Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

:)..something to think off.. have to think off on how to keep FS as center and also if such a deal is possible for dealer.

Cool.. If you have a TV, just mount it above the FS.. Dealers wouldn't easily agree to it.. Which was the reason i suggested to consider 5 FS for L-C-R-SL-SR.. 5 FS, they will consider it.. Better for you if it works out..

Selling the bookshelf speakers from the 5.0 speaker package to others is easy for the dealer..

What would be a good sub-woofer matching to TAV-606? Is SVS PB 1000 can be easily paired with this package. I am getting a good offer on this SVS sub. Should I go for it? Any kind of suggestion is welcome. :)

What would be a good sub-woofer matching to TAV-606? Is SVS PB 1000 can be easily paired with this package. I am getting a good offer on this SVS sub. Should I go for it? Any kind of suggestion is welcome. :)

You should be able to pair the SVS PB1000 with Taga TAV 606 5.0 package comfortably..

Was considering 3 x identical speakers for my brother for L-C-R, to be placed behind an Acoustic transparent screen in a HT set-up.. Though i did consider and shortlist some models for approx 60K, some models which i use (Taga Harmony Platinum LCR 60 SL) wasn't aval with the distributor.. Also considered some Floor standers.. An interesting model came up.. Taga TAV OW 60 LCRS (3-way speakers) came up.. It is an LCRS speakers, meaning L-C-R-Surrounds, to be mounted on wall..

98f554ff841a416c5e5dcc8a099b7169.jpeg__resize__1900

When the speakers are vertically oriented, the mid-range comes beside tweeter..

Manufacturer recommends orienting the speakers in different position for multi-channel use, which gives some flexibility to the user.. More over the depth of this speaker is shallow, just 15 cms.. Price per speaker is 19K (Hifimart), which was within my budget..

1481286431image.png

Wanted to give a try.. So ordered 3 pieces for L-C-R, for my brother.. Will share actual product images when i receive them..

A query-,
What would be the purpose of the 4 spikes that screw in into the base of the floorstanding speakers in the 506 series?

Can I use a TAGA TAV 606 SE 5.0 system, with 2 rear/surround (which one), 1 or 2 subwoofer and 2/4 ceiling in a 550 sq feet (29'L x 19'W) home theater? Or some other inexpensive solution?

Avr maybe Pioneer LX 303 or LX 503.

Was considering 3 x identical speakers for my brother for L-C-R, to be placed behind an Acoustic transparent screen in a HT set-up.. Though i did consider and shortlist some models for approx 60K, some models which i use (Taga Harmony Platinum LCR 60 SL) wasn't aval with the distributor.. Also considered some Floor standers.. An interesting model came up.. Taga TAV OW 60 LCRS (3-way speakers) came up.. It is an LCRS speakers, meaning L-C-R-Surrounds, to be mounted on wall..

98f554ff841a416c5e5dcc8a099b7169.jpeg__resize__1900

When the speakers are vertically oriented, the mid-range comes beside tweeter..

Manufacturer recommends orienting the speakers in different position for multi-channel use, which gives some flexibility to the user.. More over the depth of this speaker is shallow, just 15 cms.. Price per speaker is 19K (Hifimart), which was within my budget..

1481286431image.png

Wanted to give a try.. So ordered 3 pieces for L-C-R, for my brother.. Will share actual product images when i receive them..
Did you get them? Please share images, feedback on them and from where you bought them. Thanks for your time.

Did you get them? Please share images, feedback on them and from where you bought them. Thanks for your time.

Yes of course.. I got 3 of them for L-C-R.. I bought it from hifimart.com. Spoke to Anil (hifimart.com) and he helped me source it.. It is not listed on hifimart.com as it is onwall / installation kind of speakers.. But Anil would help you get them if you are interested.. Price paid is Rs 19,000 per speaker..

Missed to update this thread with pics.. Here are some..

SF4XWbD.jpg

xrND6Dk.jpg

jXsGk3u.jpg

9adDaoU.jpg

All the speakers are placed behind the 160 inch AT screen, tweeter matched to ear-level..

DdC4rwk.jpg

Yet to add any acoustics to front wall.. Will do so, overtime.. For now the speakers sounds very good to me in the living room predominantly used for movies..

There are two more ranges of the same model (Azure OW-80 LCRS & Platinum LCRS), priced higher.. Choose one depending on our budget, in-case if this interests you..

I need a suggestion for a center upgrade..

After placing my current platinum c-90 behind my AT Screen it feels a bit underpowered compared to my floorstanders.

Any suggestions as to which taga center to upgrade to? Preferably with a higher sensitivity.

I need a suggestion for a center upgrade..

After placing my current platinum c-90 behind my AT Screen it feels a bit underpowered compared to my floorstanders.

Any suggestions as to which taga center to upgrade to? Preferably with a higher sensitivity.

Hope you calibrated the system after placing the center speaker behind AT screen?..

How far is your center speaker from your LP?.. What is your set-up? Don't think you need an upgrade in speakers.. Some absorption beside the center channel will help you improve to some extent.. Plz share pics of speakers behind screen..

