Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Did you mean to say, you sold the TSW 120 to get to a better sub ?.. Yes

When using 2nd RCA input on the sub, the SPL increases by +3dB without increasing subwoofer volume knob, which is the same as using a single RCA input on the sub + raising the subwoofer volume knob..

Best thing once can do is put the sub in ideal location, according to your room dimensions to get best response..

Between the two, it would be hard to suggest one over the other.. I have dual SW10 v.2 and the lowest response that it could in my room was 22Hz.. It is also from the higher series, platinum range.. TSW 200 being a 12 inch should be equally capable.. If the price difference between the two is not much, then go for SW 10v.2..

Hi all. WasGood to see all discussions. Now taking part as I'm looking to get the taga harmony 616 floor standers V3.0. does anyone know how good this is?

I have almost decided to buy F-90SL but before placing the I called Vikram(Jamstics) about delivery timelines and he suggested me to go with either AZURE F-100 V2 or Platinum F-120(if budget permits), he says that F-90SL is aesthetically good but not acoustic, Now I have below questions

1. Is Azure F-100 better than F-90SL in terms of Sound quality, from the FM I have learnt that Platinum is the best
2. All my speakers/SW are from Taga (SW200, Platinum C60, Platinum S100) , if I buy any other brand of floor standers like (Zensor Z5 Floor) will it affect the sound quality

Thanks,
Mahender.

I have almost decided to buy F-90SL but before placing the I called Vikram(Jamstics) about delivery timelines and he suggested me to go with either AZURE F-100 V2 or Platinum F-120(if budget permits), he says that F-90SL is aesthetically good but not acoustic, Now I have below questions

1. Is Azure F-100 better than F-90SL in terms of Sound quality, from the FM I have learnt that Platinum is the best
2. All my speakers/SW are from Taga (SW200, Platinum C60, Platinum S100) , if I buy any other brand of floor standers like (Zensor Z5 Floor) will it affect the sound quality

Thanks,
Mahender.
I have been in touch with Vikram regarding F-90 SL since last 1 month. It seems it is not going to be in stock anytime soon, so he suggested Azure F-100 to me as well. But that cabinet is much bigger; plus it is rear-ported so you need to leave enough space at the back. So I finally went with the front ported F-60 SL from HifiMart. Did some research and found some great reviews in German and Polish sites. But still bit sceptical about the 4 inch drivers. Will post my initial impressions once I receive them in the next 2-3 days. However if space was not a concern for me, I would have gone for Platinum F-120 over Azure F-100. BTW the platinum C-90 SL centre speaker is awesome. Just watched Avengers Infinity War in DTS and the dialogues were crystal clear. Also I almost bought the Boston Acoustics A360. In Amazon it is currently available for an incredible price of 31k a pair. I had auditioned them at a friend's place in US a long time back and they were extremely musical. However it seems Boston Acoustics is on the verge of shutting down and the A series has been discontinued for quite some time. So decided to stick to Taga.

Last edited:
I have been in touch with Vikram regarding F-90 SL since last 1 month. It seems it is not going to be in stock anytime soon, so he suggested Azure F-100 to me as well. But that cabinet is much bigger; plus it is rear-ported so you need to leave enough space at the back. So I finally went with the front ported F-60 SL from HifiMart. Did some research and found some great reviews in German and Polish sites. But still bit sceptical about the 4 inch drivers. Will post my initial impressions once I receive them in the next 2-3 days. However if space was not a concern for me, I would have gone for Platinum F-120 over Azure F-100. BTW the platinum C-90 SL centre speaker is awesome. Just watched Avengers Infinity War in DTS and the dialogues were crystal clear. Also I almost bought the Boston Acoustics A360. In Amazon it is currently available for an incredible price of 31k a pair. I had auditioned them at a friend's place in US a long time back and they were extremely musical. However it seems Boston Acoustics is on the verge of shutting down and the A series has been discontinued for quite some time. So decided to stick to Taga.

Oh, He did not tell me it is not available, on portal also the status is available.

Guys,

Might be a little off track but a few FMs on the forum directed me to here for my query.

I have a Norge 1000 Amp. I was looking at Taga Harmony Azure B-40 V2 to pair them up with my Norge. Does anyone have any experience ? Or guide me to a place where I can demo them in Bangalore ?

Oh, He did not tell me it is not available, on portal also the status is available.
His portal is definitely not upto date. Many of the items showing in stock are not unavailable, so always call him before placing an order. Infact the F-90 SL is out of stock throughout India. I have enquired with almost all dealers and retailers in India.

Guys any one using Taga Tav 616f floor standing speakers? how does it sound when compered to Tav 606se's is it any good or 606se would be better? look wise 616f looks premium than 606se but not sure about the sound quality, please suggest.

Guys any one using Taga Tav 616f floor standing speakers? how does it sound when compered to Tav 606se's is it any good or 606se would be better? look wise 616f looks premium than 606se but not sure about the sound quality, please suggest.
Hey,I'm not using Tav 616.but I took audition of both 606se and 616.i heard same content in both of them in the same location and that too one after the other immediately.so I think I can answer your question.definately 616 is better than 606se.no doubt in that.it is better in terms of sound clarity and better bass.if you could afford consider azure f100 which is lot better than these two.if not 616 is a better choice and value for money.thank you.

