Taking my baby step for new set up, pls handhold me

Bornagain

Dear All,
With limited budget I have just started this journey and so far invested 7k on a used pioneer VSX D635 and later upgraded to Yamaha RXV 750 receiver, pairing with Pioneer SHF9 tower speaker, I would need your kind advice how to build step by step to complete the 5.1 set up, also note I have no sound knowledge on sound, just caught this fancy very late in my life, hence your advise and suggestion would be highly priced, I live in an apartment so don't want to bring the house down, but a rich filling sound experience is what I am looking for, being a person from middle class I can afford only second hand stuff at the moment, so pls guide me, any assistance would be of great help, thanks once again.

Thanks Noel,
Room size is 15X10 Hall, and I am just a music lover, the budget I am looking is another 10-15K, I have heard that pioneer SHF9 needs a G.equalizer to rev up, also I am looking at a good CD player which would give a quality original sound.

Not sure with a 10 inch speaker would i still need to add a woofer, but I am for having a good mid and highs speaker, if that needs having additional speakers i am all for it, but again on a condition that I don't want to bring my house down, I want a rich filling immersive sound.

At the moment set up is
Yamaha RXV 750 , Pioneer SHF9 tower, which is 150W @ 6ohms, I am using Onida DVD player but I am for upgrading to a better CD/DVD player and I still go by coaxial cables.
Thanks again for answering and helping me.

I have not heard to the speakers u mentioned. Since you mentioned that you are a music lover a stereo setup would be the best and if u want more bass add a good subwoofer for about 15k.
Another option is that to sell your current pioneer and put in extra 15k to get a better tower speakers so you can enjoy music at its best and when you have money you can add on a subwoofer and surrounds and center later only if you want to watch movies. Hope this helps.

Thanks Dear Noel Saju,
May be its time that I switch to another tower speakers, which one would you suggest to pair with Yamaha RXV 750, I can invest upto 15k for a good pair, I mean in the second hand market.

I personally don't have experience in second hand market but I think you can get decent tower speakers for 20-25k. So if u sell your speakers for 10k you could get a decent pair.jamo c 605 you can get below 30k the are good for music with very accurate bass. But according to me almost all speakers are of the same built quality what is different is the sound. You should choose the speakers according to your taste by auditioning the speakers. Best of luck.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back