Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Hello all...going for an upgrade is always very exciting.....:D:D:D
Please guide me to upgrade to PLATINUM series. (Currently using TAV606SE)
(please see the attached image for specs)

BOOKSHELF:
S90SL has 5.25" driver, but Platinum one has only 4" driver.
But still platinum one is 3K more expensive.
Does the platinum ONE sound better than S90SL despite having a smaller driver?

Secondly, S90SL and S40 has similar specs. But S40 is 5.7k more expensive.
Does the S40 sound better in a way that extra money is worth?

CENTER:
C90SL and C40PR has nearly similar specs. But C40PR is 3.5k more.
Does it sound better for that extra price?

Secondly, does the LCR60 sound better than the above two models?

COMBINATION:
Will there be any timber mismatch if I use LCR60 as center and any of the above bookshelfs in platinum series?
Or....
Using 3 LCR60 for Left, Right & Center will be superior to all the above combinations?

(Hope my queries are not confusing.... but i tried to put it as simple as possible....)

Platinum TAGA.JPG

(Hope my queries are not confusing.... but i tried to put it as simple as possible....)

From my understanding of Taga products, SL series represent the "Slim" range from platinum series.. So effectively the speaker depth is less on all SL range of speakers.. If you don't want speakers protruding from wall, SL will be good option.. SL also uses the same drivers from Platinum range..

You can check the product dimensions for each BS.. SL series will have lesser depth (12cm), the rest will have more (30cm)..

Will there be any timber mismatch if I use LCR60 as center and any of the above bookshelfs in platinum series?

Nope.. it wont.. You can safely use..

Using 3 LCR60 for Left, Right & Center will be superior to all the above combinations?

Yes.. you can.. Best to match 3 front speakers.. Very recently, i got LCR 60 and now have 5 x LCR 60 speakers for bed channels..Sounds great & more than happy with it..

5 x LCR 60 :eek::eek::eek::D:D

Thank you very much elangoas !! Space is not a problem for me.

I listed the combinations based on price. (please see the image)
Can I assume the sound quality also increases in the same order?

Option1 is the starting models in platinum series.
Still, I hope its an upgrade compared to TAV606SE?
If Option1 itself is an upgrade, then I can choose any other option based on budget.

I am looking at Options 2,4 & 6. The cheaper the better.
(Option 6 is almost like having two floor standers and a center channel)

upgrade_2.JPG

Any suggestions please.... Sound quality is far better in Platinum. That i understand.
I am looking for power and punch as well....

Last edited:
5 x LCR 60 :eek::eek::eek::D:D

Thank you very much elangoas !! Space is not a problem for me.

I listed the combinations based on price. (please see the image)
Can I assume the sound quality also increases in the same order?

Option1 is the starting models in platinum series.
Still, I hope its an upgrade compared to TAV606SE?
If Option1 itself is an upgrade, then I can choose any other option based on budget.

I am looking at Options 2,4 & 6. The cheaper the better.
(Option 6 is almost like having two floor standers and a center channel)

View attachment 27287

Any suggestions please.... Sound quality is far better in Platinum. That i understand.
I am looking for power and punch as well....

Anyways, since you are upgrading from TAV series, i would suggest identical speakers across all locations ( i mean use a single speaker at all locations)..

So i understand you roughly have a budget of 50K and want to complete L,C,R for now right?.. Hope you already have a sub..

I hope its an upgrade compared to TAV606SE
Undoubtedly it's an upgrade.
I took audition of Tav 606 se,616, azure f100 and platinum f120.their price and sound quality are in the same order.c100 is a good center channel.im taking platinum f120,c 100(center) and s100(surrounds).if you cannot afford platinum series you can try azure as well.if you look for power and punch you should have a look at platinum f120.that will be a huge upgrade from your 606 se.

Undoubtedly it's an upgrade.
I took audition of Tav 606 se,616, azure f100 and platinum f120.their price and sound quality are in the same order.c100 is a good center channel.im taking platinum f120,c 100(center) and s100(surrounds).if you cannot afford platinum series you can try azure as well.if you look for power and punch you should have a look at platinum f120.that will be a huge upgrade from your 606 se.
Hey Sasank....
your enthusiasm is always encouraging :D:D
Congratulations on your awesome picks.
For me, I have to deal for left, right, & center under 40-50k max.

Anyways, since you are upgrading from TAV series, i would suggest identical speakers across all locations ( i mean use a single speaker at all locations)..

So i understand you roughly have a budget of 50K and want to complete L,C,R for now right?.. Hope you already have a sub..
I have a sub elangoas...
I dont have a budget. But hey ... I have a credit card :p:D:D
Any way.... yes.... Center, left and right under 40 to 50k max will be fine.

if identical speakers are the point, I have to go with OPTION 7.
Little heavy on pocket, but i can still manage.

