Taga speaker package Vs platinum series speakers

chaitanyaht3

Hi Guys,

My friend wants to buy speakers. He is impressed with my value for money package TagaTAV606SE.

Now the question is,.. in what way the "Platinum series" BS, Center channel, and surrounds sound better than Tav606Se package? Is it in terms of sound quality? Or Sound signature ??etc ?

Tav606se package comes with floor standers. Does the "Platinum series" BS sound better and dynamic like floorstanders??

Please give your inputs assuming there is no Subwoofer in both cases.....

Thanks guys
Chaitanya

Hi

Speaker brands have their variety of models....this means different specs, built quality, performance etc....also the costs.....

Most BS speakers do well for music as the bass emitted from most songs is within the barriers of 50hz / 60 hz....

FS speakers can go lower to 35hz - 45hz....depends again on specs and size of drivers etc....some FS have in built woofers to take care of low frequency thus eliminating the need of a sub.....

If your friend will use the speakers equally for movies and music...recommended to get a sub which can deliver more lower frequencies than the BS or FS.

Like we all say and keep saying it....audition is key....your friend heard your system and liked it...let him get his songs or movies and try it again ....then perhaps can audition other models or brands where possible and make an informed decision and choice...

From what I heard and see a couple of Youtube videos...it seems Platinum series is quite nice.....

Now the question is,.. in what way the "Platinum series" BS, Center channel, and surrounds sound better than Tav606Se package? Is it in terms of sound quality? Or Sound signature ??etc ?

The TAV series are budget offerings, while the Platinum series are top of the line offerings from Taga..

Platinum series offer premium components / internals over TAV series - Most notable ones from platinum series have titanium tweeter (metal tweeter), which i think are similar ones used in Monitor Audio, Klipsch RP series.. They are rated upto 40KHz..They can either sound sharp (or) detailed in highs.. But, having used the platinum series (LCR 60 & TCI-100R), i don't find them too sharp to cause fatigue.. They also sound detailed..

Platinum series also use aluminium cones for midrange/bass drivers while the TAV series use polypropylene / paper cone material.. These are some technical material differences..

Here are some technology in Platinum series per Taga harmony website - http://www.tagaharmony.com/menu,57,platinum_v.2

hi,

i have auditioned taga harmony 606 se, tav 616, and azure f-100 and platinum series f120,c-100 and s-100.so i think i can answer your questions.i havent heard bs.but i believe they will be good as i heard remaining ones in platinum series.if you compare sound quality and price,the order will be as mentioned above.i can surely say that there is no comparison between tav series(let it be 606se or 616) and platinum series.Platinum series will have very good sensibility and very good sound quality.undoubtedly they are value for money.As mentioned by elangoas its technology is different.i would ask you to have an audition and decide according to your liking.you can ask me if you have any doubt regarding these.All the best.

thank you very much efernand1 & elangoas.....

he is nearly decided to buy taga tav606 se.

I want to suggest him platinum series. But i dont know what exact reason i have to tell.
I read here and there, that platinum series are better than packages.

Each Floorstanders has 1 tweeter + 2 mid range drivers + 2 bass drivers.
Each Platinum BS has only one tweeter & one bass driver.
Its hard for me convince platinum BS is better than Floor standers in the package.
(assuming remaining speakers and sub be the same in both cases)

I understood that platinin series used better quality components.
But when it comes to the actual sound output, I am not aware in what way platinum BS sound better than FS in the package.
I mean in terms of clarity or loudness or sound signature etc

But when it comes to the actual sound output, I am not aware in what way platinum BS sound better than FS in the package.
I mean in terms of clarity or loudness or sound signature etc
in my opinion,the actual sound output in terms of clarity or loudness or sound signature is far far better than the packages.you cannot even compare them.you should audition first.

hi,

i have auditioned taga harmony 606 se, tav 616, and azure f-100 and platinum series f120,c-100 and s-100.so i think i can answer your questions.i havent heard bs.but i believe they will be good as i heard remaining ones in platinum series.if you compare sound quality and price,the order will be as mentioned above.i can surely say that there is no comparison between tav series(let it be 606se or 616) and platinum series.Platinum series will have very good sensibility and very good sound quality.undoubtedly they are value for money.As mentioned by elangoas its technology is different.i would ask you to have an audition and decide according to your liking.you can ask me if you have any doubt regarding these.All the best.

Thank you Sasank, i didn't check your comment earlier... :)

Actually my friend doesn't have the taste of such speakers and avr till now. So he is readily impressed with my Tav606SE package.

He can use my gear an be happy for a while....

May be it's an opportunity for me to upgrade my floor standers and center channels to platinum series. If it's an upgrade worth doing. What do you say guys ??

(May be its my personal perception problem... It still hard to digest :Dthat platinum bookshelf's sound better than my floorstanders)

Actually my friend doesn't have the taste of such speakers and avr till now. So he is readily impressed with my Tav606SE package.

He can use my gear an be happy for a while....

May be it's an opportunity for me to upgrade my floor standers and center channels to platinum series. If it's an upgrade worth doing. What do you say guys ??

I was abt to suggest this to you.. For a beginner TAV will keep him happy.. If you get a chance, move up to platinum series..

But wait.. Do you have a sub?

Can I assume this way???

listening to 2.0 sterio with my existing floorstanders is punchy and powerful. (even without a sub)
at -15dB or -10dB, they go pretty loud too !! (for some songs they even get a slight vibration in my furniture)

For the same 2.0 sterio, Platinum S90 SL bookshelf will be better in terms of sound quality.
But they may not go to the extent of vibrating the furniture. (i am assuming)
But with an additional sub, 2.1 will be much better than my floor standers. (am I correct here?)

Can I assume this way???

listening to 2.0 sterio with my existing floorstanders is punchy and powerful. (even without a sub)
at -15dB or -10dB, they go pretty loud too !! (for some songs they even get a slight vibration in my furniture)

For the same 2.0 sterio, Platinum S90 SL bookshelf will be better in terms of sound quality.
But they may not go to the extent of vibrating the furniture. (i am assuming)
But with an additional sub, 2.1 will be much better than my floor standers. (am I correct here?)

Yes.. your understanding is right.. Also S90 SL is a sealed BS speaker, rated at a low 44Hz per specs.. Thought it may not be able to hit that low/rattle your firniture, it should comfortably produce 80hz and the rest of the lows to be handled by sub with a crossover in AVR..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back