Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Ooooh yes !!! this is the one im struggling to understand !!!
The height and width of Platinum ONE are smaller than S90SL. But the depth is 4cm more, and it is ported too !!!! I didn't notice it earlier.....
But its very nice to have a small speaker with good performance !!!!

And yes !!! I set the center as small and use it with 80Hz crossover !!! that's a good point !!

I won't buy anything for the next one month at least... I will keep tracking LCR60 availability :eek::eek:o_O hope it comes back

yes of course...
and by the way .... I wonder .... bigger or ported cabinets are useful only for achieving low frequencies (better bass) ???
or.... do they give overall better sound quality ???
I mean, the highs and mids are not much dependent on box size or ports ?

yes of course...
and by the way .... I wonder .... bigger or ported cabinets are useful only for achieving low frequencies (better bass) ???
or.... do they give overall better sound quality ???
I mean, the highs and mids are not much dependent on box size or ports ?

Don't think i would be the right person to answer this, as not aware of technicals in-detail.. But IMO, bigger dimensions in a speaker is to hit lower..

BTW i have near heard a sealed BS speaker.. Sealed are said to be better than ported for bass reproduction..

You have S90SL + Sub in stereo.. How does the BS sound w.r.t bass in stereo?..

That... i have to check.....Since im using with 80Hz crossover, the avr may not be sending any lower freq. to the fronts I guess...

But as of now, with 80Hz crossover, the bass is very minimum, but its tight.
But when the sub is on, the combo is really nice!!!

I will reduce the crossover and see how much bass they are giving. I will let you know as soon as I test it...

ok ... this is how i Checked S90SL with a few songs:
1. Flac songs, Pen drive connected to Avr
2. Flac songs, played from laptop using windows media player (tried different equalizer settings)

Crossover set at 40Hz in avr.
1. The bass is surely increased compared to 80Hz setting. But its not a huge increment. Its a moderate increment.
2. At low & medium volume, the bass is good to listen.
3. At moderate high volume & high volume, the bass is not pleasant to listen, and it is killing clarity in mids and treble.

Overall, whatever may be the crossover, 80 or 40Hz, bass is ok (not very good) upto medium volume.
Any volume more than that, bass is not nice to listen.
Sub is a must for S90SL, and they are very nice in highs and vocals @12K

In clarity and sound quality department, they beat the towers in TAV606SE.
But in terms of high volume, power and punch, TAV606 towers are better than S90SL+Sub.
At a volume of say -10 towers sound very loud, but they don't distort.
But at that volume, S90SL tends to loose clarity.

Has anybody reviewed or heard Taga Harmony Platinum One? The size is small and according to specs it goes all the way down to 44Hz. And taga mentions it as a special project using high quality components.

How will compare against Boston Accoustics A26 bookshelf.

Has anybody reviewed or heard Taga Harmony Platinum One? The size is small and according to specs it goes all the way down to 44Hz. And taga mentions it as a special project using high quality components.

How will compare against Boston Accoustics A26 bookshelf.
I purchased both Platinum S90Sl and Platinum One. But I need few more days to give an opinion. I just placed them side by side on my desk. I have to position them properly in my room and then I can say something about them.

did you get a chance to setup S90SL and Platinum One? I am planning to upgrade my speakers and I am confused between S90SL and Platinum One so waiting for your valuable inputs btw where did you buy S90SL for 12.5?

Which speakers do you have now ???

Both Platinum One and S90SL sounded very similar. Trebles sound same in both cases.
Platinum One is a slightly better in terms of mids and bass. But the Difference is not huge.

Both models definitely need a sub woofer to enjoy movies. Platinum One has a rear port. So it is not ideal for wall mounting. Also the depth is 9inches, while S90sl is 6.5 inch deep.

If you have a sub, Platinum One and S90Sl both will be good for the price. Decide based on mounting options.

I'm using Platinum One as fronts, and C90SL as center. Combined with a sub, this combo is very good for the price. I can't say anything if we compare them with expensive brands. But when compared with Similar sized speakers, in similar budget, they are surely good. Sound quality improved after using for a week days.

Thanks for the reply, There is a 3K price difference, S90SL is 15.5K and Platinum One in 12.9K so thinking whether to go with S90SL or Platinum One. I will place fronts & center on my TV unit

Where to audition Taga Hybrid amplifiers and Bookshelf speakers in chennai,

I am looking for suitable Integrated amplifier to run my Scansonic S4 speakers. Pl find below spec of speakers and suggest me which amp is best.
Budget close to 20K for Amp.

Technical information
  • Power handling: 100 W
  • Frequency range: 60-20,000Hz
  • Sensitivity: 86 dB
  • Impedance: 8 ohms (min. 4 ohms)

All right !!!!!!:D:D:D Jamsticks says there is no stock in the company itself !!!
elangoas.... again you are very lucky..... :eek: no stocks !!!

So placed the order for two LCR60s ;) from amazon.
order quantity limited to 2 per person.
I will order 3rd one from a different login .....
(but just want to check..... 2 x LCR60 + C40 as center will also do right??? )
Did you tried it in here for availability.

No idea about this website

LCR-60 SL

that order was a disaster ... after placing the order in amazon, the seller said stocks are unavailable.
I cancelled and got the refund though... now the stocks are available, but the price increased to 20k (2 months back it was 15k each)

Where to audition Taga Hybrid amplifiers and Bookshelf speakers in chennai,

There is a small store in Chennai to experience Taga products..

D S Audio Store
No 5 1st Floor, M D Hussain Sahib Street, Mount Road, Chennai - 600002, Near Prns Sons & Riche Street.

044 - 43227560, 98407 39261.. (Not sure if this is the correct contact #).. Kindly check..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back