Swans D1080-4 or Thonet & Vander Kurbis

msmani

I want to replace my Logitech Z623. Though Z623 was good for movies I never liked it for music. My budget is max 15K, for that I have shortlisted two speakers Swans D1080-iv and Thonet & Vander Kurbis BT 2.0. Now I need your expert opinions on choosing one out of them.

I want to replace my Logitech Z623. Though Z623 was good for movies I never liked it for music. My budget is max 15K, for that I have shortlisted two speakers Swans D1080-iv and Thonet & Vander Kurbis BT 2.0. Now I need your expert opinions on choosing one out of them.

If you like neutral sound signature then please do check out Mackie CR4 and Presonus..

I had owned Swans D1080 and M50W, they are very good and musical..but colored.. so depends upon your taste !

I was planned long time back Logitech Z623..Still not bought...Are you facing any problem in this?

They are decent, but lack bass. If you are comfortable with this then buy them.

Looking for Pair of speakers for 10x12 room, primarily should have Bluetooth connectivity & line-in (Aux/RCA) input to connect Laptop.

Do you think Swans M100mkii will be sufficient? Anyother model/brand within the range of 15k :rolleyes:

Looking for Pair of speakers for 10x12 room, primarily should have Bluetooth connectivity & line-in (Aux/RCA) input to connect Laptop.

Do you think Swans M100mkii will be sufficient? Anyother model/brand within the range of 15k :rolleyes:

what are you looking for? type of music you listen to? Bluetooth connectivity is ok, but not ideal as it is still unreliable protocol. also what will be your listening distance, all these questions answered will help others also to give you more inputs on options available.

what are you looking for? type of music you listen to? Bluetooth connectivity is ok, but not ideal as it is still unreliable protocol. also what will be your listening distance, all these questions answered will help others also to give you more inputs on options available.

This will be second setup, placed in my working room on a computer desk. Prefer compact bookshelf/monitor which will be connected to laptop (Source- iTune, mp3, Flac, CD, WAV, Youtube) & Mobile (iTune, mp3, FM). Hence must have line-in (AUX/RCA) + Bluetooth connectivity. Not a big fan of headphones so that's ruled out :cool:

Coming to Music - Love to hear Pop, soft rock, jazz, ambient, Bollywood & regional too.

Listening distance - mostly @ the desk. Will not be pumping vol more than 30-40% hence need something which will deliver detailed sound signature, which should not be too harsh.

Hope i was able to describe my requirement in detail ;) Please pour-in your suggestions/inputs.

Cheers,
Binu

Coming to Music - Love to hear Pop, soft rock, jazz, ambient, Bollywood & regional too.

Listening distance - mostly @ the desk. Will not be pumping vol more than 30-40% hence need something which will deliver detailed sound signature, which should not be too harsh.

Hope i was able to describe my requirement in detail ;) Please pour-in your suggestions/inputs.

Cheers,
Binu

i know it's difficult to decide without audition but i feel Swans 1080 would fit the bill perfectly - they might sound tacky in the beginning but open up nicely after few hours. they go mighty loud for their size. [if you are looking for deep bass you would have to add a sub].

Personally i will go for D1080_IV, because of its musicality.
If you want super heavy bass, then M50W is awesome, it has so much bass, it can fill up a big size hall easily !

If i bought for PC to any Sound Card?
and
For voltage Protection any thing to buy?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back