Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Hey guys,

I need to choose within the Platinum Slim and V2 series so I any suggestion which one produce better sound.

Platinum S-40 vs Platinum S-90 SL
Platinum C-40PR vs Platinum C-90 SL

There is a small store in Chennai to experience Taga products..

D S Audio Store
No 5 1st Floor, M D Hussain Sahib Street, Mount Road, Chennai - 600002, Near Prns Sons & Riche Street.

044 - 43227560, 98407 39261.. (Not sure if this is the correct contact #).. Kindly check..

Thanks elangoas, I have asked store for the new models, Yet to receive the price and availability of new models (HTA-25B).
Mean while, how is the Taga Hybrid amplifiers , any one has purchased from our group. Kindly share your views.

Hey guys,

I need to choose within the Platinum Slim and V2 series so I any suggestion which one produce better sound.

Platinum S-40 vs Platinum S-90 SL
Platinum C-40PR vs Platinum C-90 SL
I am using S90SL and C90SL.
Compared to these models, the other two models you mentioned will give some more extra bass and they may sound little more louder. That might be the only difference. If you have good subwoofer, S90SL and C90SL are enough.

I own Platinum sub SW-10 v.2 since April 2017. Until now it was working perfectly fine but recently it is producing some kind of rattling noise in bass intense scenes. I have checked all the connections everything seems ok. The rattling noise is coming from the driver. Kindly suggest me any possible troubleshooting measures and provide me the service center address available in Chennai.

I own Platinum sub SW-10 v.2 since April 2017. Until now it was working perfectly fine but recently it is producing some kind of rattling noise in bass intense scenes. I have checked all the connections everything seems ok. The rattling noise is coming from the driver. Kindly suggest me any possible troubleshooting measures and provide me the service center address available in Chennai.

Since it is more than a year old, it is outside warranty.. Anyways, check with the delaer on the authorized service center in Chennai..

I had my sub issues fixed from the below authorised dealer in Chennai

View attachment 25988
Landmark : Behind Le Royal Méridien (Guindy)

Since it is more than a year old, it is outside warranty.. Anyways, check with the delaer on the authorized service center in Chennai..

View attachment 25988

View attachment 25988
thank you Mr. Elangoas.

I am using S90SL and C90SL.
Compared to these models, the other two models you mentioned will give some more extra bass and they may sound little more louder. That might be the only difference. If you have good subwoofer, S90SL and C90SL are enough.
I have been closely following your posts regarding Taga Harmony speakers. I am planning to upgrade my Harman-Kardon satellite home theatre speakers into something big. I initially planned to get the Taga 606 SE standard package. However after reading all these posts, it seems the Taga Platinum series is much better option although it will be almost twice as expensive. However I do not intend to upgrade at least in the next 5 years, so probably can extend my budget for the platinum series. In that case I will only go for a pair of floor standing and a center speaker from the platinum series and continue using the Harman Kardon sub-woofer and the existing satellites as front presence and rear surround speakers. In that case can anyone suggest a good combination for around 50k? Or do you think the 606 SE will have enough juice and I should save the extra cash? I use the 7.2 channel Yamaha RX-V667 as my AV receiver. My usage is around 60% movies and 40% music.

Last edited:
If you have provision to mount bookshelfs, Platinum B40+Platinum C100 will be more than enough.
FS unnecessary if you have a good sub. The above combo falls under 40k. The remaining you can spend on sub.

(Currently im using PlatinumOne+C90SL. That itself is enough for me.
Purely due to mounting issues and stands, I see towers as an easy option)

If you have provision to mount bookshelfs, Platinum B40+Platinum C100 will be more than enough.
FS unnecessary if you have a good sub. The above combo falls under 40k. The remaining you can spend on sub.

(Currently im using PlatinumOne+C90SL. That itself is enough for me.
Purely due to mounting issues and stands, I see towers as an easy option)
Thanks for your response. Mounting of bookshelves is indeed an issue for me unless I buy separate stands. In fact I was interested in B40 and also the Wharfedale Diamond 225. But both will partially cover the lower portion of my wall mounted TV, if placed directly on the TV cabinet top. BTW I can get the F60 SL and C90 SL for 50k, do you have any idea how good the slim towers will sound compared to the normal F60/F100?

frequency responce and sensitivity are same for F60SL and F60.
But max. power handling for F60SL is 150W and for F60 is upto 230W.
Of course we never use full power any way,...but its clear that F60 can handle much more power than F60SL. May be it can play much louder.

Secondly, F60 has bigger cabinet and bigger drivers, and my "wild guess" is that F60 may sound with better bass.
F60SL may have better mids.
Company says they made the speakers slim without effecting the sound.
I have not listened either. So everything is a guess work.

Which Taga speakers are good alternative or similar to Wharfedale Diamond 220.

