Svs pb-1000 sub

Hi Get2Ricky,

Currently I have SVS PB-1000 sub and I use it only for movie. During audition, I tried the SVS PB12. It's awesome. But it's very costly, so choose the PB-1000 and very happy with that. You can go for it.

Hi,

Both the SVS PB 1000 and SB 1000 are priced the same at 40.5K in HT Store. Dada PB12???

Last edited:
Hi Get2Ricky,

Currently I have SVS PB-1000 sub and I use it only for movie. During audition, I tried the SVS PB12. It's awesome. But it's very costly, so choose the PB-1000 and very happy with that. You can go for it.

Nice bro, this is my maxed budget i cant even go 1K beyond this. So thats why i chose PB 1000 only. Whats your rest set up with this?

You cannot be wrong with the svs. depending on the size of your room you could choose the pb1000/2000.

You cannot be wrong with the svs. depending on the size of your room you could choose the pb1000/2000.

I stretched my budget from 20K to 45K, can't anymore lol And room is fairly small, even later on when i get a bigger room then also i am sure this would be sufficient.

I have the SB-12 NSD . I think its pretty good for music being a sealed box design helps. If your going for a long term no upgrading again path ..... the svs is a good contender to be your last subwoofer.

I think it would be a great time for a dealer who wants to up his game v/s the svs to start carrying rythmik subs to capture some of the indian market. I would consider upgrading to dual rythmik subs although id still keep the svs, emotiva xsp preamp has individual sub outputs for left and right channel.

Last edited:
How will svs pb-1000 perform in a room of size 23ft x 14ft. Listening position is in the center. Mainly for movies only .Have not auditioned so far.. Thinking of either svs pb 1000 or velodyne. Will not extend beyond 50k.I will be using with Onkyo & wharfedale(122) set up..

How will svs pb-1000 perform in a room of size 23ft x 14ft. Listening position is in the center. Mainly for movies only .Have not auditioned so far.. Thinking of either svs pb 1000 or velodyne. Will not extend beyond 50k.I will be using with Onkyo & wharfedale(122) set up..

Haven't auditioned any but going purely from the reviews i don't think velodyne is a match for SVS.

No sub gives better output in centre of the room

Hi, Give the Dali E12F a good listen. It retails for around 47K in Chennai. It is great for both movies and music. Cheers.

No sub gives better output in centre of the room

The listening position is in the center, but the TV cabinet,front speakers,will be placed against the wall, so the sub will also be positioned in the corner,along the wall. Hope that shouldn't be an issue.

There is a trick to finding the best position for the sub. Place your sub in your primary seating position (centre of the room in your case). Now play your favorite Bass track and walk along the corner of your room. The spot where you feel that the bass is tight and strong is the right position for placing your sub. This trick works most of the times.
Hope that helps.

There is a trick to finding the best position for the sub. Place your sub in your primary seating position (centre of the room in your case). Now play your favorite Bass track and walk along the corner of your room. The spot where you feel that the bass is tight and strong is the right position for placing your sub. This trick works most of the times.
Hope that helps.

Not when its your bedroom and there is no space to crawl lol

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back