Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

How would the Platinum F - 120 / 100 V3 Series sound for Heavy metal & Rock music - (assuming a good musical amp in place)?

Hi friends,

Which center speaker should I choose C-100 or C-90Sl ? Recommended watts by taga for c100 is 150watts but for c90Sl it's only 90watts so my question is
Is Yamaha AVR 585 enough to drive taga center speaker C-100 ?

I will be buying tav506 + Rx585 + Polk hts12 but will change center speaker to above ones, so which center to choose?
Can anyone comment on this ?

Hi friends,

Which center speaker should I choose C-100 or C-90Sl ? Recommended watts by taga for c100 is 150watts but for c90Sl it's only 90watts so my question is
Is Yamaha AVR 585 enough to drive taga center speaker C-100 ?

Can anyone comment on this ?

Yes, the Yamaha AVR 585 would be capable enough to drive any of the two speakers you mentioned..

Both the C-100 (100 dB) & C-90SL (88dB) are efficient speakers.. Taga C-100 would need lesser power from AVR..

I will be buying tav506 + Rx585 + Polk hts12 but will change center speaker to above ones, so which center to choose?

I think you are already contemplating upgrading abt speakers, even before you have decided to buy.. Taga Platinum series are in the affordable price range, so you may consider adding speakers in a staged manner..

Recently Visited Maxhome Theaters Alandur-Chennai and they have the taga platinum sub available for demo

I have a marantz avr with elac b6.2 bookshelf speakers and am considering going dual sub with the taga harmony tsw 120 v2. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with these subs especially in a dual setup. Considering these over a single bic america pl 200ii which i am told will give be better quality bass. Also nexthifi is quoting a good price. Any experience buying from them? Are they reliable. As i live in the northeast good packaging is kinda important for shipping to my location.

Hi Guys,

Looking for some inputs on the taga platinum sw10 v2 subs. How does it compare with other subs in the market. Am thinking of getting two

Anywhere in Mumbai I can demo Taga floorstanders? Preferably different models to help compare as I’m only there for a day or 2. Tia!

Hello FM's.
I am considering Taga Harmony TAV 506 v2 and Taga Harmony TAV 606 v3 speaker sets for upgrading my Onkyo HTS3300 Htib speakers.
As not able to get demo on Taga speakers ,looking for help from owners and people who have auditioned on these speakers to get some idea.
I will be adding a proper subwoofer in couple months so will it make sense to go with 606 v3, or 506 will also be fine? Firstly looking for audio quality and also placement flexibility.
I can see 606 has bigger drivers, slightly bigger cabinets, no ports on center and surrounds speakers and crossover as mentioned in specs, which are missing from 506. Does this makes a difference in real world or I would be ok to go with 506 and save some bucks to get subwoofer?

I gathered some of the available specifications of 506, 606 & 606SE and put them together in this excel file. Attaching a screenshot as there is no provision to attach excel files. taga.pngHope this is of help to people considering one of these.
Ended by buying 606SE. If you are considering a subwoofer 606 should be adequate. Consider your specific parameters like wall mounts etc.

I gathered some of the available specifications of 506, 606 & 606SE and put them together in this excel file
Thanks for this. Having details in a tabular format would help in comparison.
I have been going through specs since several days (considered 506 v2 and 606 v3 only as SE is said to have higher power requirement and do not want to stress our my old amplifier).
Differences i observed were 606 v3 has bigger drivers, slightly bigger cabinets, no ports on center and surrounds speakers and crossover which are not in 506. Also in 606 Front tower port is covered with mesh but open in 506 (a minor consideration for me due to small kids in house).
But my main concern is on audio performance , if there these difference result in any difference in sound quality especially mid and highs (as sub-woofer should take care of lower end). If nothing major will be missing will be better of spending saving done here on better subwoofer.

Any suggestion, experiences will be helpful to take informed decision.

Any suggestion, experiences will be helpful to take informed decision.

