Svs pb-1000 sub

The listening position is in the center, but the TV cabinet,front speakers,will be placed against the wall, so the sub will also be positioned in the corner,along the wall. Hope that shouldn't be an issue.
I am sure about it how ever the set up is, centre would not be the better listening position. U could move towards rare wall a bit to here better low frequencies

Hi,

I own SVS cylinder version and blindly went with reviews as no demo was available 2 yrs back and I don't regret my decision, based on your room size I can bet on SVS pb1000/2000 and you won't regret as well and am sure of complaints from neighbours ;-)

lol i know, for now i have few of these in line to watch:

1. U571
2. Tron Legacy
3. Battleship
4. Intersteller
5. San Andreas
6. John Wick

Got these especially for SVS testing :D

Congratulations! I hope you will enjoy the Sub. Try to place the Sub at best possible location + best crossover settings before testing above movies. :)

Its basically on when the sub needs to take over the rest of frequency that the speaker is not capable of playing.You need to look at the specs of your speaker for frequency rating,for example if its rated 50hz-20khz,you have to set the subwoofer crossover dial to 50hz or near 50 depending on what is more pleasing to ear

Play the mad max fury road bluray if you want to test the full performance of your subwoofer.Never experienced another movie in my life that puts full might of subwoofer to test like fury road

I am sure about it how ever the set up is, centre would not be the better listening position. U could move towards rare wall a bit to here better low frequencies

The only way to find the best placement of the sub is to do the subwoofer crawling,it involves crawling around the room while the sub is playing and find the place that has best bass,you need to place the subwoofer there to get the best performance.Plenty of videos on subwoofer placement in internet

Its basically on when the sub needs to take over the rest of frequency that the speaker is not capable of playing.You need to look at the specs of your speaker for frequency rating,for example if its rated 50hz-20khz,you have to set the subwoofer crossover dial to 50hz or near 50 depending on what is more pleasing to ear

My floor standers are capable of 30 hz, but the thing is, there is a crossover setting on the sub and in the receiver too. I read somewhere and it says, move the knob to the max on the sub (crossover) and set 80hz on the receiver. That's what i was thinking of trying first.

Play the mad max fury road bluray if you want to test the full performance of your subwoofer.Never experienced another movie in my life that puts full might of subwoofer to test like fury road

lol i know, i saw that on bluray and even without sub my room, windows was rumbling. lol

The only way to find the best placement of the sub is to do the subwoofer crawling,it involves crawling around the room while the sub is playing and find the place that has best bass,you need to place the subwoofer there to get the best performance.Plenty of videos on subwoofer placement in internet
Yes I do agree with sub crawling to find better listening position
but in centre of the room always standing waves would be there. So, always listening position there at the centre of the room is not a good idea to start with.

My floor standers are capable of 30 hz, but the thing is, there is a crossover setting on the sub and in the receiver too. I read somewhere and it says, move the knob to the max on the sub (crossover) and set 80hz on the receiver. That's what i was thinking of trying first.

I suggest you set the crossover of sub at 80hz and let the sub play below 80.To my knowledge no speakers can play below 40 hz properly.Make sure the speakers are not playing below 80 if you are using av receiver then there won't be any issues

Last edited:
Subwoofers are much stronger than floorstanding speakers below 80hz. So, in most of the cases, it is advisable to crossover the subwoofers at 80, and if you increase the crossover frequency above that then you will suffer subwoofer localization problem.

AFAIK, even the REVEL salons or the kef reference speakers can't play flat down to 20hz. For that, you may have to step in to the focal grand utopias territory.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back