On a lower side, if Option 4 can sound "nearly" as good as option 6 or 7, it very comfortable on pocket.
How ever......If Option 6 or 7 sound significantly better than Option4 I will go for it.

I have a sub elangoas...
I dont have a budget. But hey ... I have a credit card :p:D:D
Any way.... yes.... Center, left and right under 40 to 50k max will be fine.

Little heavy on pocket, but i can still manage.

OK.. If you can get LCR 60 SL for L,C,R would be great..

if identical speakers are the point, I have to go with OPTION 7.

Identical speakers would be good, but not necessarily expensive speakers.. You can settle for S90 SL x 3/ 4 pairs.. You will have 6/8 speakers.. (you can use the 6th/8th speaker as surr back when you upgrade to bigger AVR over time..) For now you can use 5/7 speakers for SL, L, C, R, SR channels..
Hope i was clear..

If you don't like the idea of identical speakers, you can settle for 2 pairs of S90 SL & C90 SL for your 5.0 set-up.. Any bigger speakers then these isn't much beneficial as you already have sub..

Thank you elangoas !!!☺️☺️
Just called hifimart. Lcr60 is not in stock, and they are not expecting its availability any time soon. Delisted from eBay too.
(You are very lucky :):))

Amazon has that model but 17k each (pricy). That's fine but not sure how genuine the seller is, and warranty. Il try to figure out.

Secondly, my sub may sound boomy in some movies. So I need a setup that can give a manageable "tight bass" even without sub. (I see sub as a bonus)

So if LCR60 is unavailable, il go for PLATINUM F60 floor standers. (I have a hard time convincing Bookshelf gives tight bass as compared to Fs with multiple drivers. -my ignorance may be)

Damn....so many taughts.... Sorry for killing ur time !!

Last edited:
thank you sasank, your choice is tempting F120 :D:D but I cant go for it now.
If LCR60 is unavailable, il think about PLATINUM F60 floor standers.
I hope it should be fine ... what do you say...
Basically, even if I dont use a sub, still the setup should manage a movie with a decent bass.

(somehow im still stuck in an armature notion that FS is always punchy compared to a similar BS...)

Amazon has that model but 17k each (pricy). That's fine but not sure how genuine the seller is, and warranty. Il try to figure out.

I think the seller has rating of 4/5 which is good..Shouldn't be a problem there..

Secondly, my sub may sound boomy in some movies.

A subs performance is mostly dictated by room placement.. If you have it in a corner, trying moving it in to the room (if thats possible)..

il go for PLATINUM F60 floor standers. (I have a hard time convincing Bookshelf gives tight bass as compared to Fs with multiple drivers. -my ignorance may be)

When you already have a sub, getting a FS wouldn't add much.. Even if you get FS, it would do the same job as BS along with a sub..

But, if you are convinced of FS, you should get them..

Basically, even if I dont use a sub, still the setup should manage a movie with a decent bass.

Yes.. it should.. But you will miss out on the dedicated LFE in movies if you don't have a sub..

All right !!!!!!:D:D:D Jamsticks says there is no stock in the company itself !!!
elangoas.... again you are very lucky..... :eek: no stocks !!!

So placed the order for two LCR60s ;) from amazon.
order quantity limited to 2 per person.
I will order 3rd one from a different login .....
(but just want to check..... 2 x LCR60 + C40 as center will also do right??? )

All right !!!!!!:D:D:D Jamsticks says there is no stock in the company itself !!!
elangoas.... again you are very lucky..... :eek: no stocks !!!

Yeah lucky me to have got those speakers.. I wanted to go identical speakers for a long time.. Finally, it happened..

So placed the order for two LCR60s ;) from amazon.
order quantity limited to 2 per person.
I will order 3rd one from a different login ....

Congrats..

(but just want to check..... 2 x LCR60 + C40 as center will also do right??? )

Yes.. It will.. But don't let that diff of 7K, influence C40 over LCR60..get one more LCR 60 and use it as center channel.. These speakers are wall mountable both horizontally & vertically and have shallow depth..

If i recollect your room & the projector screen correctly, you must now be able to hide all the speakers placed vertically on wall with an AT screen for projector..;)

Your soundstage across the front speakers will be identical..

It is the user who makes a better HT experience, not the brand :)..

yeah... il get the third one too !!!

And yes, i can place the center channel vertically behind the screen :):)
But didnt buy a screen yet ... due to my kid :rolleyes:

yeah... il get the third one too !!!

And yes, i can place the center channel vertically behind the screen :):)
But didnt buy a screen yet ... due to my kid :rolleyes:

Until you make a DIY AT screen for your projector, mount the center speakers horizontally on the wall.. For now you are projecting on wall right ?

Once you have done the screen, you can then mount the center vertically behind the screen..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back