Svs pb-1000 sub

Subwoofers are much stronger than floorstanding speakers below 80hz. So, in most of the cases, it is advisable to crossover the subwoofers at 80, and if you increase the crossover frequency above that then you will suffer subwoofer localization problem.

AFAIK, even the REVEL salons or the kef reference speakers can't play flat down to 20hz. For that, you may have to step in to the focal grand utopias territory.

Do i have to set crossover on sub 80 or set it to LFE and crossover in AVR as 80? :confused:

Crossover management can be done in both AVR and Sub. It is available in sub to support amps that cannot do freq cutoff (or do not have sub out).
When you use AVR, it is best and most convenient to do crossover mgmt in AVR.
So -
1. Set crossover in AVR to 80 HZ, which means AVR sends all freq below 80 to sub pre out.
2. Connect AVR's sub out (LFE) to the subwoofer's LFE in.
3. In your sub, turn the crossover knob to full, turn it full clockwise. This means you are telling the sub to play all freq sent to it.
In essence what you have done is, you have told the AVR to send freq below 80 to sub and told the sub to play everything it got.

Crossover management can be done in both AVR and Sub. It is available in sub to support amps that cannot do freq cutoff (or do not have sub out).
When you use AVR, it is best and most convenient to do crossover mgmt in AVR.
So -
1. Set crossover in AVR to 80 HZ, which means AVR sends all freq below 80 to sub pre out.
2. Connect AVR's sub out (LFE) to the subwoofer's LFE in.
3. In your sub, turn the crossover knob to full, turn it full clockwise. This means you are telling the sub to play all freq sent to it.
In essence what you have done is, you have told the AVR to send freq below 80 to sub and told the sub to play everything it got.

Aha awesome, this is what i wanted lol now i understood :D Thanks alot . Now just waiting for sub to deliver, still 2-3 days more :(

Forgot to update, i got the SVS sound path few weeks back through one of my friend who was travelling from US (bought it via AMAZON). There is definitely good improvement in terms of how the bass sounds now :)

Forgot to update, i got the SVS sound path few weeks back through one of my friend who was travelling from US (bought it via AMAZON). There is definitely good improvement in terms of how the bass sounds now :)

What is the cost and is it available in India?

Hi, the cost was close to 50$. Since I got from US through friend, I saved on shipping cost. There was some enquiry about its availability in Indian store by myself & few others in the past, but there were no confirmation as yet (to my knowledge).

Sound path are awesome and post addition gives tight bass, have been using it on my SVS cylinder and it's really worth, This can be added to any other sub as well.

I had even ordered SVS woofer cable which is double shielded and high quality as compared what we get here..

Congrats n cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back