output terminals from subwoofer to left & right..

When you play 5.1 movies, it will be down-mixed to 5.0 and then fed to sub..

Since you have Polk S20, better to look for the same series center at-least, if not surrounds..

Instead of upgrading speakers & adding sub-woofer, consider upgrading to an AVR with pre-out.. You can re-use the existing center & surrounds for a while..

i can set front as large but then subwoofer output comes down, u told to connect AVR front L& R terminals to subwoofer and but how to connect my speakers to sub-woofer as there is no output terminals in my subwoofer then how?

i can set front as large but then subwoofer output comes down, u told to connect AVR front L& R terminals to subwoofer and but how to connect my speakers to sub-woofer as there is no output terminals in my subwoofer then how?

Please refer to this connection in the below image..

subconnection1.gif

Below image is how a back panel of the subwoofer with high level inputs & outputs would look like..

hsu-vtf-3-ho-subwoofer-rear-panel.jpg

Not all subwoofers have high level inputs & outputs.. So consider suwboofer models that have high level inputs & outputs..

Dear Experts and forum members ,

I'm planning to buy a surround speakers to make 5.1 home theatre setup.

1). i have Onkyo Ht-r340 AVR 110 watt/channel, passive subwoofer out
2). polk audio S20 Fornt
3). 12" inch passive subwoofer of car
4). surround and center speaker , sony 3" cone 60w speaker of my old home theater

Not suggested. Active Subs have their own amplification all they need is a Pre Amp signal. Connecting a sub to a powered output can cause damage

que2. which active subwoofer n which surround and center speakers will match to my setup?

If your receiver has a Sub out then you can pick any active sub discussed in various other threads. If not, then look at Passive subs. For Sourrounds you could go for Polk OWM3. Excellent surround speakers. For center you could again pick from the Polk stable preferably from the same series.

MaSh

Please refer to this connection in the below image..

subconnection1.gif

Below image is how a back panel of the subwoofer with high level inputs & outputs would look like..

hsu-vtf-3-ho-subwoofer-rear-panel.jpg

Not all subwoofers have high level inputs & outputs.. So consider suwboofer models that have high level inputs & outputs..

this is active sub or passive which has high level input and output?

HT Store has a demo piece of Velodyne Impact 10 for sale.
https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=75&product_id=54
I have auditioned subwoofer at HT store some one month back.not sure whether it's the same piece or not.i didn't like it.in my opinion it's not even 5k worth.i didn't even know whether subwoofer is working or not.i had to ask whether sub woofer is on or not.if the sale is of the same piece then you should stay away from that.anyways you audition before buying.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back