Taga Harmony - Owners thread !!!

Hi friends today i received subwoofer Tagaharmony platinum tsw V3 10 inches I purchased from next hifi store RS 26000 performance of subwoofer excellent no destortion ,no humming sound

but still you should have asked for, anyways let us know your take on Sw10v3 once you receive it share your review, i'll also plan for one if it is really good,
Excellent performance no destortion,no humming sound right now I checked only songs FLAC songs playing very well in my Denon 1500h iam using Tagaharmony 606 V3 with platinum SW 10 V3 my friend testing my even full volume no destortion very happy of the performance of subwoofer

Hi Guys, Today I ordered Taga Harmony TAV606-SE from next hifi. Waiting for delivery. I don't have an AVR yet. Planning to buy a Pioneer VSX-LX302 or VSX-1131

Excellent performance no destortion,no humming sound right now I checked only songs FLAC songs playing very well in my Denon 1500h iam using Tagaharmony 606 V3 with platinum SW 10 V3 my friend testing my even full volume no destortion very happy of the performance of subwoofer

Can you please share us a few photos of the sub? Also how tight is the bass? Does it go near to 20Hz as mentioned in the spec?

Thanks and Sure, I will update my review. I am a bit confused which AVR to take. Currently considering lx302 and 1131. Any advice is appreciated
Hi,

Not sure about LX302; but i have been using VSX 1131 with taga 606 since last 2 years. Its value for money. You won't regret. But, LX302 is also dolby vision compatible. If you plan to make use of dolby vision feature; then go for LX302.

Hi,

Not sure about LX302; but i have been using VSX 1131 with taga 606 since last 2 years. Its value for money. You won't regret. But, LX302 is also dolby vision compatible. If you plan to make use of dolby vision feature; then go for LX302.

Thanks @revolty. Last Friday I went to purchase AVR and lx302 was not available. They had lx303 though but it was too expensive to my pocket. So I picked up vsx-933. Now my HT setup is complete and enjoying the surround sound ;)

Thanks @revolty. Last Friday I went to purchase AVR and lx302 was not available. They had lx303 though but it was too expensive to my pocket. So I picked up vsx-933. Now my HT setup is complete and enjoying the surround sound ;)

Congrats on your purchase of vsx933, what was the price and where did you buy from?, please share your experience with vsx-933 and how well it blends with the Taga 606se when compared to your previous 1131?

Congrats on your purchase of vsx933, what was the price and where did you buy from?, please share your experience with vsx-933 and how well it blends with the Taga 606se when compared to your previous 1131?
I purchased it from Hifi Gallery, Parrys Corner, Chennai. I bought it for Rs. 34.5k

This is my first AVR and first 5.0 speaker system. I was considering to buy 1131 but it was not available. The experience so far is very good. When I set it up initially with auto mcacc it was not mind blowing experience. Later I changed speaker configuration and it sounds great now.

Lot of people feel that the low freq effects of tav606-SE is quite enough. There is certain amount of bass from the speakers when I set the cross over to 80Hz. But it can never give you the satisfaction of a proper sub.

I purchased it from Hifi Gallery, Parrys Corner, Chennai. I bought it for Rs. 34.5k

This is my first AVR and first 5.0 speaker system. I was considering to buy 1131 but it was not available. The experience so far is very good. When I set it up initially with auto mcacc it was not mind blowing experience. Later I changed speaker configuration and it sounds great now.

Lot of people feel that the low freq effects of tav606-SE is quite enough. There is certain amount of bass from the speakers when I set the cross over to 80Hz. But it can never give you the satisfaction of a proper sub.
How is the power of the AVR vsx-933 does it handle 606se well or you think it is bit low powered AVR?

How is the power of the AVR vsx-933 does it handle 606se well or you think it is bit low powered AVR?

As I said, this is my first HT setup so I am not able to compare. When I set the volume to 70 for DD+ movies the sound effects seem to be really pop out. If I set volume below 60 for movies in DD+ I could not realize the surround sound effects. For music, 60+ seems to work fine without disturbing the neighbours, 70+ for music seems to be too loud (of course it has great bass and punchy music but your neighbors will complain)

I am using 50-55 for all DTH shows, news & movie songs and it works quite well.

To answer your question: Does 933 handle the tav606-se well? Yes. It handles beautifully. Never felt like it is under-powered. Anything above 75+ will shake your home. Never had the courage to test past 74.

Congrats on your purchase. BTW are you using a single LFE cable or a Y cable for connecting the sub? Many people say that with a Y cable the gain will be higher. I actually tried that but the sub was sounding a bit boomy, so switched back to a single LFE cable.

Congrats on your purchase. BTW are you using a single LFE cable or a Y cable for connecting the sub? Many people say that with a Y cable the gain will be higher. I actually tried that but the sub was sounding a bit boomy, so switched back to a single LFE cable.
Hi iam using y cable

Do anyone here own Taga platinum f120 v.2 or v.3?? Please share your experiences and evaluation regarding price to performance keeping in mind with speakers from other brands in same price range

Hello FMs,
I have picked up a used Platinum SW-10 V2. I own a Yamaha YHT-1840 HTiB, and I use the stock speakers that come as part of the package. Since this is my first active subwoofer, I'm still trying to understand the optimal settings for the subwoofer. I am confused with the cross-over value that needs to be set on the AVR and on the subwoofer. It would be great help if FMs here could provide me inputs on this.

Regards,
Kiran.

P.S. - Appreciate @elangoas Sir for his inputs on the purchase decision.

Since this is my first active subwoofer, I'm still trying to understand the optimal settings for the subwoofer. I am confused with the cross-over value that needs to be set on the AVR and on the subwoofer. It would be great help if FMs here could provide me inputs on this.

You can keep the crossover knob on the subwoofer to "full", turn it all the way fully to its right side.. On the AVR, you can set all the speakers to small, and make the crossver to sub as 100Hz.. Also keep the volume knob on the subwoofer to halfway point (or) to the level you like the bass..

Hi friends,

Which center speaker should I choose C-100 or C-90Sl ? Recommended watts by taga for c100 is 150watts but for c90Sl it's only 90watts so my question is
Is Yamaha AVR 585 enough to drive taga center speaker C-100 ?

I will be buying tav506 + Rx585 + Polk hts12 but will change center speaker to above ones, so which center to choose?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back