My friend bought the TAV 506 on my suggestion, as he was on a tight budget, and he has a 5.0 set-up with Denon 550BT.. I set it up for him and had a good listen.. Pretty good what it does for the money.. He got the TAV 506 for 17K something..

I have the Platinum range from Taga, all around my room for HT (LCR 60SL).. Heights too are Platinum series TCI100R.. The highs are good on the platinum range, and i like them that way.. It was a blind buy..

Differences i observed were 606 v3 has bigger drivers, slightly bigger cabinets, no ports on center and surrounds speakers and crossover which are not in 506. Also in 606 Front tower port is covered with mesh but open in 506 (a minor consideration for me due to small kids in house). But my main concern is on audio performance , if there these difference result in any difference in sound quality especially mid and highs (as sub-woofer should take care of lower end). If nothing major will be missing will be better of spending saving done here on better subwoofer.

Since you are anyways planning for a subwoofer, then the size of the drivers on the different FS shouldn't apply.. There shouldn't be a significant difference between the models listed or compared here..

Thanks. Such real world reviews and experience really helps to understand general characteristics of speakers and especially in budget segment where actual audition is difficult.

I have the Platinum range from Taga, all around my room for HT (LCR 60SL)
I too was seriously considering Taga platinum but had to drop because of other reasons not related to audio quality. Did saw your posts on LCR 60SL and it looked good but is much more expensive nowdays and availability is also a concern.

Since you are anyways planning for a subwoofer, then the size of the drivers on the different FS shouldn't apply.. There shouldn't be a significant difference between the models listed or compared here..
Great. One of the minor +ive point for me in 606 was the front ports covered with mesh. That would have helped to avoid kids putting in all sorts of stuff there. Learned that hard way when one day when cleaning heard rattling in my current subwoofer (which also has open front port) . tried to get things out and recovered several small toys, candies, pencils, wrappers, pens even some biscuit pieces :oops:. Had a hard time to get the stuff out that too whatever I was able to reach and catch.
Have to think of some temporary workaround to prevent this in 506 FS. Something can be used to block access to port when I am not around.

Once more main concern and query is on Center channel speakers in TAV set (should apply to all 3 TAV sets 506, 606 v3, 606SE). As main requirement is for movies where its said that center channel play a major part. TAV center channel speaker looks to be bit weaker than FS in all the sets. So wanted to check hows does it perform and does it match and do justice to front speakers in audio quality and output.
Also as 506 center has a ported design and 606 has a sealed design. Does it makes any difference.

A minor query on satellite speakers in set. As there speakers will be wall mounted without any gap from walls, does rear port in 506 satellites will have degraded performance compared to sealed satellites in 606.

Great. One of the minor +ive point for me in 606 was the front ports covered with mesh. That would have helped to avoid kids putting in all sorts of stuff there. Learned that hard way when one day when cleaning heard rattling in my current subwoofer (which also has open front port) . tried to get things out and recovered several small toys, candies, pencils, wrappers, pens even some biscuit pieces :oops:. Had a hard time to get the stuff out that too whatever I was able to reach and catch.
Love (others') naughty kids - reminds me of the time my 'then' kid practiced drag and drop by dragging windows to recyclebin :D

Once more main concern and query is on Center channel speakers in TAV set (should apply to all 3 TAV sets 506, 606 v3, 606SE). As main requirement is for movies where its said that center channel play a major part. TAV center channel speaker looks to be bit weaker than FS in all the sets. So wanted to check hows does it perform and does it match and do justice to front speakers in audio quality and output.
Also as 506 center has a ported design and 606 has a sealed design. Does it makes any difference.
I use 606SE.
Music sounds too bright - mids and to some extent highs are emphasized - probably much to do with my AVR also (Denon 2400). But strangely, the dialogues sound subdued when watching movies - I increased the centre channel level a bit to compensate. I am mostly using the audyssey settings and yet to tweak the crossovers and the centre speaker is mounted about two feet above ear level and not angled towards me. I have not experienced /do not understand the nuances of ported vs sealed, so cant help you there!
A minor query on satellite speakers in set. As there speakers will be wall mounted without any gap from walls, does rear port in 506 satellites will have degraded performance compared to sealed satellites in 606.
The centre and surround backs are wall mounted. The wall mounting did not degrade the performance of the 606 SE. But as you mentioned it is a sealed design.