Hey,I'm not using Tav 616.but I took audition of both 606se and 616.i heard same content in both of them in the same location and that too one after the other immediately.so I think I can answer your question. definately 616 is better than 606se.no doubt in that.it is better in terms of sound clarity and better bass.if you could afford consider azure f100 which is lot better than these two.if not 616 is a better choice and value for money.thank you.
Thanks for your prompt response Sasank, i was thinking opting for 616f as front and go for Azure C-40 & S-40 for Center and surround but there is also an combo of 616c &616s for Center and surround which is ment for 616f. and there is also Azure F60 i think which is in the same price range of 616f but it comes with only 3 way speakers any suggestions?

Finally received my Taga Harmony F-60 SL yesterday. Not sure why but Hifimart had shipped it thorough a local Mumbai based unknown logistics company and they messed up the delivery process by keeping the product at their Bangalore warehouse for more than 5 days. Luckily the product was extremely well packaged, so there has been no damages. Now here are my initial impressions:
  • Extremely well built with very good fit and finish and in spite having a narrow profile, they are still heavy and pretty tall at around a metre. The package includes a high quality plinth with all necessary screws and aluminium spikes. The speakers are aesthetically very pleasing and has a chic look.
  • I played both Flac and MP3 music and some 4K movies and there is no doubt that there is a big improvement over my existing Harman Kardon satellite speakers. However as expected it does not have a great low end and you will definitely need a subwoofer if you want that thumping effect (specially for movies). Taga says it goes as low as 35 Hz but I doubt that it even goes below 50 Hz. But its the mids and the highs where the speakers really shine with crystal clear vocals. I am using these with my 200 watts Harman Kardon subwoofer and its filling my pretty large living/dining room with blissful music at moderate volumes.
  • I think with time these will sound even better after the initial break-in. Also yet to run the YPAO automatic configuration since cannot locate the microphone:( For now I have set everything as small and crossover at 80 Hz.
  • I am using the Harman Kardon satellites as front presence speakers to help in dialogue lift and cinema 3d. But so far cannot notice any improvements in dialogues or surround 3d effect. However I understand they have not been placed in an ideal location.
Overall I am satisfied but would have still liked to go with the slightly bigger F-90 SL hoping it would have a better low end.

Taga F-60 SL.jpg

Finally received my Taga Harmony F-60 SL yesterday. Not sure why but Hifimart had shipped it thorough a local Mumbai based unknown logistics company and they messed up the delivery process by keeping the product at their Bangalore warehouse for more than 5 days. Luckily the product was extremely well packaged, so there has been no damages. Now here are my initial impressions:
  • Extremely well built with very good fit and finish and in spite having a narrow profile, they are still heavy and pretty tall at around a metre. The package includes a high quality plinth with all necessary screws and aluminium spikes. The speakers are aesthetically very pleasing and has a chic look.
  • I played both Flac and MP3 music and some 4K movies and there is no doubt that there is a big improvement over my existing Harman Kardon satellite speakers. However as expected it does not have a great low end and you will definitely need a subwoofer if you want that thumping effect (specially for movies). Taga says it goes as low as 35 Hz but I doubt that it even goes below 50 Hz. But its the mids and the highs where the speakers really shine with crystal clear vocals. I am using these with my 200 watts Harman Kardon subwoofer and its filling my pretty large living/dining room with blissful music at moderate volumes.
  • I think with time these will sound even better after the initial break-in. Also yet to run the YPAO automatic configuration since cannot locate the microphone:( For now I have set everything as small and crossover at 80 Hz.
  • I am using the Harman Kardon satellites as front presence speakers to help in dialogue lift and cinema 3d. But so far cannot notice any improvements in dialogues or surround 3d effect. However I understand they have not been placed in an ideal location.
Overall I am satisfied but would have still liked to go with the slightly bigger F-90 SL hoping it would have a better low end.

View attachment 29522
@ashisban
Very nice setup. Did you compare Taga Harmony Platinum F-60 SL with Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL ? Drives looks the same.
Just curious, will be there any advantage / disadvantage if I pair Taga Harmony Platinum F-60 SL with Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL, instead of 3x Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL. Since I like the look of tower in living room, I am asking this.

Also, @elangoas your comments please.

@ashisban
Very nice setup. Did you compare Taga Harmony Platinum F-60 SL with Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL ? Drives looks the same.
Just curious, will be there any advantage / disadvantage if I pair Taga Harmony Platinum F-60 SL with Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL, instead of 3x Taga Harmony Platinum LCR60 SL. Since I like the look of tower in living room, I am asking this.

Also, @elangoas your comments please.
I also had the same dilemma; specially considering LCR-60 SL is currently available on Amazon for only 14k. However the cabinet of F-60 SL is bigger than the LCR, so may be it will have somewhat better low end performance. The other negative point (at least for me) of the LCR is that it has to be wall-mounted and I did not have the sufficient space on the right hand side. But LCR would have been an excellent centre channel speaker for my setup. However no regrets, the C-90 SL has been wonderful so far and I got it for only 9.5k.

Last edited:
I also had the same dilemma; specially considering LCR-60 SL is currently available on Amazon for only 14k. However the cabinet of F-60 SL is bigger than the LCR, so may be it will have somewhat better low end performance. The other negative point (at least for me) of the LCR is that it has to be wall-mounted and I did not have the sufficient space on the right hand side. But LCR would have been an excellent centre channel speaker for my setup. However no regrets, the C-90 SL has been wonderful so far and I got it for only 9.5k.
You had demo somewhere in Bangalore ? Either F-60 SL or LCR-60 SL ?

Since it is from the same series, it should be timbre matched with other platinum range speakers (F60 SL).. so no issues there.. When you have a sub, you can overlook FS..Wall mounting is very comfortable even in tight spaces.. Again my choice would be 3 x LCR 60 SL for fronts..:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back