I too have Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL behind the screen and L/R outside the screen.. After calibration, center channel is 2 - 3 dB lesser in speaker levels than L/R speaker and didn't feel they are under-powered.. I have some absorption (6 inch think and atleast 24 inches wide) besides center channel speakers.. Pretty good clarity for vocals..

Last edited:
Hope you calibrated the system after placing the center speaker behind AT screen?..

How far is your center speaker from your LP?.. What is your set-up? Don't think you need an upgrade in speakers.. Some absorption beside the center channel will help you improve to some extent.. Plz share pics of speakers behind screen..

I too have Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL behind the screen and L/R outside the screen.. After calibration, center channel is 2 - 3 dB lesser in speaker levels than L/R speaker and didn't feel they are under-powered.. I have some absorption (6 inch think and atleast 24 inches wide) besides center channel speakers.. Pretty good clarity for vocals..

Although I didn't calibrate it after the switch. I could hear the volume was low and it's currently +3db compared to before.

My front speakers are the Taga F100 which aren't behind the screen. The main listening position is about 8 feet away. I think the 5.25" drivers in the center get over-powered by the triple 6.5" fronts.

My initial idea was to get an LCR to replace the center, but cannot find the LCR60 in stock anywhere..

Since the center is rear-ported it could be having some absorption in the back will negate what I'm feeling? I can't quite explain the sound but it's definitely not as crystal clear as before.

Although I didn't calibrate it after the switch. I could hear the volume was low and it's currently +3db compared to before.

I would suggest to re-calibrate it as the levels will be automatically adjusted.. Moreover, your listening position isnt too far from center speaker.. 8ft is well within reach of that speaker.. I sit 10.5 ft from center speaker (LCR60 SL)..

Since the center is rear-ported it could be having some absorption in the back will negate what I'm feeling? I can't quite explain the sound but it's definitely not as crystal clear as before.

Try adding absorption behind the screen and besides the center channel as thick as possible and check for improvement.. Panels aren't expensive.. Couple of thousands can get you 2 bundles of rockwool or equivalent material..

My front speakers are the Taga F100 which aren't behind the screen. The main listening position is about 8 feet away. I think the 5.25" drivers in the center get over-powered by the triple 6.5" fronts.

If you have the space to position F100 behind screen, consider getting a single FS as replacement for center channel overtime.. This way you may not feel L/R overpower the center..

My initial idea was to get an LCR to replace the center, but cannot find the LCR60 in stock anywhere..

This was my first choice too, for my brother.. I waited more than a month checking all websites and checking with distributor.. Sadly it wasn't aval.. Hence got the TAV OW 60 LCRS for him..

Yes of course.. I got 3 of them for L-C-R.. I bought it from hifimart.com. Spoke to Anil (hifimart.com) and he helped me source it.. It is not listed on hifimart.com as it is onwall / installation kind of speakers.. But Anil would help you get them if you are interested.. Price paid is Rs 19,000 per speaker..

Missed to update this thread with pics.. Here are some..

SF4XWbD.jpg

xrND6Dk.jpg

jXsGk3u.jpg

9adDaoU.jpg

All the speakers are placed behind the 160 inch AT screen, tweeter matched to ear-level..

DdC4rwk.jpg

Yet to add any acoustics to front wall.. Will do so, overtime.. For now the speakers sounds very good to me in the living room predominantly used for movies..

There are two more ranges of the same model (Azure OW-80 LCRS & Platinum LCRS), priced higher.. Choose one depending on our budget, in-case if this interests you..
These look good. Would love to know your detailed feedback on these speakers.

These look good. Would love to know your detailed feedback on these speakers.

Sure.. Will share.. I had brief session with the speaker post completion of DIY work, watched some movies clips and it did sound good to me.. Planning for absorption in-between L-C-R, above & below them shortly, which should give a better ability for speakers..

If you have the space to position F100 behind screen, consider getting a single FS as replacement for center channel overtime.. This way you may not feel L/R overpower the center..

Yeah, I might consider this on second thought..

This was my first choice too, for my brother.. I waited more than a month checking all websites and checking with distributor.. Sadly it wasn't aval.. Hence got the TAV OW 60 LCRS for him..

How much did a single TAV OW 60 LCRS cost you?

Yeah, I might consider this on second thought..

Cool.. One of the issues could be high freq reflections of the center channel behind the screen..I think you should try adding absorption in between L-C-R or the whole area behind screen as this will absorb the reflections and should be good improvement than it is now..

I was able to do that partially in my room, due to limitations.. But the benefit is very good in my room, fairly/clearly separating the L-C-R.. Even after doing all these and if it still doesn't improve, then you may consider FS..

How much did a single TAV OW 60 LCRS cost you?

19K per piece.. TAV is step down from Platinum range..

F100 as a center channel would a perfect match to L/R and the most ideal one.. Just in case you are not able to get it / locate it, you may also consider an other alternative from platinum range C-40 PR SE (3-way center channel) - https://www.tagaharmony.com/en/products/3603/centers/product/188/platinum-c-40pr-se

Last edited:
Hi members, I'm looking to upgrade my HTiB speakers.
I own a Yamaha YHT-1840. I have upgraded the sub to Taga Harmony SW10 already.
Should I go with TAV 506 or TAV 606?
Also is the website "nexthifi" reliable?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back