Last edited:
I too was seriously considering Taga platinum but had to drop because of other reasons not related to audio quality. Did saw your posts on LCR 60SL and it looked good but is much more expensive nowdays and availability is also a concern.

I understand your concern.. LCR60 SL, when i bought it was a blind buy.. and ofcourse, i got it from ebay.in long back, when each speaker was abt 13K.. Now i guess it has gone up to 20K per speaker almost..

Great. One of the minor +ive point for me in 606 was the front ports covered with mesh. That would have helped to avoid kids putting in all sorts of stuff there. Learned that hard way when one day when cleaning heard rattling in my current subwoofer (which also has open front port) . tried to get things out and recovered several small toys, candies, pencils, wrappers, pens even some biscuit pieces :oops:. Had a hard time to get the stuff out that too whatever I was able to reach and catch.Have to think of some temporary workaround to prevent this in 506 FS. Something can be used to block access to port when I am not around.

Stick a mosquito mesh around the FS port and use cellophan tapes..

An unorthodox solution, if you may like it.. Find a dealer who does Taga in your city.. Pick 3 FS of 506 for your L-C-R.. Yes, three identical floor-standers for Left, Center & right.. Same sound signature.. The dealer might not agree to this, but you got to push him and get it..

Hard to beat identical 3-way Floor-stander for L-C-R, regardless of price..:)

If possible in future, try to have 5 identical floor-standers for your L-C-R-SL-SR.. You have a large room.. Take advantage of inexpensive speakers & use it better..;)

Since you anyways have a TV, you can mount it above the center channel FS..

If you think, the above is too much for your room or if you can't accommodate for practical reasons, get any of the above package and flip the horizontal center vertically.. A vertical center speaker (or) a 3-way horizontal center is better center speaker..

Also as 506 center has a ported design and 606 has a sealed design. Does it makes any difference A minor query on satellite speakers in set. As there speakers will be wall mounted without any gap from walls, does rear port in 506 satellites will have degraded performance compared to sealed satellites in 606.

Don't worry abt port.. You will use a crossover of 80 / 90Hz in your AVR.. so the surrounds wouldn't be producing any low bass.. No worries there..

Sorry for delayed response, got bit busy with work and holidays.

Love (others') naughty kids - reminds me of the time my 'then' kid practiced drag and drop by dragging windows to recyclebin :D
Haha.. Naughty+ Others kids are keywords here.

The centre and surround backs are wall mounted. The wall mounting did not degrade the performance of the 606 SE. But as you mentioned it is a sealed design.
Don't worry abt port.. You will use a crossover of 80 / 90Hz in your AVR.. so the surrounds wouldn't be producing any low bass.. No worries there..
I got wall mounts for satellite speakers and installed it on my current speakers over weekend. This puts rear speakers couple of inches off wall so hope that will help with reducing concerns with rear ports.

Stick a mosquito mesh around the FS port and use cellophan tapes..
Thought of this and will try but net stuck with cellophane tapes may spoil looks if not done properly. Another option I was thinking of was to cut/roll piece of foam sheet to size and insert it in port.

Hard to beat identical 3-way Floor-stander for L-C-R, regardless of price
If possible in future, try to have 5 identical floor-standers for your L-C-R-SL-SR.. You have a large room.. Take advantage of inexpensive speakers & use it better..;)
:)..something to think off.. have to think off on how to keep FS as center and also if such a deal is possible for dealer.
Rear may have to wall mount higher only as space may be issue. But this thought is for future only so will not break my head too much on how to do this.

Lots of thing to think about. Hope will be able figure soon.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back