Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

sure..... il mount center channel vertically as and when possible...
i read the article you shared about "horizontal lobing errors" thanks a lot !!!!

Hey Sasank..... you might want to check the link .... elangoas shared earlier...
https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/center-channel-designs-1
before buying a center channel. Or... you can see the possibility of mounting center channel vertically if that helps ....

Last edited:
Just one more query guys...
LCR60SL when placed on the wall vertically, the tweeter in the middle should be at ear level (height) right ???

Secondly, when its wall mounted, how do we tilt it so that it faces the person sitting at the middle of the room?? I can figure out a way.... But just asking if it's fine to leave it parallel to the wall...

Just one more query guys...
LCR60SL when placed on the wall vertically, the tweeter in the middle should be at ear level (height) right ???

Yes.. The tweeter must be at the ear level..

Secondly, when its wall mounted, how do we tilt it so that it faces the person sitting at the middle of the room?? I can figure out a way.... But just asking if it's fine to leave it parallel to the wall...

I had done some DIY methods for Rs 400/-.. Here are some pics of the same..

This is made of 18mm ply wood.. I placed the speaker on plywood, marked the frame over it with pencil and then cut it to exact dimensions of speaker.. Also attached door keels to the plywood, as this will help to tilt the speaker to your listening position.. It is not complex, just needs some time..

The 2nd image will show you that i have titled the speaker towards listening position (Surround speaker)..

If am not clear, let me know, i will help you with inputs..

here comes a disappointment for me....:confused:
the seller AUDIOCART called me and said stocks are unavailable.
They placed an order and they may receive by mid or end of next month.:rolleyes:
Not sure if I should be hopeful and wait .... or.... cancel it and choose a different model in platinum series.....

I used my credit card..... so i have to pay them without having the product in hand...
And not sure if the stock may arrive or not .....

here comes a disappointment for me....:confused:
the seller AUDIOCART called me and said stocks are unavailable.
They placed an order and they may receive by mid or end of next month.:rolleyes:
Not sure if I should be hopeful and wait .... or.... cancel it and choose a different model in platinum series.....

I used my credit card..... so i have to pay them without having the product in hand...
And not sure if the stock may arrive or not .....

This is sad.. Don't think you should wait for the stocks to come until next month end.. Request the seller to initiate refund immediately..Once the seller confirms the aval of stocks, then place the order.. No point giving the money..

It is unfair on seller to list a product that is not in stock :( ..

Unfortunate and disappointing ......I requested for cancellation.
I dout LCR60 availability anytime soon ....alternatively,

1. What if I use 3 x C-100 mounted vertically ??? (44k) (not sure if its a good idea technically)

2. S40 or B40 bookshelf paired with C40 center (31k to 37k) (economical)

3. platinum F60 SL floorstander paired with C40 center (53k) (bit heavy on pocket)
(floorstander...because of looks...)

Does the S40/B40 bookshelf + a sub..... perform as good as F60SL floorstander + sub ?

Guys....just wanted to update...
Ordered one pair of PLATINUM S90SL (thanks to elangoas for pointing out PLATINUM B40 is not compulsory if I have a sub)

For center, il buy LCR60SL when stocks are available. (Hifimart says, they will get it next month end)
If that is good, I will buy 2 more LCR60SL, and move these S90SL to surrounds or to the hall.
Thank you so much for all the guidance !!!

Ordered one pair of PLATINUM S90SL (thanks to elangoas for pointing out PLATINUM B40 is not compulsory if I have a sub)

For center, il buy LCR60SL when stocks are available. (Hifimart says, they will get it next month end)
If that is good, I will buy 2 more LCR60SL, and move these S90SL to surrounds or to the hall.
From where are you buying?

Great.. Good to try few things before you decide.. Hope you got your refund from the amazon seller..

yes I got them ....It was a mistake, but Mr.Jagadesh from Audiocart is a nice person, he himself called me a few times to check that refund is done.

Secondly, regarding the choice, I will have a chance to experience a bookshelf as well as LCR60SL. :D

Hi Guys, finally, i got the PLATINUM S90SL and placed them as fronts. First thing I noticed is that CLARITY is better than floorstanders in tav606se. How much better ??? Well it's too early to judge. Because with earlier Fs, over a period of time, i kept on finetuning the settings to get the best out of them. I have to do the same with these Bs. Also it takes a few days to break in ??

Without a sub, the fs, sounded far more dynamic and loud than S90SL at the same dB. But when I switched on the sub, the combo sounded very very nice !!!:D:D

But the very good thing I liked about these Bs is that I'm listening to some hidden musical bits, more prominently in the same songs that I listened many times. Overall its a satisfactory upgrade with very less money !!;);)

Important: This is only my first impression without any efforts on finetuning. I will update again on S90SL after 4 or 5 days usage.

Now I have to wait for LCR60SL stocks.

Last edited:
And by the way.... This is the first time I experienced that Bs+Sub is definitely a good combo and Fs is not a compulsion.

Hi Guys, I taught of waiting for a few days before saying anything further on S90SL. But this is 3rd day, and I did some basic settings, and they are already sounding awesome !!!

thanks to elangoas, Sasank, and pranjandas !!!
When I taught of upgrade, i was expecting that I have to spend anywhere up to 50k.

But with just 12k, these are sounding really nice !!!:D:D:D

Sasank, you are right, no comparison between platinum and tav series. They are sounding quite musical and detailed !!! Very happy with them !!

Hi Guys, I taught of waiting for a few days before saying anything further on S90SL. But this is 3rd day, and I did some basic settings, and they are already sounding awesome !!!

thanks to elangoas, Sasank, and pranjandas !!!
When I taught of upgrade, i was expecting that I have to spend anywhere up to 50k.

But with just 12k, these are sounding really nice !!!:D:D:D

Sasank, you are right, no comparison between platinum and tav series. They are sounding quite musical and detailed !!! Very happy with them !!
Congrats and have a happy listening.

Both Audiocart (amazon seller) & Hifimart says stocks will be available by this month end.
Alternatives... im thinking this way ....

CENTER:
C90 or C40 both use same drivers, but Im guessing C40 may sound better, as the cabinet is big, tweeter is raised up, and has two air vents.
(C-100.... I don't know... may be its an over kill for my room ..... lobbing issue may/many not happen technically)

FRONTS:
1. S90SL - I already have them.
2. PLATINUM ONE- If they sound better than S90SL (I have no way to know this)
3. B40 - If they sound much better than both above models.
(One of our FM says, in addition to the bass, they sound much better in mids, highs and voice too)

If I change the fronts to B40 or Platinum ONE, I will shift the S90SL to surrounds.

(Company website recommends S90SL for surrounds, and Platinum ONE for bookshelf.
and they have a special mention and write up for Platinum ONE too !!!
But I have a hard time believing Platinum ONE is noticeably much superior as it has only 4" driver, as compared to 5.25" in S90SL

CENTER:
C90 or C40 both use same drivers, but Im guessing C40 may sound better, as the cabinet is big, tweeter is raised up, and has two air vents.
(C-100.... I don't know... may be its an over kill for my room ..... lobbing issue may/many not happen technically)

The bigger dimensions is to hit deeper.. Whether you get C90 (or) C40, you will set the Center as "Small" in AVR and use it with 80 Hz crossover.. So, technically a bigger cabinet will be of no gain to you..Choose the one that has wall mount option.. More flexibility..

But I have a hard time believing Platinum ONE is noticeably much superior as it has only 4" driver, as compared to 5.25" in S90SL

Platinum ONE might have bigger dimensions & may be ported too to hit more lower than S90 SL..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back