Suggest me ,if you guys already audition Taga models

Which Taga speakers are good alternative or similar to Wharfedale Diamond 220.

Suggest me ,if you guys already audition Taga models
I think Platinum S-40 will be a direct competitor for Diamond 220. I recently auditioned the bigger B-40 which competes with Diamond 225 (at 20% less price) and they were awesome. However due to mounting issues, I am more tilted towards the Tower speakers from Taga platinum series

frequency responce and sensitivity are same for F60SL and F60.
But max. power handling for F60SL is 150W and for F60 is upto 230W.
Of course we never use full power any way,...but its clear that F60 can handle much more power than F60SL. May be it can play much louder.

Secondly, F60 has bigger cabinet and bigger drivers, and my "wild guess" is that F60 may sound with better bass.
F60SL may have better mids.
Company says they made the speakers slim without effecting the sound.
I have not listened either. So everything is a guess work.
I have ordered the C90 SL from ebay at a very competitive price. Now the dilemma is between F60 SL and F90 SL. I prefer the F90 SL but its not in stock at the moment. Tried both Jamsticks and Hifimart, and both are telling to wait for about a month. Was hoping to get a good deal on Amazon Prime Day but unfortunately could not find anything from the platinum series. However one retailer was selling the 606 SE 5 speaker package for 27.5 K. With the discounts final price would have been a very lucrative sub 26k. However, have already made up my mind regarding the platinum series.

View attachment 25988
Hello Elangoas can you please confirm the Taga SW10 v.2 Sub is an 150watt or 175watt?

I think SW10 v.2 is 175watt..
Thanks for your input, since you say you think? i am sure you would have gotten your user manual with the sub i believe coz websites say its an 150watt,
one more thing wanted to check is does SW10 has an LFE input ? coz on the pic we get to see only Left & Right RCA input but there seems to be no single LFE input, could you please confirm,

Thanks for your input, since you say you think?

Since i wasn't sure and vaguely recollect that v2 was 175 watt..

i am sure you would have gotten your user manual with the sub i believe coz websites say its an 150watt,

Though i have the SW10 v.2, the manual was of SW10 v.1, 150Watts.. So SW 10v.2 is 175 watts..

Here is some info from Taga website to confirm on the same..

What is new in v.2 series:
  • Increased power of built-in amplifier from 150W RMS to 175W RMS.

one more thing wanted to check is does SW10 has an LFE input ? coz on the pic we get to see only Left & Right RCA input but there seems to be no single LFE input, could you please confirm,

The Taga SW10 v.2 has dual RCA inputs only and doesn't have a dedicated LFE input labelled.. Per manual, the white RCA port is to be used for LFE sources..

Alternatively, you can also use single RCA (to connect to AVR) to dual RCA cable (to connect to Taga SW10v.2 subwoofer).. I have been using it this way.. Amazon basics cable..

Since i wasn't sure and vaguely recollect that v2 was 175 watt..

Though i have the SW10 v.2, the manual was of SW10 v.1, 150Watts.. So SW 10v.2 is 175 watts..

Here is some info from Taga website to confirm on the same..

The Taga SW10 v.2 has dual RCA inputs only and doesn't have a dedicated LFE input labelled.. Per manual, the white RCA port is to be used for LFE sources..

Alternatively, you can also use single RCA (to connect to AVR) to dual RCA cable (to connect to Taga SW10v.2 subwoofer).. I have been using it this way.. Amazon basics cable..
Thanks for your input elango, i have given away my TSW120 which had dual RCA input and an dedicated LFE input i was connecting through the LFE it was sounding good and i also read the experience of one of our FM saying the sw10 sub was very boomy while he was connecting through dual RCA input, later when he changed to single RCA the bass was more tight and precise,
i am planning for SW10 and i also have TSW200 in mind but it will be better to take an openion from experienced people like you.

i have given away my TSW120 which had dual RCA input and an dedicated LFE input i was connecting through the LFE it was sounding good

Did you mean to say, you sold the TSW 120 to get to a better sub ?..

and i also read the experience of one of our FM saying the sw10 sub was very boomy while he was connecting through dual RCA input, later when he changed to single RCA the bass was more tight and precise,

When using 2nd RCA input on the sub, the SPL increases by +3dB without increasing subwoofer volume knob, which is the same as using a single RCA input on the sub + raising the subwoofer volume knob..

Best thing once can do is put the sub in ideal location, according to your room dimensions to get best response..

i am planning for SW10 and i also have TSW200 in mind

Between the two, it would be hard to suggest one over the other.. I have dual SW10 v.2 and the lowest response that it could in my room was 22Hz.. It is also from the higher series, platinum range.. TSW 200 being a 12 inch should be equally capable.. If the price difference between the two is not much, then go for SW 10v.2..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back