Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

is 506 with good sub will be better then 606SE ?
If you can afford it - suggest going for 606SE or even better models at the outset. Audition both 506 and 606se at Jamsticks in Bangalore - call them first to make sure both are available for audition.

I checked out both and 606SE sounds definitely better than 506. But cant say it is worth the upgrade if you already have 506.
Using which AVR? My guess is 506 should sound better than 606se when driven with basic Avr because of low watts requirement of 506v2.
I am looking to buy either 606 v3 or 606se, I am leaning towards 606 v3 because of low watts requirement, since I have basic Yamaha 2071 AVR whats ur opinion? (Recommended 606v3 90w vs 606se 110w as per taga websites)

Using which AVR? My guess is 506 should sound better than 606se when driven with basic Avr because of low watts requirement of 506v2.
I am looking to buy either 606 v3 or 606se, I am leaning towards 606 v3 because of low watts requirement, since I have basic Yamaha 2071 AVR606 whats ur opinion? (Recommended 606v3 90w vs 606se 110w as per taga websites)
Tested both with the same entry level AVR. 606se sounded better than 506. Difficult to describe in words but closest to say would be that the 606se sound was relatively full-bodied, more filling, better sound stage. Did not try 606v3.
Dont go by spec alone. If you can go for an audition and decide for yourself. If you are not in a position to audition, then ask yourself - Will you upgrade to a more powerful AVR in future? Go for higher power rated speakers.
The main difference in SE in terms of spec seems to be with the FS. But if you are using a decent sub, probably that is moot.

Tested both with the same entry level AVR. 606se sounded better than 506. Difficult to describe in words but closest to say would be that the 606se sound was relatively full-bodied, more filling, better sound stage. Did not try 606v3.
Dont go by spec alone. If you can go for an audition and decide for yourself. If you are not in a position to audition, then ask yourself - Will you upgrade to a more powerful AVR in future? Go for higher power rated speakers.
The main difference in SE in terms of spec seems to be with the FS. But if you are using a decent sub, probably that is moot.
Thank you,, which AVR used for auditioning?

606 v3 vs 606 SE diff is in front only
606 any vs 506 all speakers are diif.
I am now stuck between 506 and 606 SE.
I am not sure if 606 is overkill for a small room.

how the 606 SE is packaged ? as a single box or multiple box? totally its around 45kg

606 v3 vs 606 SE diff is in front only
606 any vs 506 all speakers are diif.
I am now stuck between 506 and 606 SE.
I am not sure if 606 is overkill for a small room.

how the 606 SE is packaged ? as a single box or multiple box? totally its around 45kg
Single large box pack - make sure that your floor number is mentioned in your address so that the delivery person wont argue about leaving in the groundfloor!
How large is your room?

Single large box pack - make sure that your floor number is mentioned in your address so that the delivery person wont argue about leaving in the groundfloor!
How large is your room?
Yes, that helps, I was thinking about local purchase and its ruled out now. I cannot lift that heavy package. I have to measure my room and update

I checked with they don't have stock now and also they are quoting 33k for platinum sub
I just purchased the SW-10 v3 from NextHifi.com for 26K. They also sell as Soundgroves in Amazon but over there the price is higher. You can go to NextHifi.com and negotiate the price via chat. I found them to be very professional and product was delivered to my Bangalore home in 2-3 days via BlueDart.

I just purchased the SW-10 v3 from NextHifi.com for 26K. They also sell as Soundgroves in Amazon but over there the price is higher. You can go to NextHifi.com and negotiate the price via chat. I found them to be very professional and product was delivered to my Bangalore home in 2-3 days via BlueDart.
Thanks a lot

How is packing

It came in the original Taga box with excellent packing and sufficient cushioning inside. All accessories were properly sealed and there was no damage to the product. However the box is very heavy. Import date showed as Dec, 2018.
Ordered and received the product thanks for your timely post

Congrats on your purchase, please share your experience with SW-10 v3 with movies and music, i think you are the first one to get the V3 most of them have v2 hence it will be an great help if you could share your experience, thanks in advance..

Congrats on your purchase, please share your experience with SW-10 v3 with movies and music, i think you are the first one to get the V3 most of them have v2 hence it will be an great help if you could share your experience, thanks in advance..
I think this is a very good sub. After the YPAO multi-point setup and initial break in, it sounds fantastic for movies. My listening area is pretty big and although it doesn't quite rattle my windows and door (which is a good thing for me), there is enough punch to put a smile on the listener's face. Yesterday I was doing a demo with the movie "Fury" and with the tank battles it felt just like a big movie theatre :) For music the bass is tight and punchy and is not boomy at all. I feel it is best suited for pop and classical music. With hip-hops it tends to get a bit over-whelming though and you may have to turn down the volume a little. Overall clearly, this is the best sub-woofer that I have ever owned and it perfectly compliments my rest of the Taga platinum speakers. BTW, I have kept the volume a little above the half way mark and is using a single Amazon basics subwoofer cable. In the manual it says if we use the supplied Y cable the gain will be higher. I tried that but it sounded a bit boomy than the single LFE connection.

I think this is a very good sub. After the YPAO multi-point setup and initial break in, it sounds fantastic for movies. My listening area is pretty big and although it doesn't quite rattle my windows and door (which is a good thing for me), there is enough punch to put a smile on the listener's face. Yesterday I was doing a demo with the movie "Fury" and with the tank battles it felt just like a big movie theatre :) For music the bass is tight and punchy and is not boomy at all. I feel it is best suited for pop and classical music. With hip-hops it tends to get a bit over-whelming though and you may have to turn down the volume a little. Overall clearly, this is the best sub-woofer that I have ever owned and it perfectly compliments my rest of the Taga platinum speakers. BTW, I have kept the volume a little above the half way mark and is using a single Amazon basics subwoofer cable. In the manual it says if we use the supplied Y cable the gain will be higher. I tried that but it sounded a bit boomy than the single LFE connection.
thanks for the update, sure you should be happy with the purchase, congrats once again!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back